You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think he's an all rounder, he can cover the Gerrard slot in games too... as long as he is allowed to make runs from deep. He's grown into Lucas... not a replacement Mascha, or anyone who has to cover the style and attributes of another player because it's clear he has his own game and should be allowed to pursue it. Jay can be the understudy next season (yes, I know what you think about that, but that's another issue :P), although even then Lucas will be the one playing when Jefe is inevitably banned.

Jay may well be away next year anyway I think, either on loan for experience or sold (esp if Leicester come up), If you add Shelvey and I heard a rumour about Cairney, and add in Duran, there should be enough. However If Mascherano goes, it could change things!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know whether this has been mentioned but the Pacheco situation was fucking ridiculous last night. I recall him talking to him about twice in the second half and then him getting ready, and then he took his kit off, then he got told to warm up, then he came back, got ready to come on, and then got told to fucking warm up again.

Some people on here should really be ashamed of their comments post game yesterday!!

Disappointment with either the result, performance, team selection, tactics and substitutions or all of the above, still does not excuse some of the comments on here.....

Thing is though, we've had a season of it. And at no point has Rafa ever held his hands up and said "I made a mistake". Now I'm not one to slag him off, but I can understand why people are frustrated.

As this Europa League football blog points out Atletico are pretty poor and were really outsiders for the tournament.

And as for Fulham, well if they can get to a European final on their resources... Rafa should be ashamed of himself.

I haven't read this thread, but I bet it's 99% bollocks.

We played well, everyone worked their arses off. It's a sickener that we lost, but it wasn't anyone's fault. Rafa had the side playing the way everyone criticized him for not doing in the league. To a man, our players can be proud of themselves. We just didn't quite have enough in the tank (or on the bench) to take the tie.

Agreed. I've read a few posts on the last page and all signs point to bollocks.