You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a new striker to partner Torres and Dirk can provide decent enough backup for three or four positions. I wouldn't get rid of him, but I wouldn't play him in the first team either if we could get an upgrade. I realise that's controversial with the people who judge him purely on his goalscoring, but I think playing two up top would compensate for that, and we'd have a better footballer on the right in Maxi or Yossi. If we can't afford a striker in the summer, stick Dirk up front with Torres anyway. I guarantee he'll score more than he does from the wing.

Ive said loads of positive things about SOS for example................i don't see to many positive on the field to comment on tbf.

I don't whinge for a reaction,i whinge for a reason,the reason been the state of the club and some of our players.(and manager).

Whinging for a reaction or whinging for a reason - it's still whinging.

I'll phone the missus if I want whinging.

He is shit. Don't have any control of the ball. he runs like a turtle. his finishing is poor like we've seen yesterday. those fantastic passes between Aquilani and Gerrard etc.. then he missed that chance. if it was Torres it would have been a 100% goal. If i want a player that just run and works hard. ill buy a donkey or a horse much cheaper and runs and works harder then dirk kuyt

He is shit. Don't have any control of the ball. he runs like a turtle. his finishing is poor like we've seen yesterday. those fantastic passes between Aquilani and Gerrard etc.. then he missed that chance. if it was Torres it would have been a 100% goal. If i want a player that just run and works hard. ill buy a donkey or a horse much cheaper and runs and works harder then dirk kuyt

That post highlights how "knowledgeable" some of our fan base are.

Did I just say "knowledgeable" out loud? Silly me.

Anyone who doesn't think Kuyt is an awful footballer needs to go to specsavers post-haste, I actually hate him more than Leonhardsen - the only other player I've ever despised purely for being shite. Everytime the ball breaks to him it hits him on the back of his head and goes out for a throw. You spend the whole 90 minutes shaking your head at him or laughing. He doesn't play with any conviction at all and looks like he actually expects himself to fuck things up, I resent that, you shouldn't be on the pitch playing for Liverpool Football Club if you're so lacking in balls.

The thing about him being a hard worker is an absolute falacy too, he runs a lot but does nothing constructive with his energy, he runs at goalies to pressurise them into kicking the ball, and by the time he gets anywhere near they ball is down the other end of the pitch. It takes more than dumb-ass running to impress me.

Neg away, but I will not compromise on my principles.

Guest Pistonbroke

We should sell Kuyt whilst people still think he's good for running around a lot and being a nuisance. You can buy his type for about 3 million and they could achieve what he does. He's not shite, but he's not good enough to be one of the first names on the team sheet which seems is the case. With what we paid for him and his wages since i can't say i'm over the moon with it.

We should sell Kuyt whilst people still think he's good for running around a lot and being a nuisance.

Might not be a bad idea if we could get decent money. Fans of other teams seem to think he's much better than most Liverpool fans do. I was trying to explain this to a Manc this morning, that he probably only sees Dirk twice a season. He was saying he scores goals, and I had to point out that for every goal he scores he breaks down 73.4 attacks. I don't think we'll get a lot more than we paid for him though, and for that sort of money I'm not sure a replacement is going to be any better.

Guest PurpleNose
Anyone who doesn't think Kuyt is an awful footballer needs to go to specsavers post-haste, I actually hate him more than Leonhardsen - the only other player I've ever despised purely for being shite. Everytime the ball breaks to him it hits him on the back of his head and goes out for a throw. You spend the whole 90 minutes shaking your head at him or laughing. He doesn't play with any conviction at all and looks like he actually expects himself to fuck things up, I resent that, you shouldn't be on the pitch playing for Liverpool Football Club if you're so lacking in balls.

The thing about him being a hard worker is an absolute falacy too, he runs a lot but does nothing constructive with his energy, he runs at goalies to pressurise them into kicking the ball, and by the time he gets anywhere near they ball is down the other end of the pitch. It takes more than dumb-ass running to impress me.

He plays for Holland. So he's not an awful footballer.

He's not a number 9, he's not a right winger/midfielder.

Like 83% of our squad he's a second striker/number10. If he isn't played there, the fault is mostly with the manager.

