You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hermes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“He is an amazing player, his work rate is fantastic and we can see that because we are watching all their statistics. He is always one of the players who runs the most during a match".

Try watching the games instead of the statistics Rafa.

The way things are going this season, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a couple of kenyan marathon runners this January.

We were interested in Zola Budd but couldn't afford her wages.

When I saw the interview I wondered how long it would take for it to be posted up here.. It's got to a point now that if he doesn't say something in a press conference he's jumped on, if he says something in an interview he's jumped on..

See what happens if you only post little bits of information to fit the agenda...

Rafael Benitez is confident Dirk Kuyt will return to his influential best after admitting the striker could need a break from first-team duty.

The Reds boss has been keen to give the Dutchman a breather in recent weeks.

"We have had some players who have had to play too many games this season and that is a consequence of the injuries,"

"But I'm sure that if we have some more players we will be able to manage in a different way and give the ones who need it some rest, so they will be fresh for the next match. Dirk has played too many games, we know this.

"He could have had a little break against Fiorentina but Ngog was ill and we needed to play him.

When I saw the interview I wondered how long it would take for it to be posted up here.. It's got to a point now that if he doesn't say something in a press conference he's jumped on, if he says something in an interview he's jumped on..

See what happens if you only post little bits of information to fit the agenda...

Rafael Benitez is confident Dirk Kuyt will return to his influential best after admitting the striker could need a break from first-team duty.

The Reds boss has been keen to give the Dutchman a breather in recent weeks.

"We have had some players who have had to play too many games this season and that is a consequence of the injuries," said Benitez.

"But I'm sure that if we have some more players we will be able to manage in a different way and give the ones who need it some rest, so they will be fresh for the next match. Dirk has played too many games, we know this.

"He could have had a little break against Fiorentina but (David) Ngog was ill and we needed to play him.

That just says that, because he runs around a lot, he'll only drop him for a game that didn't mean anything even though he's been awful all season. He's been doing my head in as much as anyone this season but i suppose it's not his fault he always gets picked.

The new tools in modern managers bags are fine and useful. Like computer analyzis. We all know Rafa use this quite a lot.

During our recent crisis on the pitch it seems like he comments more than usual on the statistics fond in the programs he uses. A couple of weeks ago he mentioned that he knew exactly how many yards every player had run so far this season. This time it's Kuyt.

We all know that Kuyt is Rafas favourite because of his work ethic, and that he does exactly what he's told with no question asked.

For supporters who have seen a player in shitty form all season, they don't want to hear that he runs a lot. I mean, who cares. Oyvind Leonhardsen ran more than any player in his prime. That didn't make him Maradona did it?

Programs like these can be valuable tools for getting an overview on the physics of your players, and their restitution. But don't use it as an argument for playing them in a team that everyone hoped would challenge this season.

It's just daft.

If he wanted to rest Kuyt, he could. He could play Babel instead of him on the right. As shit as Babel has been, he couldn't do any worse than Kuyt has been in the last 2 months. Plus, Babel generally looks alright when he is played on the right instead of the left.

Also, if he is comfortable with playing Dossena on the left of our attacking quartet, then he could do that, play Gerrard in the middle, and Benayoun on the right.

He has options there if he wants to rest Kuyt.

And boy does he need rested.

If he wanted to rest Kuyt, he could. He could play Babel instead of him on the right. As shit as Babel has been, he couldn't do any worse than Kuyt has been in the last 2 months. Plus, Babel generally looks alright when he is played on the right instead of the left.

Also, if he is comfortable with playing Dossena on the left of our attacking quartet, then he could do that, play Gerrard in the middle, and Benayoun on the right.

He has options there if he wants to rest Kuyt.

And boy does he need rested.

Agreed. But Babel made his bed when he went crying to the press about getting games or he'll be off.

Rafa wont be held to ransom by any player and as a result Babel has hardly featured since. And i would expect to see much more of him now.

Agreed. But Babel made his bed when he went crying to the press about getting games or he'll be off.

Rafa wont be held to ransom by any player and as a result Babel has hardly featured since. And i would expect to see much more of him now.

Yep I agree with that. But in general, he has the options there if he wants to use them.

That just says that, because he runs around a lot, he'll only drop him for a game that didn't mean anything even though he's been awful all season. He's been doing my head in as much as anyone this season but i suppose it's not his fault he always gets picked.

Depends on how you read it. I read it as that the Fiorentina game would have been ONE of the games that he would have rested him for, however he couldn't because of the Ngog illness.

I do agree with you about Kuyts form, but he's in a no win situation now.. If I had started the thread and just copied and pasted a couple of lines saying.. "Rafa says Kuyt needs a rest..."

The same predictable people would have been along posting the same predictable shite like...

"I could have told you that at the start of the season..."

"It's you're own fault for not getting a replacement..."

" how much did Rafa pay for him..."

Blah Blah Blah.... Same shite, different day, different Rafa Bashing thread....

The 5th Benitel - I hope this post doesn't read as a pop at you, because that's not the intention... just general frustration..

So, he's basically saying he'd like to do what most people are demanding he does (rest Kuyt) but its difficult because of all the injuries we've been getting.

Now you've confused me - it sounds like you're suggesting that our manager had noticed that Dirk was underperforming!

Have some seasonal reppage.

Depends on how you read it. I read it as that the Fiorentina game would have been ONE of the games that he would have rested him for, however he couldn't because of the Ngog illness.

I do agree with you about Kuyts form, but he's in a no win situation now.. If I had started the thread and just copied and pasted a couple of lines saying.. "Rafa says Kuyt needs a rest..."

The same predictable people would have been along posting the same predictable shite like...

"I could have told you that at the start of the season..."

"It's you're own fault for not getting a replacement..."

" how much did Rafa pay for him..."

Blah Blah Blah.... Same shite, different day, different Rafa Bashing thread....

The 5th Benitel - I hope this post doesn't read as a pop at you, because that's not the intention... just general frustration..

Fair dos i just think it's frustrating for everyone to see a out of form player (who is quite limited anyway) still being nailed on to start when we're struggling for results. It's indicative of our problems with work rate being favoured over flair and talent and statistics over-ruling what actually happens on the pitch.

Rafa in/out aside, i'm sick of paying to watch players consistantly play a very low standard of football. There have been a number of games where Kuyt has struggled to control the ball even once and, regardless of how far he'd ran in those games, it's getting to the point where seeing us play is becomig more of a duty than a pleasure and the Kuyt situation sums that up as well as any.