You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A few points from yesterday

Big Noel

First of all, a great effort by the travelling Kop. Brilliant noise levels throughout, a good range of songs, I was pleased to be part of it (and was even more pleased when I saw myself on the Premiership last night!).

Cheyrou has resumed normal service. Playing him on the right didn't help, but he showed little heart for the fight and went missing for long periods. How he wasn't replaced I'll never know. The first one out of the door in the summer? I hope so.

As mentioned already, the bench was nothing short of a joke. It shows how our supposedly massive squad is down to the bare bones. Replacing two defenders with another two defenders was not going to change thinks dramatically.

What has happened to our passing? Woeful use of the ball throughout. Reverted to the long ball game as soon as we went 1-0 down. Owen received precious little service all afternoon. We hardly created any clear chances.

The sad thing is that apart from Cheyrou, the players actually showed alot of desire yesterday. However, they are lacking in ideas and confidence. It's fair to say that they are clueless. They have lost faith in themselves and probably lost faith in the coaching staff. Having so many people playing out of position cannot have helped either.

I am still going to back GH til May. I think he deserves that. However, I'd be amazed if he was still here in January 2005.

I just wish the manager would play the players in the correct posistions.

Biscan a defender give me a break, Cheyrou isn't even a nationwide league standard!

3 defenders on the bench, just shocking to the extreme people don't fear us anymore they laugh at us!!

Wednesday night is a big game, if we lose GH MUST go period.

Henchoz looked more dangerous, to those in the 30th row behind Kellers net. We had one chance, Kewell put it away, Cheyrou dribbled one to the keeper and emil+ ran towards the touchline instead of running at goal, but I guess he was actually running so that would make him dangerous. Bring on the fireworks Wed night, please.

Say the whole match (on telly). I never comment on a match from having just watched hi-lites. Heske+ won some balls in the midfield, had a weak header near the death and had one run. I wouldn't call that dangerous. It was a woeful match, with 30-35 fouls. Yes, we had possesion, but did we ever look dangerous. Set pieces were awful with our supposed height advantage.

Hermes and NP- the 10-minute Premiership highlights doesn't always give a true reflection of how people played. Having been at the match, I am in a better position to comment, don't you think?

The game was shown live on the norwegian, so they may have seen the full game on there. I didn't see it, so can't comment on it really. A mate who went said H*skey was shite though.