Guest Pistonbroke
Might not be a bad idea if we could get decent money. Fans of other teams seem to think he's much better than most Liverpool fans do. I was trying to explain this to a Manc this morning, that he probably only sees Dirk twice a season. He was saying he scores goals, and I had to point out that for every goal he scores he breaks down 73.4 attacks. I don't think we'll get a lot more than we paid for him though, and for that sort of money I'm not sure a replacement is going to be any better.

Most of my mates say the same, but they also say they wouldn't want him at their club. Sort of confusing to say the least. Reckon we could get 12 million for Kuyt, if he scores a few goals at the World cup maybe 15 or more. Plenty of players out there what we could buy for that and upgrade our options so to speak.

You know you're right, and so do I. I think the eager acceptance of a player like Dirk by a lot of fans is actually quite depressing for me. Someone else said you pick up a player who does what he does for about £3 million is bang on. No point in going to specsavers while the scales have not been removed from the eyes.

You know you're right, and so do I. I think the eager acceptance of a player like Dirk by a lot of fans is actually quite depressing for me. Someone else said you pick up a player who does what he does for about £3 million is bang on. No point in going to specsavers while the scales have not been removed from the eyes.

I think a lot of the pro-Kuyt stuff is similar to the pro-Rafa stuff, in the sense that it's almost a cross to bear for some people because they just assume anyone who criticises him is 'sticking the boot in'. Fans have always, and will always, have players they don't rate and should be free to do so. Nobody gave me shit for laughing at Phil Babb when he split his bollocks open on the post, yet I expect to be called out for a fight whenever I remark that Kuyt has all the guile of a five tonne boulder. It's a symptom of the divisive nature of being a liverpool fan these days, you're either anti or you're pro, and never the twain shall meet.

Edited by Section_31

Guest Pistonbroke
I think a lot of the pro-Kuyt stuff is similar to the pro-Rafa stuff, in the sense that it's almost a cross to bear for some people because they just assume anyone who criticises him is 'sticking the boot in'. Fans have always, and will always, have players they don't rate and should be free to do so. Nobody gave me shit for laughing at Phil Babb when he split his bollocks open on the post, yet I expect to be called out for a fight whenever I remark that Kuyt has all the guile of a five tonne boulder. It's a symptom of the divisive nature of being a liverpool fan, you're either anti or you're pro, and never the twain shall meet.

Spot on that. It seems a lot of people are frightened of changing their opinions after nailing their colours on the wall. I was pretty pleased with Kuyt when we bought him but he's gone down in my estimation since and i will say things as i see them. pretty much sums my feeling up on Benitez, i've disliked his approach pretty much the whole time, despite Istanbul and Cardiff.

He is NOT a shit player. He is a hardworking but technically limited attacking player with a fantastic attitude. In some games his attributes are a godsend, whereas in others we are really crying out for something more/different. He probably brings more to both the Liverpool and Holland squads than is seen by the majority of fans. This is the reality, but because of the need for fans to see things in black and white, he is the ultimate Marmite player. I don't question anyone's right to have an opinion, but back it up with valid opinions rather than tripe.

Scored 16 goals last season, not sure that many 3 million pound players can contribute that much.

And I actually think a lot of the critics of Kuyt are of the same ilk as those who criticise Rafa! They offer up an opinion as fact then take umbridge if anyone disagrees, and suddenly you get 'You don't watch football' or 'You need to take your head of the sand'.

It's bollocks, a technically limited footballer who gives everything, but can contribute.

Guest Pistonbroke
I hate our fans.

Stand on the Kop and tell them then. Fuck me, other people have opinions different to your own. You sound like a big girls blouse.

Not the differences of opinion per se but the way they are expressed.

I agree. This site has descended slowly over this season into people who just want to shout the odds and be insulting. They have no interest in actual discussion about football, they just want to yell about how much they hate Rafa, Lucas, Kuyt, etc etc. It's pathetic. When you're in a pub and some bloke stands up and starts shouting the odds, generally even if the person is right, everyone thinks they're a dick.

Guest Pistonbroke
I agree. This site has descended slowly over this season into people who just want to shout the odds and be insulting. They have no interest in actual discussion about football, they just want to yell about how much they hate Rafa, Lucas, Kuyt, etc etc. It's pathetic. When you're in a pub and some bloke stands up and starts shouting the odds, generally even if the person is right, everyone thinks they're a dick.

I've seen plenty of discussion on why most don't rate Kuyt.