You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coro

Mick, Purslow would, as you and I know there would be civil war and most people (rightly or wrongly) would side with the manager, not the suit.

Ayre is the tea boy, we all know that. I'd guess he doesn't even have a vote on the Board on the major issues. No way he has the same vote as Hicks for instance.

I would hardly call Ayre a tea boy. He will have a vote on the board definitely, even when it came to sacking Benitez, him, Purslow and Nash would have got a vote each. The Americans influence would have been marginalised. We effectively have a three man board running the show now.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purslow is their representative on earth.

Whether that is Hicks and Gillett, RBS or even Purslow Enterprises doesn't matter.

He is as dangerous as anyone within the Club.

Hodgson will deffo get on with him as that will be part of the deal that was done. Purslow has reversed the balance of power with binning Benitez.

Jesus Christ.

So Rafa represented the fans then, how nice of him.

I find it a little bit hypocritical and slightly concerning that the likes of John Bishop, John Aldridge, Peter Hooton, Nicky Allt and co all of whom are representatives of SOS/ShareLiverpool, and all seem to be regulars on LFCTV.
he tell's other people's stories as if they were his own :lol:

Not to mention their cozy little column in the match programme. Hooton, Allt and that Kirby twat if I remember rightly.

Yes that is correct they do have a page in the matchday programme.

I personally feel that those that are fighting on our side of the fence should have nothing to do with the club's television station or the official matchday programme.

Ayre is not just the 'tea boy'. He is part of a five-man board – comprising Broughton, Hicks, Gillett, Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre – all of which have a vote on the club's future direction. He is more of a Hicks puppet than Purslow in my opinion.

Is it not significant that Hicks Jnr copied in Ayre and Nash on the 'blow me' email in January and not Purslow?

I think Ayre is getting off scot free, and wonder if that is because he has spent time lately being pally pally with Nicky Allt on trips to Ireland.

Ha ha. Comedy answer. Nicky Allt in Ayre's pocket - I dare you to say that to his face.

Do you think Ayre has exactly the same say and vote as Hicks on the board? Simple question.

I see both sides of this argument and I think to a point ant has a point. For instance, the day after Rafa was sacked the union had a demo. Supposedly not because he was sacked, but because there were footballing decisions being made by non-footballing men. However, I don't remember similar types of demos 12 months or so earlier when non-footballing men were giving Rafa his ridiculous contract - a contract that was awarded not for footballing reasons but an attempt to show the banks there was some stability within the club. There's no doubt in my mind that the union started ramping it up against Purslow from the point he failed to agree a minute for the meeting with SoS and this has intensified since Rafa was sacked. You may not feel from within the committee that this is the case, but there is no doubt that is the public perception and from where I sit the vitriol towards him seems far more severe than anything towards RBS since the day Rafa was sacked.

Personally I think Purslow is an utter cunt, so I am happy with the unions current stance and I pray the parasite does not somehow survive if we ever get new ownership - but to deny Ant has some type of a point I think is a little disingenuous.

The Union had nothing to do with the demo after Benitez left.

All that has been done Purslow wise since Benitez left are the questions that have been put to him.

Ha ha. Comedy answer. Nicky Allt in Ayre's pocket - I dare you to say that to his face.

Do you think Ayre has exactly the same say and vote as Hicks on the board? Simple question.

Why is Ian Ayre travelling to Dublin with the actors and production team from 'One Night in Istanbul' which included Nicky Allt of Spirit of Shankly? Who invited him?

Do you not think it is inappropriate for SOS representatives to associate themselves with senior management and to appear on the club's television station on a regular basis?

Many of the journalists that your friend Paul Rice offered praise to recently have written that "......a new five-man board – comprising Broughton, Hicks, Gillett, Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre – will be able to vote on the club's future direction."

I think anyone who has ever had any dealings with Nicky could say without any reproach that he's never been in anyone's pocket. I don't actually believe there's a pocket that could contain him!

I am not saying that he is in Ayre's pocket, but I was concerned to see that leech Ian Ayre travelling with the cast and production team from 'One Night in Istanbul' which included Nicky Allt.

I see both sides of this argument and I think to a point ant has a point. For instance, the day after Rafa was sacked the union had a demo. Supposedly not because he was sacked, but because there were footballing decisions being made by non-footballing men. However, I don't remember similar types of demos 12 months or so earlier when non-footballing men were giving Rafa his ridiculous contract - a contract that was awarded not for footballing reasons but an attempt to show the banks there was some stability within the club.

As Coro says, I'm pretty sure Graham has pointed out a few times on here that the demo you refer to was nothing to do with SoS.

(So Ted, hold back on passing off those opinions as your own...)

EDIT

(Sorry, just seen Graham's newer post!)

I think there were valid reasons for that Stevie. I know the producer well and he has no interest in football so he has no need to take sides in this. He told me he had to get permission from Ian Ayre to use the footage from Istanbul in the show. That happened about two years ago and Ayre is probably well within his rights to keep an eye on something that he has given the seal of approval to. Whether you think even that is too much of a relationship in the current situation is entirely up to yourself and I wouldn't try to persuade you either way on that but I think this is the background to it and it's probably worth bearing in mind.

I think there were valid reasons for that Stevie. I know the producer well and he has no interest in football so he has no need to take sides in this. He told me he had to get permission from Ian Ayre to use the footage from Istanbul in the show. That happened about two years ago and Ayre is probably well within his rights to keep an dye on something that he has given the seal of approval to. Whether you think even that is too much of a relationship in the current situation is entirely up to yourself and I wouldn't try to persuade you either way on that but I think this is the background to it and it's probably worth bearing in mind.

That's fair enough and thank you for pointing that out Tony. I just find it very disappointing when I switch on LFCTV and keep seeing the same faces who regularly appear on the channel who are SOS members & supposedly against everything that the club stands for at present. I think it would send out a real statement if all invitations to appear on the channel were rejected with an explanation as to why. The same applies to writing columns in the matchday programme.

I think that's a fair point as well Stevie. I appear on the channel myself from time to time and I can understand and respect your point of view.

Are you going to boycott then, Rome?

Time for a poem it's called a 'Conflict of Interests'

I can go on TV, Recieve a fee

From those of I which do not agree

Write a column, sign a book

Then retreat to SOS and pretend to give a fuck

Look at me here, pandering to the masses

Subliminal advertising, Man I mastered those classes!

Conflict of interests maybe so?

Whoops Kop Talkin's on! Gotta rush, time to go!

As for the Rafa march after he got sacked. Coulda fooled me Jay McKenna was giving interviews to Sky.

Can you show me where the Union announced, organised or sorted the demonstration? And when you can't you can concede the point that the Union had nothing to do with it.

I was there as where quite a few others. The TV were there and saw Jay, and not unnaturally, knowing he's a known quantity asked him to comment.

And before the usual crew arrive and talk about Union support for Benitez he expressed no such view other than what has always been the case - it's no way to support any manager irrespective of who he was.

On the LFC TV point - if you're a member and think it off - propose it at the next meeting - it'll be coming up in the next couple of months or even better email me and ask for it to be discussed at the next Committee meeting (this Thursday) - better than patting each other on the back on an internet site yet again and going all Pam Ayres.