You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How many teams with 2 DM's have ever won the english leaue?

old skool tom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of teams with inside-rights won the league, maybe that's where we're going wrong?

United and Chelsea have both used the same formation a lot during successful years, your point, or your pale sham of a point to have a pop, is rubbish.

my point is spot on tar very much.none of the above have ever had 2 players constantly doing the same job.i could say we use 3 DMs because kuyt is nothing more than a worker

i honestly cant think of one team.can any of you folks?

I don't feel it is the system that counts, as much as how well the team bonds into a unit. One could say how many teams have won the league with 5 forwards. Plenty is the answer.

At present we are leaking goals from set pieces and not putting away the oppertunities which arise.

The lads need to get the understanding back, become a lot more direct in front of goal and defend from the forward line backwards.

Chelsea in 05/06 won the league with a central pairing of Makalele and Essien, with Lampard behind the main striker (Drogba or Crespo), and the likes of Robben, Duff, Joe Cole or Wright-Phillips as wide attackers. Remember when 4-2-3-1 was all the rage? Full-backs creating the width?

they do in a few games against good opposition but not week in week out,home and away

Yeah, sometimes they swap them with Paul "I don't leave the centre circle anymore" Scholes and LL "I've not scored a goal yet" Cool J.

Stop being a dick. The formation is sound, better players will make it work better. It's pretty simple.

i honestly cant think of one team.can any of you folks?

The correct, objective answer is none.

However, the question should really be adjusted so that it correctly reflects the reality: "2 DMs with little or no attacking quality, impetus or desire to attack".

So while it could be correctly argued that Arsenal conquered all with Petit and Viera as "holding" midfielders, both were eminently capable of driving forward and adding attacking options.

Masher is a great holding player, but his passing and attacking quality when compared to the likes of Keane, Viera, Petit, Hamann or even Barry is poor.

When you factor in a useless cunt like Lucas playing next to him, who does nothing well at all, the problems are obvious.

So it's really about the quality and limitations (or otherwise) of the two holding players.

Masher and Alonso (or Barry) = title challenge

Masher and Lucas = one point ahead of Stoke.

So yuor point is about quality of player, rather than formation?

yeah,sorry fellas i didnt explain it properly.my bad!!!!!!

what i'm trying to say is-

neither lucas or masher do fuck all but sit deep and there ability on the ball is shocking as is there creativity/goal threat unlike the players/teams youve mentioned.i dont have a problem with this system away from home against the better sides and in europe on occasions but week in week out? nar not for me!

in the last 3/4 months of last season (when we played our best football under rafa by a fucking mile) we had more of a 442 diamond shape?

i also dont believe we dont have quality at left back or in the three 'attacking' players ahead of them.

aurelio is good but injury prone and he doesnt exactly get to the line much and kuyt,babbel & riera arent exactly creative/productive either.

people seem to thin AA will solve all our problems but i dont think we have the squad to play this way and rafa doesnt execute properly either.the whole system seems to rely on one man being fit which is fucking scandalous in my mind

i just wish he'd play the system that was superb for the last 3 months of last year,not only because it produced our best football/results.but its also much easier cope with when/if our one and only play maker is injured

The correct, objective answer is none.

However, the question should really be adjusted so that it correctly reflects the reality: "2 DMs with little or no attacking quality, impetus or desire to attack".

So while it could be correctly argued that Arsenal conquered all with Petit and Viera as "holding" midfielders, both were eminently capable of driving forward and adding attacking options.

Masher is a great holding player, but his passing and attacking quality when compared to the likes of Keane, Viera, Petit, Hamann or even Barry is poor.

When you factor in a useless cunt like Lucas playing next to him, who does nothing well at all, the problems are obvious.

So it's really about the quality and limitations (or otherwise) of the two holding players.

Masher and Alonso (or Barry) = title challenge

Masher and Lucas = one point ahead of Stoke.

this is what i ment to say................can i by your brain silver?