You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rumour: Babel to Ajax

john23liverpool

Well you are criticising the managers decision to sign the contract, implying that he is complicit in approving of the owners, is that fair enough?

So Kenny would surely come under the same scrutinty?

You second point is almost right.

Kenny being back at the club is strange indeed.i'd of told rafa and them 2 muppets 'thanks,but no thanks' but kenny is a well known Tory and we all know wahat language they speak dont we.

judging him as a player & manager he was a legend and always will be! but i always judge a man by his politics.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you can understand why people (including me) are saying it, can't you?

Rafa has never been silent in his career. Whether it was at Valencia or here. He has moaned enough times about lack of money, broken promises, his contract, contracts for his staff and players etc.

If he never moaned here, people wouldn't be questioning him now, would they?

I know we sound like hypocrites but surely, you can see the point we are making? If he is unhappy about the present situation, there must surely be a reason behind his silence?

Tell me one thing, what good is Rafa moaning going to do?

He will be sacked and he doesn't want to be sacked, maybe he is under the impression investment is coming, I don't know, as I say, why did Kenny come back? Maybe he feels that the team is in place, but the squad could do with a little bit of fattening and since he is secure (?) that will happen, but not worth getting het up about now.

You are right about one thing, the fans do sounds like hypocrites! Especially if they are going to start criticising him for not moaning AFTER criticizing him for moaning.

? If he is unhappy about the present situation, there must surely be a reason behind his silence?

One reason could possibly be that he really believes in his longer term project, and sees the team as good enough to win the PL, especially with the control over the Academy. In this situation it does not help to mouth off.

Rafa is, as far as I can tell, practical beyond belief. His tantrums are calculated, as are his silences. Furthermore, he knows a bit more about the real situation in the club than the posters here. That may have something to do with his actions.

One reason could possibly be that he really believes in his longer term project, and sees the team as good enough to win the PL, especially with the control over the Academy. In this situation it does not help to mouth off.

Rafa is, as far as I can tell, practical beyond belief. His tantrums are calculated, as are his silences. Furthermore, he knows a bit more about the real situation in the club than the posters here. That may have something to do with his actions.

Alternatively listen to what he says! Far more succinct.

Tell me one thing, what good is Rafa moaning going to do?

He will be sacked and he doesn't want to be sacked, maybe he is under the impression investment is coming, I don't know, as I say, why did Kenny come back?

You are right about one thing, the fans do sounds like hypocrites! Especially if they are going to start criticising him for not moaning AFTER criticizing him for moaning.

I don't think you understood my point at all.

We are saying "well, he found reasons to moan then, now the situation has got even worse so why is he not saying anything?"

We didn't ask him to moan then. But he did. So some people think why hasn't he moaned now? Seems a very valid question to me.

As you say, he might well get sacked if he moans. So, is the new contract and new conditions keeping him silent? If yes, perhaps he has also become a puppet for the owners?

As I said, we do sound like hycroites (which you agreed without wasting any time) but the questions people are asking about this are valid ones. To me, anyway.

I hope you are right. May be I'm looking for something that is not there.

I just think a man like Rafa, who has complained all his life, cannot be silent unless there is something seriously stopping him.

Someone mentioned the other day that he will incur a £2m fine if he speaks out against the owners.

Time will tell I suppose.

I don't think you understood my point at all.

We are saying "well, he found reasons to moan then, now the situation has got even worse so why is he not saying anything?"

We didn't ask him to moan then. But he did. So some people think why hasn't he moaned now? Seems a very valid question to me.

As you say, he might well get sacked if he moans. So, is the new contract and new conditions keeping him silent? If yes, perhaps he has also become a puppet for the owners?

As I said, we do sound like hycroites (which you agreed without wasting any time) but the questions people are asking about this are valid ones. To me, anyway.

So he is a puppet for the owners if he doesnt come out giving them a toungue lashing thus losing a job he probably feels he has put 5 years hard work into?

They are valid questions but your never going to get an answer unless you are involved high up in the club. Id love him to come out blazing but if he cant, which is probably the reason why judging his previous form, then he cant.

No I don't think they are!

they want Rafa to shut up, he has, now they are asking why? But they are not necessarily asking why, they (not you obviously, in general) are implying (I know I asked you to stop insinuating yesterday) that he must be happy with the situation. Which is incredibly mischevious, you must see that!

I know for a fact that his wife and kids absolutely love it here (that isn't a reason to keep him by the way), he wanted control and he has got control, the club has no money so he won't get any more, that is not under his control and it serves no purpose causing trouble at the moment so he hasn't!

