You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we get fourth

Liverpool lad

I know there is a lot of threads debating the shitstorm we find ourselves in at the minute, but I haven't seen any posts (that I can remember) talking about the possibility that if we do get fourth, Rafa might not be the man to get us past the qualifiers.

If we get somebody of Liege's quality, they could dick us over two legs. People talk of Rafa as a master tactician but the reality is that this season he sets us up so predictably, and he lacks the squad to mix it with quality teams. This is partly because of the owners, but mainly because of his recruitment of substandard players.

So if we do get fourth, would you still give him another season or do you think he would fail at the qualifiers?

I don't think it is a case of just bringing in players, but rather we need to change the mentality of the team.

Just thought I would see what people thought, this is especially relevant after what we witnessed tonight

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this season is a good thing. Perhaps it will wake up a large majority of our 'supporters' who are sleeping on the problems behind the scenes at the club. 'They got us Torres'. Did they? Well they'll also be selling him to repay their loans.

I want the club back, I don't care how we get it. I want it back.

Perhaps this season is a good thing. Perhaps it will wake up a large majority of our 'supporters' who are sleeping on the problems behind the scenes at the club. 'They got us Torres'. Did they? Well they'll also be selling him to repay their loans.

In one

Impossible is nothing.

Liverpool can still make it. I believe luck just hasn't been in our sides, you can clearly see how many clear goals we have missed in the last two games.

We just need to wait and keep supporting our team even more... yes including Rafa. Is not his fault, when ever we win we love him but when we lose we want to lynch him. Lets have patience and trust our team will move on and get back to being the Liverpool we know.

Edited by CTorres17
...... Sped.

Rafa should be given one more season to prove himself, regardless of where we finish in the league.

The fact we have improved on a season-by-season basis up until this one should be enough. Those who want him gone are a bunch of sad fuckers who would be better off spending their time on something other than football.

One more season? When his tactics, selections in the Prem have not evolved since he's been here? He's been making the same mistakes this season as every other season. One more season of this shite? No thanks

Sack him now. We won't get 4th, the players appear to have had enough of him now

How do you know they're going to sell Torres? Give over. He's the main marketable asset, the marquee player as they like to call it. No coincidence that turnover and marketing revenues have increased since he's been here.

Any potential investor isn't going to to come in when we've sold our best player.

The owners and Rafa and the average players we have are the problem. Get rid of the owners, Rafa will still be picking 2 defensive midiflelders, having 11 men in the area defending free-kicks and corners and play defensively against shite teams

FACT

Rafa should be given one more season to prove himself, regardless of where we finish in the league.

The fact we have improved on a season-by-season basis up until this one should be enough. Those who want him gone are a bunch of sad fuckers who would be better off spending their time on something other than football.

*yawn*

we need a change in ownership andmanagement to lift us out of this rut Benitez has put us in

Guest Pistonbroke

So our supporters are full of sad fuckers for having a differing opinion than your own ? Obviously we bow down in the presence of your footballing knowledge oh über one.

On the original post. I think Rafa needs to go now, if it is to be at the end of the season then so be it. I can't see us doing anything special under his leadership next season as his tactics would be the same. If he was capable of changing his tactics then the last few months would have been the ideal opportunity to do so.

I doubt we'll get 4th now but in any case, no. The squad is a mess, the style we play is depressing and the players seem lost, unwilling and outclassed by the likes of Wigan. We should really have won the League last year, I fear that we are now further away than for many years. He has done many good things but his flaws combined with the owners mean he has lost the plot. A change will do him good and us two. We are going to need someone who can get the best out of what we have which won't be the best as we haven't got the clout of quite a few teams now.

I think he will go to Real. They spent massively this year and have dropped out of the CL way to early to a non-glam side. Pelligrini is fucked. The question of why Rafa would want to go there with all the politics involved is a moot point now, given the shitstorm currently swirling round our club.

I think he will go to Real. They spent massively this year and have dropped out of the CL way to early to a non-glam side. Pelligrini is fucked. The question of why Rafa would want to go there with all the politics involved is a moot point now, given the shitstorm currently swirling round our club.

Considering the problems Rafas had with the owners at Valencia and us they'd have to think do they really want him?

Let's not forget how Rafa backed Hicks last season. I remember him bigging him up on more than one occasion.

I remember someone called Rashid saying Beckham scored 25 goals a season and quoting Dortmund fans over the signing of Degen which really turned out to be Mancs on Red Cafe.

Shouldn't believe everything you read.