You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yossi v Fulham '09

Antynwa

Just watched the goal again on LFC TV. What a day that was, although I never went, in all honesty I don't think I've felt each kick more, and without a shadow of a doubt it rivals some of the most crucial European games we have played.

I remember going to an 18th that night, completely delighted at the win and drinking shots with my mates and dedicating them to Yossi.

Where did it all go fucking wrong? The hope, the promise the ambition and belief...

Depressing to shit

Boss day that one. Was a collective we are gonna win this fuckin thing feeling that at the now age of 25 I ain't felt before in the league.

Mad how 9 months that's well gone, although this January shite was the same last year so hopefully in 3 months another Yossi beauty will give more great elations.

Agreed. The most brilliant moment in the league for years. Really thought we were going to win the thing, especially with a vulnerable Utd playing Villa the next day. Fucking Italian fucker.....ruined everything. I honestly think if he hadn't scored we would have won the league.

Ah the highs and lows.....

Im usually the most pessimistic person going but that day made me really believe we would do it. At the very least it made me feel like we'd finally become a team that was capable.

Thing is, I look at the team that we have. And as long as it doesn't get dismantled in the summer. I think theres still a chance we could get back to that point.

I'm so sick of all this shit all I want to do is hope that things will turn around for us.

Its fucking hard though.

It was an unbelievable moment. It was literally the last kick of the game. I thought it was going to be same old, same old, but we kept on going and kept on going until we got exactly what we deserved. It was the best moment in the league last decade, easily, for me. As others have said, it gave me belief we were going to do it. We deserved to. We should have.

24 hours later the exact same happens at the toilet, and there you go. I don't think that was the turning point, that was when Howard Webb gave a penalty for Carrick's crystal clear dive against Spurs, but if Macheda doesn't score then we probably would have won the league. They say refereeing decisions even themselves out over the course of a season. I'm still waiting for the one that gives us that back.

I'll always remember Yossi with a smile on my face because of that goal, always. It was one of the best moments as a LFC fan, it meant that much to me. Where has that fighting spirit, belief and courage gone now?

My 10 year old got the 08/09 season review for Christmas and we spent a couple of hours between Christmas and New Year watching and wondering whether all of that really happened such a short time ago.

That Fulham game was immense, and certainly one of the moments when I thought that we might actually do it. That weekend was crucial and I agree with the poster above who says that we would have won it if Villa had managed to hold on the next day.

Fucking hell I remember that game ..I live in Bolton at the moment and I went over the local boozer in the town Centre on my own because I never had sky then and ended up coming to blows with a Cockney Fulham fan at the final whistle

I ran round the pub like we had won the league when this wanker jumps up to me and says

"Fuck off back to Liverpool you Cant"

Oh the Irony !!

It was an unbelievable moment. It was literally the last kick of the game. I thought it was going to be same old, same old, but we kept on going and kept on going until we got exactly what we deserved. It was the best moment in the league last decade, easily, for me. As others have said, it gave me belief we were going to do it. We deserved to. We should have.

24 hours later the exact same happens at the toilet, and there you go. I don't think that was the turning point, that was when Howard Webb gave a penalty for Carrick's crystal clear dive against Spurs, but if Macheda doesn't score then we probably would have won the league. They say refereeing decisions even themselves out over the course of a season. I'm still waiting for the one that gives us that back.

I'll always remember Yossi with a smile on my face because of that goal, always. It was one of the best moments as a LFC fan, it meant that much to me. Where has that fighting spirit, belief and courage gone now?

Weren't Villa 2-0 up and there a lot of stoppage time? Howard Webb. Not worth it.

Newcastle away aside, in which we were unlucky not to get into double figures, it was our most dominant performance of the season. At least 5 good chances, got about them really well and Yossi's goal had me celebrating for easily 10 minutes. I thought that was it,too.

Weren't Villa 2-0 up and there a lot of stoppage time? Howard Webb. Not worth it.

Newcastle away aside, in which we were unlucky not to get into double figures, it was our most dominant performance of the season. At least 5 good chances, got about them really well and Yossi's goal had me celebrating for easily 10 minutes. I thought that was it,too.

Nah they were 2-1 up. That game was nowt to do with the referee.

I dont think the Villa game was the turning point, I defiantly agree with the OP that Spurs game changed it. We would have won it if Webb hadnt of Cheated/been bribed whatever you want to call it. However the mancs probobly would have bottled it if Villa had of held on. Also the week after they got a jammy win at Sunderland when it hit of that greasy twat Macheda's leg and went in. We were so close.

That was a brilliant moment. I wasn't drunk at the time, nor did I get drunk after it. I can remember going to a Chinese restaurant after though and having a really good night thinking that it might possibly be the year I get to see us win the league. Until the next day.

Oh well. Maybe next year!

Failing to beat Stoke / Hull was the defining moment to be honest.

Honestly, that is when l felt it was over and no matter how well we played from there on in, it was dancing on quicksand for me.

And I blame no-one other than the players. That was the day to stand up and be counted, considering our manager split that trout ferguson down the middle that weekend.

£100,000 a week my arse - Fuck off!!!!!!!!!

I was certain we we're never going to score that day after the first half. How many times did we smack the woodwork?? When Yossi did his thing I went proper ape shit whilst momentarily forgetting that i was sat in the hammersmith end with the locas. Thankfully all i got was a few verbals from some ray winstone wannabe. Yet another little LFC diamond in the vault.

I was certain we we're never going to score that day after the first half. How many times did we smack the woodwork?? When Yossi did his thing I went proper ape shit whilst momentarily forgetting that i was sat in the hammersmith end with the locas. Thankfully all i got was a few verbals from some ray winstone wannabe. Yet another little LFC diamond in the vault.

Even Dossena hit te bar twice!