You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England vs Germany.

Ezekiel 25:17

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

Those two goals in the second half on the counter made England look very amateur. What a sub-standard performance. Totally lacking in all aspects. Terry and Upson were stupendously bad, I can't believe Carra would have been that bad. Rooney has been abysmal all tournament.

The midfielders did ok at times but were completely overrun in all of England's games at other times. There was no balance in the midfield, no one to control the tempo or stop other teams from counter attacking.

Am looking forward to the rest of the tournament without our boys stinking it up.

Lee Dixon just made a good point- our defenders were being dragged out of position far too easily. Shit defenders or intelligent movement by the Germans?

Both. But i think it points too a deeper issue...a lack of understanding, cohesiveness, throughout the entire team, front to back.

I think the only man who could get this side playing to their strengths would be Harry Redknapp. He wouldn't bog them down with tactics or anything like that. He'd get them playing "English" football.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking gutted but beaten by the better team on the day. Capello got that totally wrong, should have gone 4-5-1 as the Germans always had an extra man in midfield when they won the ball. Our defence were shocking and Upson and Johnson were utter shite. We had 51% of possession and the stats say each team had 14 shots each and 7 each on target.

Rooney was fucking crap and Defoe is a waste of space up front. We should have played Rooney up front by himself and had an extra midfielder in their to balance things up. The Germans just over run us in midfield.

If Germany win the World cup i'll paint my bollocks green as they will be found out against a better managed team.

At least all you bitters will be happy today, but you're fucked for the rest of the tournament now.

The goal should have been given and it changed the game. However, the germans deserved to win.

Completely agree. With the score level there'd have been no reason to press so high and leave only two inept CBs to mind the shop. Germany played some nice football, but Christ they were given a lot of room.

Barry seemed almost guaranteed to lose it when he got in the final third and everyone was bunched in ten square yards like they were playing sardines. Shock horror, the only moments of genuine creativity happened when Gerrard linked up with the strikers in a more forward and central position.

I don't even want to discuss Upson and Terry.

Well played Germany.

Shut up Gabby, "Lampard's goal"? It wasn't given as a goal you silly bint. Call it a "disallowed goal". Why do these TV stations give women jobs as 'analysts' or reporters? Clueless slags.

Fucksake, you sexist bigoted bellwhiff! You want arse-raping by Everton Ladies with saltpetre strap-ons.

It was the same question that any man - especially on ITV - would've opened with.

Fuckwitted question, mind. Like I say - worthy of ITV.

I hope the English media focus their venom on Sepp Blatter and John Terry for his numbskulled mutiny attempt

Two very deserving targets.

You just know it'll be Capello, same with the lugheaded England hardcore. The fact is that these players aren't good enough to mix it with the very best, and most of them are past their best. No one can convincingly pretend that the likes of Gerrard and Lampard are at the peak of their powers and Rooney - never a natural goalscorer at the best of times - is useless when in a sulky frame of mind. I hate to say it, but Rio Ferdinand was badly missed - again, he's past his prime by some way but he has a touch of class about him that no other England defender does. He's not a leaden hoofer.

If the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign suggested anything, it was that England has a shallow pool of players and simple qualifying in style - as happened under Capello for the World Cup - should be considered a success in itself. The preposterously arrogant and xenophobic English press won't see that though, and nor will the fans.

As for the non-goal, appalling decision. I'm not watching football until video replays are introduced, because it's not a credible sport until that point. It may be the most entertaining, but if it fundamentally lacks credibility to the point where such a decision can be rendered under incredibly dubious circumstances Rugby has it, all the top American sports have it, Tennis has it. None entertain me nearly as much as football but they are all - undeniably - far more credible sports. There's far less leeway for corruption unless you're throwing your own game. Defending today's decision is something Chemical Ali, Goebbels or whoever draws up the headlines in North Korea would meet their match with.

They aren't Brownie. England have just been well England and naive to boot. Argentina will wallop Germany I reckon. If they past a tough game tonight that is.

Time will tell if Germany are a good side or not mate, I reckon they are very good. Shite at the back but brilliant going forward.

Germany v Argentina is a mouth-watering prospect in the QF's.