No I don't think they are!

they want Rafa to shut up, he has, now they are asking why? But they are not necessarily asking why, they (not you obviously, in general) are implying (I know I asked you to stop insinuating yesterday) that he must be happy with the situation. Which is incredibly mischevious, you must see that!

I know for a fact that his wife and kids absolutely love it here (that isn't a reason to keep him by the way), he wanted control and he has got control, the club has no money so he won't get any more, that is not under his control and it serves no purpose causing trouble at the moment so he hasn't!

I can see what you are saying, mate. Likewise, I can see why people want Rafa to speak up.

I will be honest - I have had this question on why Rafa is silent from this summer. As I said, I'm sure time will answer that question.

And, you can ask me to stop insinuating anytime. Twat. ;)

rafa's "moaning" in the past was about a lack of control. at valencia it was lack of control on teh players he was given or wanted.

here it was actually making transfers happen.

he's spoken plainly about money, but i've read in the past that he said if he knew how much money he had and he was allowed to spend it he'd be fine.

it could be as simple as he knows the score now, he knows that he has the control over what he has and there is really nothing for him to moan about.

of course he wants more money, but he signed the contract knowing what the budget was and he's working accordingly.

i can see those 2 putting some stupid insubordination clause in teh contract but honestly other than having a shit load of money to spend, what is he gonna complain about?

he controls transfers, the academy, the first team, the scouting network etc. the only thing he hasn't gotten control of, yet, is the construction crew on the stadium. i'm sure he'll want that too.

I agree with Whelen - I think Rafa is quiet because he knows that his words won't have any affect ie if there is no money and he is aware of that then what's the point in moaning about having no money.

It'll only cause more disharmony and it's not as if these owners are going to bow down to the mob for anything otherwise they'll have been long gone already.

Heard from somebody I know who is well in with a couple of (low ranking) people at the club that Babel will be off to AJax in January.

Aparrently its common knowledge that the deal is done for £6m and the money will be used for Pepe Reinas new contract and will not be given to Rafa.

Bascombe stated this in his NOTW article on Saturday evening:

LIVERPOOL WANT £6MILLION FOR BABEL

Dutch deal will finance new contract for Reina

By Chris Bascombe, 31/10/2009

RYAN BABEL will jet back home to Ajax in January if Liverpool get £6million for the striker.

Boss Rafa Benitez has stood by the Dutch flop, 22, and offered him a fresh chance this season.

But his patience has run out and Benitez will listen to offers.

Babel started the campaign in the first team but failed to respond to the manager's votes of confidence. The winger is worried about his World Cup place and hoped for a loan move last summer, which Benitez blocked.

He needs funds before sealing a new £90,000-a-week deal for keeper Pepe Reina.

Securing Reina, 27, has become a top priority amid interest from his ex-club Barcelona.

He is viewed by many as the best keeper in the world and is happy at Anfield.

Even though he's been in a dark mood at times this season during a fluctuating campaign, he's committed to Anfield.

Reina was prepared to sign a new deal last summer alongside a string of other top stars, but it was put on hold until the Merseysiders could raise more cash.

Rafa has never been silent in his career. Whether it was at Valencia or here. He has moaned enough times about lack of money, broken promises, his contract, contracts for his staff and players etc.

I know we sound like hypocrites but surely, you can see the point we are making? If he is unhappy about the present situation, there must surely be a reason behind his silence?

He has traded moaning for control. the new contract forbids him to say anything controversial I bet and that little snake is at every press conference to keep a watchful eye and enforce it.

However, I doubt he will want to preside over the fire sale of the 1st team to pay the physio's wages so he will go sooner or later

The sack?

Take that strike away though, and he'd be getting ripped for a fucking woeful performance. That free kick is one of the worst things I've ever seen!

Agreed. Was it just me or was he almost in tears after scoring? The lad just does not have the head for professional football. He should cash in his chips and go and make some music with his mates. Life's too short to make yourself unhappy (which is what he seems to be, in my opinion) when you're rich enough not to have to work again.

Beautiful goal, though.

Thats Benitez for ya.

A bit like Johnny Cash's dad i reckon.

I reckon the dressing rooms gone after that, i really do. A bunch of second stringers playing for their careers, and then they get torpedoed by that little penguin twat taking off the only player Lyon were worried about.

Good on ya Babel.

I hope he stays and Rafa gets sacked in the morning.

He deserves nothing else.