You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Galactico

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...in the middle of July, said Broughton. So where are they? Are they with the spade in the ground and Snoogy Doogy somewhere?

If you're going to take him at his word on that, then you also have to take him at his word that we will hear nothing in the press. Personally I hope he was telling the truth on both counts, and it may be a slender hope but time will tell.

I think the main worries for all of us are not just whether these two will ever sell, but who to. It would be a major achievement to find worse owners, but given that will be motivated only by the filthy Dollar, I can't see them being too particular about who they sell to.

I know Broughton said in Roys unveiling Press Conference that it would be about the best bid, not necessarily the highest bid, but you can't help being sceptical about the motives of anyone connected with the Club at board level.

I think the main worries for all of us are not just whether these two will ever sell, but who to. It would be a major achievement to find worse owners, but given that will be motivated only by the filthy Dollar, I can't see them being too particular about who they sell to.

I know Broughton said in Roys unveiling Press Conference that it would be about the best bid, not necessarily the highest bid, but you can't help being sceptical about the motives of anyone connected with the Club at board level.

I think TruckerPaddy was spot on Rob when he said in another thread that the "best bid" will be the one that gives them an interest in ticket sales and other future revenues from the new stadium.

I think TruckerPaddy was spot on Rob when he said in another thread that the "best bid" will be the one that gives them an interest in ticket sales and other future revenues from the new stadium.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that Zig. I think Cancer and Aids will be looking for perhaps a slighty reduced immediate return if it means they can get 'add-ons' for the future.

It really does make your teeth bleed in anger at the whole situation.

They have done very little for the benefit of the club, they have 'revolutionised' marketing streams (apparently) which is only about exploiting more people and markets, they haven't 'done' anything which involves any kind of personal outlay at all.

They have been responsible for piling crippling debt on us and have overseen the most turbulent period in the clubs history and not only do they want a healthy profit up front, they want things like 'stadium returns' factored in when they have neither the ability or inclination to build it. It really is scandalous, nothing short of fucking scandalous.

We can't win no matter who we get in at this stage. The question is how much we can reduce our losses. The absolute best thing we can hope for, in my opinion, is that we get an honest owner that tries his best and doesn't promise things he can't deliver. I can live with not having money to buy players for, it's an honest thing to get smacked in the face by recession. What I don't want is another two weavers promising invisible clothes. I'm tired of parading around as the fool.

We can't win no matter who we get in at this stage. The question is how much we can reduce our losses. The absolute best thing we can hope for, in my opinion, is that we get an honest owner that tries his best and doesn't promise things he can't deliver. I can live with not having money to buy players for, it's an honest thing to get smacked in the face by recession. What I don't want is another two weavers promising invisible clothes. I'm tired of parading around as the fool.

Yeah, bang on Knut. I'd settle for that aswell. It's not as if we don't have players that are good enough. Obviously we would all like improvements in certain key areas, but I could go with short term harship for long term gain if it meant the Ship was steadied under responsible custodians who weren't all about taking money out of the club as a default position.

...in the middle of July, said Broughton. So where are they? Are they with the spade in the ground and Snoogy Doogy somewhere?

Is this a joke? First of all, its not the middle of July, and secondly, do you think we would know about all/any of the bids being made? I'm surprised this thread wasn't made two weeks ago and it all being blamed on rafa. I think some of our fans just want to see us fail.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that Zig. I think Cancer and Aids will be looking for perhaps a slighty reduced immediate return if it means they can get 'add-ons' for the future.

It really does make your teeth bleed in anger at the whole situation.

They have done very little for the benefit of the club, they have 'revolutionised' marketing streams (apparently) which is only about exploiting more people and markets, they haven't 'done' anything which involves any kind of personal outlay at all.

They have been responsible for piling crippling debt on us and have overseen the most turbulent period in the clubs history and not only do they want a healthy profit up front, they want things like 'stadium returns' factored in when they have neither the ability or inclination to build it. It really is scandalous, nothing short of fucking scandalous.

Is fucking right mate. I can only hope that the amount of blood left in the corpse is not enough to attract a new set of vampires.

It all depends on the price regards the attractiveness of the club.

We are still a worldwide brand with a huge fanbase.

We still have massive marketing players such as Torres and Gerrard (although that may shortly change).

Building a new stadium, complete with naming rights can make the new owner plenty of money and allow us to stay competitive at the top of the table.

The problem arises on the initial purchase price though as the club is only worth £300-350m maximum so any potential buyer is not going to want to pay too much over that.

This makes it all the worse. If the previous regime could have sorted us out commercially we'd be so much better off and we could have looked for our own loan to fund the new stadium.

It amazes me how much more money they've brought in through commercial partners and the new Standard Chartered deal. What the hell were the club doing before they took over?

Yet because of the debt we're still massively worse off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Were you expecting a personal update or summink?

EDIT: Bloody Popper!

This makes it all the worse. If the previous regime could have sorted us out commercially we'd be so much better off and we could have looked for our own loan to fund the new stadium.

It amazes me how much more money they've brought in through commercial partners and the new Standard Chartered deal. What the hell were the club doing before they took over?

Yet because of the debt we're still massively worse off.

I think that the answer to that is mate, that the previous regime had neither the brains, the imaginations, the energy or even the stomach for the job.

You wouldn't mind so much if Cancer and AIDS had creamed off the major portion in the increased marketing revenue as dividends paid to themself, but as you say, in theory, we should be better off now than we have ever been, and we haven't got a pot to piss in, in reality.

Going on what Broughton said then he will be inviting non-binding bids by the end of next week to a view to completing due dilligence.

After completing this then they will either walk away or do a legally binding offer for the club of which they will hope to be accepted.

I doubt very much we will here anything else until the sale is almost completed.

Going on what Broughton said then he will be inviting non-binding bids by the end of next week to a view to completing due dilligence.

After completing this then they will either walk away or do a legally binding offer for the club of which they will hope to be accepted.

I doubt very much we will here anything else until the sale is almost completed.

Due Dillgence? That's where any propspective buyers look at our books, laugh and then fuck off quickly right Coop?