You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

It's added and refined sugars that are the problem.  Natural sugars in fruit aren't bad for you, unless you're firing it in endlessly in place of other things.

The body does need some natural sugar, cutting out fruit is going too far the other way from drinking carbonated junk and piling in chocolate every day.

* Looks longingly at packet ot Hob Nobs *

When I worked in a supermarket as a teenager there was a woman in every night who called herself a Fruitarian, but I think was just a mentalist looking for a label.

She used to walk around with a trolley full of nothing but fruit and a couple of megapacks of bog roll.  She looked like death warmed up.

Balance.

• Upvote 1

Starting Keto today and went for a run. I'm about three stone from where I want to be but not yet sure on an exercise program. I went running this morning. I'd quite like to get into lifting weights but have never done so and don't know any of the techniques.

My worry about Keto is that it's very samey (bacon and eggs for breakfast; meat and greens for dinner).

Try Kettlebells

I badly broke my tib and fib 18 months ago and i have had complication after complication with it. During this time i have put on 3 stone because i cant excercise. Finally had the metalwork out 3 weeks ago and the subsequent infection in my leg should be gone within a week, so after that i'm going to start jogging and dieting to try to lose the 3 stone. I will let you know how i get on.

The pills? I sold them for a while. They're a ripoff and don't deliver what they claim. Have a quick look on Google or wiki and you'll see a lot of scientific studies have rejected their claims to health benefits.

Just buy fresh vegetables. Much cheaper and more interesting. Stay away from fruit as much as is possible due to the high sugar count.

It's the fruit/veg pills with the meal replacement shakes, I'm on the detox now and start the rest on Monday. I already train and I'm just looking to tone , to be honest though it's mainly to do it with me bird because she won't stick to it otherwise. It's also to try and make our overall diet better because you have 2 shakes a day and a balanced healthy meal while snaking on fruit.

I badly broke my tib and fib 18 months ago and i have had complication after complication with it. During this time i have put on 3 stone because i cant excercise. Finally had the metalwork out 3 weeks ago and the subsequent infection in my leg should be gone within a week, so after that i'm going to start jogging and dieting to try to lose the 3 stone. I will let you know how i get on.

Do. And good luck with it

Starting Keto today and went for a run. I'm about three stone from where I want to be but not yet sure on an exercise program. I went running this morning. I'd quite like to get into lifting weights but have never done so and don't know any of the techniques.

My worry about Keto is that it's very samey (bacon and eggs for breakfast; meat and greens for dinner).

Kettlebells are a good suggestion, for starting on a barbell I'd recommend "stronglifts 5 x 5" (just read all the info, sign up for the newsletter if you want, download the free shit, don't pay for anything unless you really think you need too or want to, as far as I know the only thing the membership gives you is access to the guys forums). Quick overview is you basically start with just the bar on Squats, Military press, Bench, and Bent over rows then increase the weight by 5 lbs everytime you go the gym (The guy himself is belgian so I'm sure he's got a metric version out as well). You do squat every gym day on it though and deadlifting is also incorporated which you can start at a slightly higher weight if you choose too. It'll be really easy at first which is where you can sharpen technique so by the time the weight is getting heavy you're already used to proper form.

As far as mixing up keto dieting, there's loads of websites dedicated to primal and/or paleo eating which are essentially keto diets by default as they're all grain-free though they don't all recommend constantly staying in ketosis but obvioulsy you can work the macros out for yourself. If you're interested in the science and all that check out mark's daily apple (he puts out recipes too but most of it is about the ideas, reasoning, and logic behind going grain-free), if you're only wanting recipes I'd recommend chowstalker which is basically an aggregator for recipes that fit into primal/paleo eating.

• 2 months later...

Have stopped losing it but seem to be able to keep it stable easier than I did before I got into doing a bit of running. Would like to do a phase two and lose the rest. Strangely, unlike a woman, I actually get annoyed when people keep going on about how much weight I've lost. I really don't care what anyone else thinks, it was a health decision pure and simple.

Have stopped losing it but seem to be able to keep it stable easier than I did before I got into doing a bit of running. Would like to do a phase two and lose the rest. Strangely, unlike a woman, I actually get annoyed when people keep going on about how much weight I've lost. I really don't care what anyone else thinks, it was a health decision pure and simple.

Going on about how much you've lost? How much have you lost? Were you significantly overweight? Do you feel/look better for losing weight?

Going on about how much you've lost? How much have you lost? Were you significantly overweight? Do you feel/look better for losing weight?

I genuinely haven't weighed myself. The discussions in the hospital were all about cholesterol levels as I'd gone in with chest pains.

I'd been overweight since I was a kid but genuinely wasn't a big eater, of all my mates I did and do eat the least shite.

I'd filled out a lot but I'd been doing weights for years too so often put it down to that, but I think lack of cardio had led me to keep fat as well as pad it out underneath with muscle.

People who hadn't seen me for a while reckon I've lost between three and five stone.

I feel a bit fitter now but not massively different, the biggest difference is being able to buy decent clothes, I've probably spent about 800 quid in the last few months on decent clobber because previously all I could fit into was Next and Burton's XXL, now I'm an XL in most things and have gone from 40 jeans to 36. I also had to buy a smaller ring and get two links taken out of my watch!

• Upvote 1

I genuinely haven't weighed myself. The discussions in the hospital were all about cholesterol levels as I'd gone in with chest pains.

I'd been overweight since I was a kid but genuinely wasn't a big eater, of all my mates I did and do eat the least shite.

I'd filled out a lot but I'd been doing weights for years too so often put it down to that, but I think lack of cardio had led me to keep fat as well as pad it out underneath with muscle.

People who hadn't seen me for a while reckon I've lost between three and five stone.

I feel a bit fitter now but not massively different, the biggest difference is being able to buy decent clothes, I've probably spent about 800 quid in the last few months on decent clobber because previously all I could fit into was Next and Burton's XXL, now I'm an XL in most things and have gone from 40 jeans to 36. I also had to buy a smaller ring and get two links taken out of my watch!

Oh, no doubt.

7-Reissverschluss.jpg

• Upvote 2