You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I totally agree with you coop, giving lower, struggling teams too much respect, basically treating Reading, Portsmouth, wolves etc like they are Barcelona has made up my mind he should go.

There's no excuse for those games, none at all. We've been a tonic for shit teams all season because we approach them in the wrong manner. That's the managers fault.

I can forgive injuries, finances and flukes. Plus every team has an off day or faces a team that just hit a purple patch. But Rafa isn't learning, he's getting worse.

I don't doubt he will get another season, time will tell if that's a good decision. Personally I hope he turns it around but I'm not confident he knows how to.

Completely agree with pretty much every word of this.

Liverpool do not have the fear factor which for teams such as Man United and Chelsea means they have more or less got the 3 points before kick off.

How many times do you hear the statement 'why do teams lay down for Man United yet raise their game and have a go at us'.

The answer to this is quite simple, they think they can beat us as we are unlikely to take the game to them whilst the mancs they know will attack them from the off.

Im fed up of this controlling the game shite which means nothing if at the end of the game like against Fulham we have a 0-0.

Other then Torres and Gerrard i doubt the opposition manager gives a toss about any other player so they know stop Gerrard getting the ball and put a couple of players on Nando and job done unless of course either player produce a moment of magic.

We have one system of playing and that is to pass the ball around in defence before passing it out wide then back into the centre before back to the defence who will launch upfront hoping Torres will latch on to it.

We have little creativity out wide and other then Gerrard noting either in the centre which is why our best performances tend to come against teams who come at us and allow us to frustrate them before catching them on the break.

And this.

Spot on - see following article on how United pass their way to late goals, no flukes but incessant pressure..Manchester City v United: Why Paul Scholes' late goal was no fluke | Daniel Taylor | Sport | The Guardian

I don't necessarily disagree witht he sentiment of the article but isn't Daniel Taylor one of ginsoak's most prominent lackeys?

This is the guy sent out to do a hatchet job on Ronaldo when he was agitating for a move to Madrid and leaked an "exclusive" about him disrespecting Munich 6 months after the incident took place on Fergusons orders.

There are few enough decent journos out there but that guy is one of the worst of a bad lot

A lot of bullshit posted here. This season, the maximum Arsenal will win is the minimum we will win. Yes, they will finish 3rd, we way behind. Apart from that it is idiotic to say that injuries have not affected their season (or ours).

The rest of the stuff is rehashed same old same old. This is just another article with nothing new in it and here we get bored people with same old bored comments. Let the man finish his job this season, let's see what Broughton can do, and let's then look at the situation. Maybe Rafa walks, maybe he gets the boot, but to me nothing has happened now to start again with this stuff, Rafa did not exactly say anything earthmoving.

It's stuff like this that has me dreaming of a managerial change...

RAFA: EXPECTATIONS WERE TOO HIGH

Posted 19/04/10 09:01

Rafa Benitez has suggested that Liverpool were never likely to mount another title challenge this season.

Liverpool look unlikely to even claim fourth spot after a poor season characterised by injuries and missed chances, and Benitez believes that too much was expected of his side after last season's second place.

"At the beginning of the season *expectations were too high," he is quoted in The Daily Mirror as saying.

"That is normal after such a good season.

"But I always say the same - the Premier League is the Premier League and the *difference in money is so big that if you want to stay at this level for a while, you have to do almost everything perfectly.

"That's not easy when you push and push because sometimes you cannot keep the players working so hard or at the level they were in the previous season.

"During pre-season we also had players coming back late and then we had injuries. We've had seven, nine or 11 players out at the same time in different months, players who would normally be starters.

"We can talk about mistakes, but when you have so many players injured, especially key players, it is not easy to sustain a level of *performance every week."

Houllier mark 2, full of excuses for his lack of talent.

If Benitez goes into a season with that mindset he should resign on grounds of being unfit for the job of managing this club.

He didn't go into the season with that mindset:

"The main thing is to be contenders. We have to be in the top four and close, then see what happens. We are strong enough to beat anyone and we need to be consistent. We got 86 points last season - a record for the club in the Premier League - but we still need to improve."

The whole playing side has stunk this season, but to come out and basically say you had no chance from the off is unforgivable. You're not telling me the players did not pick up on this negativity, I fucking despair, I really do.

From negative tactics against so called lesser opposition to petty things like leaving a player up when defending corners it reads of stubborn almost Dictator like arrogance and failure to see what is actually going on. Rafa is a Politician ? He'd make a good one, may rival Berlusconi in Italy.

He didn't go into the season with that mindset:

"The main thing is to be contenders. We have to be in the top four and close, then see what happens. We are strong enough to beat anyone and we need to be consistent. We got 86 points last season - a record for the club in the Premier League - but we still need to improve."

Fair enough, but even that sounds alarmingly defeatist to me. Maybe motivation just isn't a strong point with him. I guess we'll never know what goes on in the dressing room, I just hope for the players sake that he doesn't behave in private like he appears in public.

So Mourinho is going to half his wages, come to a team struggling and he will have no money for transfers.

Yeah, bring it on.

Thats hardly going to be the scenario when he takes the job.

New owners will appoint him and he will probably have a transfer budget

However if the took the job under the terms you mentioned he would still win the title if he keeps Torres and Gerrard fit.

Iv said on other sites.

I want

Marco Van Basten or Frank Riijkaard next.

About time Liverpool had a manager that plays attractive football.

Rijkaard did a very good job at Barcelona, but his Galatasaray side are currently only 3rd in the Turkish league.

Rijkaard did a very good job at Barcelona, but his Galatasaray side are currently only 3rd in the Turkish league.

Fair enough he's not doing the best of jobs at Galatasaray, but he was amazing at Barca, and I can see him doing very well in the premiership.

Let him bring over Turan aswell :yes:

Liverpool do not have the fear factor which for teams such as Man United and Chelsea means they have more or less got the 3 points before kick off.

How many times do you hear the statement 'why do teams lay down for Man United yet raise their game and have a go at us'.

The answer to this is quite simple, they think they can beat us as we are unlikely to take the game to them whilst the mancs they know will attack them from the off.

Im fed up of this controlling the game shite which means nothing if at the end of the game like against Fulham we have a 0-0.

Other then Torres and Gerrard i doubt the opposition manager gives a toss about any other player so they know stop Gerrard getting the ball and put a couple of players on Nando and job done unless of course either player produce a moment of magic.

We have one system of playing and that is to pass the ball around in defence before passing it out wide then back into the centre before back to the defence who will launch upfront hoping Torres will latch on to it.

We have little creativity out wide and other then Gerrard noting either in the centre which is why our best performances tend to come against teams who come at us and allow us to frustrate them before catching them on the break.

That is one of the posts of year and so true.

Just to add we only looked like world beaters last season once he was in a no lose situation and let the team off the leash after the boro defeat, if he had done it at the start of the season his future might be completely different

As they say a Leopard never changes its spots

Just to add we only looked like world beaters last season once he was in a no lose situation and let the team off the leash after the boro defeat,

That's bollocks though. If it was true I think the situation we are in now is far worse so why hasn't he just done the same?

Answer being, he never did in the first place. We started winning games and there was plenty of confidence in the side.

Aye, his best was the other week. "I've made mistakes". Worra beaut he is blaming everyone else!

And to you, those 3 words appear to absolve him of everything.

Thing is, he keeps making the same mistakes and not learning from them, 2 holding midfielders every game, no sub until the clock reaches a certain time, dud signings etc.

Football's a success driven industry. He's failed, time for him to go.