You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Galactico

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't reveal my source but somethings in the wind my friends - from the east and the wind blows and it smells sweet. Things are happening. Watch this space. In 2 weeks things will be clearer.

I'll make of that what I will.

As the saying goes.

Judge orders auction of Texas Rangers

(AFP) – 1 day ago

FORT WORTH, Texas — A US bankruptcy judge has decided that the cash-strapped Texas Rangers will be auctioned off, setting a date of August 4 for the bidding.

Several months ago Major League Baseball had endorsed a preferred buyer - a group led by team president and Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan and Pittsburgh sports attorney Chuck Greenberg.

But creditors argued that the bid was not the highest, and US bankruptcy judge D. Michael Lynn decided an auction was best.

Angry creditors have still complained that the auction process is unfair and still favors the Ryan-Greenberg group.

After the auction, Major League Baseball will still be able to reject the highest bidder and approve the next highest bid - something lenders opposed.

But if that happens, the judge can determine if the league acted in good faith, according to revised auction procedures.

AFP: Judge orders auction of Texas Rangers

Can't say where this comes from but something is rumbling down below. Soon enough the news will come hurling forth and trust me the scent is of severe alcohol poisoning. Don't try to pump me for information, or the drip will dry up completely, leaving only the caked remains of yesterdays rumor.

Does anyone know what time today's press conference is to unveil Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan as the new Liverpool owner?

Not sure, but I'm getting very upset now. This is supposed to be our special day and so far not a peep from anyone. Think I might go and put My Chemical Romance on, paint my eyelashes black and sob for an hour straight. I might even record it and post it up on youtube, titled "Look at what you've done, Cecil!"

Life's just not fair. Only an Arab can save my day.

Hi Guys

I am a life long Liverpool fan and a scouser. For a living I am involved in the negotiation and sales of companies. To be honest I am encouraged by the fact that there is no news in the press at the moment about bids etc. For a club the size of Liverpool it is so important that, prior to the issue of the memorandum of sale (which I believe is now available), that the club has got its self in order. Of cause I am not referring to the owners, but things like the shape of the sale of the club, the agreed valuation method and that all internal matters such as employment contracts, legals, environmental issues are all up to date. Once this has been completed only then would you put the club on the market. To be honest the first stage can be a lengthy process.

Once you are then in initial discussions with purchasers then any one brokering the deal who is worth their salt would insist on confidentially agreements. Also, you may have the situation where one offer may include an exclusivity period which may restrict the club from talking to other parties. Due diligence by a potential purchaser on a club the size of Liverpool will also take some time.

If this is done correctly, which I pray it is, the first we should know about the sale of the club is when it has all been completed.

Hi Guys

I am a life long Liverpool fan and a scouser. For a living I am involved in the negotiation and sales of companies. To be honest I am encouraged by the fact that there is no news in the press at the moment about bids etc. For a club the size of Liverpool it is so important that, prior to the issue of the memorandum of sale (which I believe is now available), that the club has got its self in order. Of cause I am not referring to the owners, but things like the shape of the sale of the club, the agreed valuation method and that all internal matters such as employment contracts, legals, environmental issues are all up to date. Once this has been completed only then would you put the club on the market. To be honest the first stage can be a lengthy process.

Once you are then in initial discussions with purchasers then any one brokering the deal who is worth their salt would insist on confidentially agreements. Also, you may have the situation where one offer may include an exclusivity period which may restrict the club from talking to other parties. Due diligence by a potential purchaser on a club the size of Liverpool will also take some time.

If this is done correctly, which I pray it is, the first we should know about the sale of the club is when it has all been completed.

Thanks for the info-how long are we talking here roughly? this year,this season or could it be as quick as this transfer window (if it happens at all)

Hi Guys

Hmmm........ another positive post.

I reckon we'll all still be sitting here on the 31st December, let alone the 31st of August.