You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I think Walt was genuinely pissed off at Skyler for telling Walt Jr what had been going on and for not going along with him when he wanted the family to run. You may be right though, and he obviously knew the police would be there listening in, and it was an attempt to distance Skyler from his activities.

I can see that Walt would be massively pissed at Jessie and he has in a bumbling way looked out for him, despite watching Jessie's girlfriend die and doing nothing about it and then poisoning Jessie's latest girlfriend's son in a an attempt to manipulate Jessie. Whist Walt has looked out for Jessie, he has always done it for selfish reasons or to manipulate him to do what ever it is Walt wants doing. He has practically driven Jessie out of his mind.

I think it's inevitable that Walt will die, the show has not been afraid to kill off major characters all the way through the series, and I just don't see Walt walking off into the sunset for a happy life elsewhere. Marie is a candidate for killing him, though the neo-Nazis finishing him off would be more credible. I have a feeling it will be Jessie who kills him in the end, and for some that could be the perfect end, but the show likes to throw curveballs at us all the time so it could even be Walt Jr who finally kills him in revenge for killing his Uncle Hank, and that would be one that Walt wouldn't see coming.

I have used the tags but if someone reads a spoiler they're asking for it really by reading the latest comments before the watching the show. I wouldn't read this thread until I was fully up to date. Incidentally, the NSFW tags seem to have disappeared and it's only because I know how to tag NSFW that I have been able to use them on the new forum, if someone doesn't know how to do this, they can't really be blamed.

Haven't a clue how to do these NSFW tags and quote them without showing.

100% Walt was protecting Skyler with that phone call, as you say he knew the old bill were there, it didn't take long for Skyler to clock onto it either, they both played the situation perfectly, if you watch it back again you will see it.

Definately agree with you about Walt consistantly manipulating Jesse for his benefit, to be fair its been for Jessies benefit a lot of the time aswell, Walt has always had a soft spot for him though away from the manipulation, at the end of the day Jessie is just a culpable as Walt in all this, just that Jessie is weak minded/mentally disturbed and Walt is a headstrong badass with who hasn't much of conscience when it comes down it.

Good shout about Walt jr to, really want Walt to survive purely because it could mean more BB down the line somewhere though its mean't to be all but certain he gets done in from what you read around.

Never thought a tv show could ever reach the heights that this show has, i keep telling mates to watch it but they never do, one of these days when they get around to watching it and they will realise why i had been harping on to them about it.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Walt showed how evil, spiteful and power crazed he now is in last night's episode. Apart from trying to spare Hank's life and ensuring Holly was delivered safely back to her mother, he was remorseless. Leaving Jessie to the neo-Nazis knowing he would be tortured and then allowed to die, and then spitefully admitting to Jessie that he watched Jane OD, taking Holly with him to spite Skyler, his phone call to Skyler and the threats he made to her.

The last two episodes now make this show the greatest there has ever been in my opinion, I was already hooked by Walt's journey to this point as he got himself in deeper and deeper and the shows attention to detail has always made it something above the norm, but these last two have had me gripped like nothing before.

It will be a sad day when I have watched the final episode and realise there will be no more, but then I will start looking forward to watching the entire story again from episode one.

I disagree. Everything Walt did, especially during that call, was to save the backstabbing bitch skyler and his family from any comeback from the police or the gang that have Jesse. The scene with the baby in the firetruck was way to emotional though. I felt so bad for Walt.

Even the way baby holly was looking around and  the look on her face when she was in the fire engine was perfection. However I have to say they went wrong when Walt offered the 80 million to save Hank as there is no way whatsoever his character would of done that.

I guess with it being so close to the end then there will be the odd thing that will happen that is out of character to be able to finish the show.

• Upvote 1

Good as this show is I am not quite buying into the hype just yet. Already some of you are saying it is better than the Sopranos, come on ffs.

It's good, I'm really enjoying it but at least wait and see what happens before making big statements. One shit ending could ruin the whole thing. Or make it a classic bit of TV.

Good as this show is I am not quite buying into the hype just yet. Already some of you are saying it is better than the Sopranos, come on ffs.

It's good, I'm really enjoying it but at least wait and see what happens before making big statements. One shit ending could ruin the whole thing. Or make it a classic bit of TV.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two - the sopranos was ground breaking tv, without the sopranos, there could be no breaking bad. for me until something changes tv again, the sopranos stands alone and nothing else can compare to it, because the comparisions can't be like for like. for me though, this is the best there has been since the sopranos changed tv and is head and shoulders above everything else - if it finished after the last episode, I would think that - it's stange to think they must have a better ending than where we were at the end of sunday's episode.

I think I'm just going to save up the next two episodes (15 and 16), then watch 14, 15 and 16 together.

I don't know how you can wait! I get the train down to London most Monday mornings and have to get my fix there and then and I don't want the chance of getting any spoilers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't know how you can wait! I get the train down to London most Monday mornings and have to get my fix there and then and I don't want the chance of getting any spoilers.

I watch most Monday mornings, but I feel like these last two episodes, with the last one (14), will be best viewed together, in the dark, on a big screen, with no cunt in the house.