You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Hi Red Phoenix,

I don`t want to freak you out but I noticed that people from TLW were visiting my blog about unemployment (because of the wordpress stats I receive).

Thanks for your interest in how unemployment is used as a weapon in the class war. The hidden policy of using unemployment to control wages is obviously one that can`t be defended publicly, especially at the same time as the unemployed are being demonised by politicians and the mainstream media.

Hi there, not freaked out so don't worry about that, and thanks for the post! Will make sure to check further on what you've mentioned. Have still got a lot to learn about how the economic system works even at a basic level, but have started researching it a lot more now. Am also planning on getting my own research on this and some other subjects onto a site soon hopefully.

It's crazy to think they're doing this though while Cameron, Osborne, etc, are actually going after the unemployed at the same time. Another thing I find amazing though is the relationship between some of the actual journalists who are suppposed to be doing their jobs properly, but are actually aiding them in their efforts. Also that Mark Carney is at the Bank of England, and wondering what he's getting up to seeing as he was previously at Goldman Sachs, of all places. (although I suppose another of his main aims is surely to make sure that a small number of banks make huge profits for a few people in the same way that Bernanke is doing at the Fed in the US.)

It's an increasingly insane situation when you start looking into it, but thanks again for posting, and also for your posts on your site about unemployment, inflation and wages obviously, they've helped in a big way.

That reminded me of the Young Tory of the Year Awards from Fry and Laurie in the early 90s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpypZHVaD1c

"And yes, why not family values?"

I suppose not a lot has changed...

• Upvote 2

Agree with everything in that piece posted by Lizzie Birdsworth, who wouldn't?

But it's not just us, the situation in France is also getting grave, they're ahead of the curve when it comes to young people being unemployed and it's going to become a tinderbox in the next couple of years. A lot of disaffected youth, especially in areas like Montpellier, Marseille, Paris, there are massive sections of society who are Muslims, and it doesn't take much imagination to see that poor, disaffected 20 something lads are going to either (a) riot, and or (b) in some cases will be prime grooming targets for terrorist organisations who can offer a 'career' so to speak, or a 'future', and offer shelter, food, warmth, companionship, and a chance to hit back at the society that is ignoring them.

Back to the UK.

Local Authorities are falling apart at the seams, and the health landscape has never been so muddled, the population of the country keeps growing (and you just wait until the Romanians arrive...), the highstreet keeps shrinking as business gets sucked into the internet, and generally there's not much to be optimistic about. The Tories have been shit. You don't measure how well you are doing as a government by looking at the debt owed, you measure it by looking at growth and optimism and investment. The Tories just aren't delivering, and they need to be booted out before they promise to spend billions on HS2.

If the poor want to fight back then this generation of parents should be grooming their kids to go into politics. Politics is the only true battle ground on which change can occur, and probably 99.99% of young people wouldn't be able to pick Nigel Farrage out of an identity parade.

"What would you like to be when you grown up?"....it would bring a tear to my eye to hear young working class children say "an MP". But why is this so much like hard work to persuade them? They are paid a fortune, they get to break the law, they get to lie, they get weekends off, they get more airtime than most celebrities...what's not to fucking like?

Working class people need to reclaim the Labour party back from the Oxbridge cunts who are perched over it, like a buzzard with it's wings out in the midday sun over a carcass. Fighting back should not be done in the streets, it'll get nowhere. If some of those young twats put an ounce of the same effort and fight into trying to become an MP, or even fucking voting, then the future might look a lot rosier.

Agree with everything in that piece posted by Lizzie Birdsworth, who wouldn't?

But it's not just us, the situation in France is also getting grave, they're ahead of the curve when it comes to young people being unemployed and it's going to become a tinderbox in the next couple of years. A lot of disaffected youth, especially in areas like Montpellier, Marseille, Paris, there are massive sections of society who are Muslims, and it doesn't take much imagination to see that poor, disaffected 20 something lads are going to either (a) riot, and or ( B) in some cases will be prime grooming targets for terrorist organisations who can offer a 'career' so to speak, or a 'future', and offer shelter, food, warmth, companionship, and a chance to hit back at the society that is ignoring them.

Back to the UK.

Local Authorities are falling apart at the seams, and the health landscape has never been so muddled, the population of the country keeps growing (and you just wait until the Romanians arrive...), the highstreet keeps shrinking as business gets sucked into the internet, and generally there's not much to be optimistic about. The Tories have been shit. You don't measure how well you are doing as a government by looking at the debt owed, you measure it by looking at growth and optimism and investment. The Tories just aren't delivering, and they need to be booted out before they promise to spend billions on HS2.

If the poor want to fight back then this generation of parents should be grooming their kids to go into politics. Politics is the only true battle ground on which change can occur, and probably 99.99% of young people wouldn't be able to pick Nigel Farrage out of an identity parade.

"What would you like to be when you grown up?"....it would bring a tear to my eye to hear young working class children say "an MP". But why is this so much like hard work to persuade them? They are paid a fortune, they get to break the law, they get to lie, they get weekends off, they get more airtime than most celebrities...what's not to fucking like?

Working class people need to reclaim the Labour party back from the Oxbridge cunts who are perched over it, like a buzzard with it's wings out in the midday sun over a carcass. Fighting back should not be done in the streets, it'll get nowhere. If some of those young twats put an ounce of the same effort and fight into trying to become an MP, or even fucking voting, then the future might look a lot rosier.

Even if you do, they fail that test too.

• Downvote 1

The aim should be to make the most people happy as possible fucking utilitarianism or some shit. Lower retirement age free up jobs for young people, pay wages people cannot just live on but actually improve their lives . Punish criminals harder and for longer keep Britain tidy, refuse to allow desolute places to exist build for a better brighter future, free custard. Don't be scared to be big life's too short to be little and bacon... Just bacon.

Milliband on Breakfast TV this morning saying he'd definitely freeze energy prices and wouldn't budge even if wholesale prices rise forcing companies into debt. That's going to impact on share price and already has.

Say you are a massive gas exporter, and you know that, say you have been looking to expand into retail for a while. Say you are Gazprom and when the Russians take over see how things go then.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

To be fair, he doesn't represent 'massive gas exporters', he represents the people of Doncaster North, the Labour party and, if he wins the election, the people of Britain. He shouldn't be working in the interests of Gazprom, the state-owned Russian mega-corp with a 150 billion revenue, he should be working for those in this country trying to keep their tootsies warm in the winter. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I agree, he shouldn't be making life easy for them, but he is. They'll get a massive company at a knock down price and it'll have no reason to keep the public on side.

All for a few months of frozen prices? It'll be a wonder if the world doesn't implode. 

It won't implode, you probably won't even notice. Few thousand more redundancies, our largest energy supplier in foreign hands (about as far from Nationalisation you can get), being completely reliant on Russian gas, all investment in UK green energy stopped. That type of stuff.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It won't implode, you probably won't even notice. Few thousand more redundancies, our largest energy supplier in foreign hands (about as far from Nationalisation you can get), being completely reliant on Russian gas, all investment in UK green energy stopped. That type of stuff.

Yeah, it's all quite apocalyptic. Profits to be frozen, not cut, but frozen. That's going to mean job losses, lights out, businesses sold, all that? I'm not buying it. It's scare tactics. A sale wouldn't even go through in the time the prices were frozen. 

• Upvote 1

Nope, profits not frozen, prices frozen. So if the wholesale price rises the business will be forced to operate at a loss for the period. Genius policy.

Hence my comments about Gazprom, share price falls as shareholders lose confidence, Gazprom stick the price up, more share holders get twitchy and the price falls further. They step in and take over.

Shaking my head in a bit of disbelief here rico. You are an intelligent fella but seem to be falling for the propaganda.

Prices frozen only means that the profit does not grow for a period of time (there is still profit). Yet more people get to stay warm and live to see anothet winter.

What's more important here?

Profit or human life?

Jeremy Hunt on collision course as he says no to NHS pay rises

Health secretary sparks new row with NHS staff by urging pay review body to scrap 1% rise due in April

Ministers have sparked a new confrontation with NHS staff by trying to derail a pay rise they were promised next year and to scrap their pay progression system linked to length of service.

In a surprise move, the health secretary, Jeremy Hunt, urged the two independent pay review bodies that set earnings for the NHS's 1.3 million workforce to cancel the 1% rise due in April 2014, even though the chancellor, George Osborne, has previously said it is affordable.

Hunt further alienated health unions by trying to end the long-established tradition in the NHS whereby many staff receive small increases each year, in addition to any pay rise, by moving up grades within their pay band, as long as their performance has been satisfactory.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/oct/04/jeremy-hunt-nhs-pay-rise-cancelled

Disgusting scum.

• Upvote 1

Scrapping the incremental pay rises is happening across the whole of the publice sector, well the Home Office at least. We should be next where I work, I think in the Home Office they are proposing a wage increase which is a few grand a year more but scrapping progressive pay.

Thanks for the affirmation, means a lot.

You think people are dying for £200 a year? Who's falling for the propaganda?

Ed said on the interview he didn't care if the wholesale price rose and they went into loss. I'm sure it's on YouTube.

Leaving all the other stuff aside mate, yes I think people are dying for £200 a year. That might be fuck all to me and you but to some people it's a lot of money.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Leaving all the other stuff aside mate, yes I think people are dying for £200 a year. That might be fuck all to me and you but to some people it's a lot of money.

Yep. £17 a month heating? I'd say that's a pretty fucking huge difference to some people. That's why the government give between 1 and 3 hundred in payments a year to keep people alive.