You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've not had one of those for a while, but I always thought they were ok, especially considering it seems it's all cooked in such a small kitchen. The sausage was always decent. The bacon used to be double slices at one time, which were great. I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade in price between premium and first though. 

The sausage is the best bit I think - always a proper meaty bastard.  The bread they use for the toast is nice as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Sometimes the need to feed a hangover trumps aesthetics. 

I devoured this quick smart, and yes they are Richmond sausages. 

I award myself 8/10. 

IMG_5924.jpeg

Best picture of a breakfast you’ve posted yet, mate.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 14/01/2024 at 11:27, Dave D said:

In the midst of dishing up I actually pondered how to cut the toast, I felt the triangles added a bit flair on the wings 

On 20/01/2024 at 11:07, cloggypop said:

Mr Rush over here

%7B60388133-CC9F-47FE-82D1-11FA28042DFA%

On 20/01/2024 at 14:59, Bjornebye said:

giphy.gif

What’s the thought on corner to corner sarnies? Just made a couple of chicken salad butties there and cornered the slicing to continue the good fight

CC1828C9-B637-44D0-BC57-CD3F6C69A8B9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Curly said:

What’s the thought on corner to corner sarnies? Just made a couple of chicken salad butties there and cornered the slicing to continue the good fight

You’ve basically made, what had the makings of a decent lunch, inedible. 

I showed this photo to my dog. He’s absolutely seething. 

He’d probably still eat them but he wouldn’t be happy about it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Curly said:

It’s a cry for help 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Curly said:

It elevates it from a simple sandwich to immersive art.

Bravo sir

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m off to the sandwich thread to post it - although I’m pretty sure it’s the same clientele in each, but I’m on a mission from God. The triangle cut belongs to all. The Everyman.

46 minutes ago, Curly said:

I’m off to the sandwich thread to post it - although I’m pretty sure it’s the same clientele in each, but I’m on a mission from God. The triangle cut belongs to all. The Everyman.

No surprise to see some of more militant pro beaners are also anti triangulation. No surprise at all. 

On 20/01/2024 at 13:35, stringvest said:

image.jpeg

The Avanti West Coast breakfast - typically it was late, so I'd already eaten the toast.

3rd portion, must have been good so. No need to pretend it was someone else eating it though, placing the other plates on different aides of the table. Just admit eating all and enjoy it!

20 hours ago, Curly said:

You are one sick individual....

• Haha 1

On 21/01/2024 at 10:25, YorkshireRed said:

Sometimes the need to feed a hangover trumps aesthetics. 

I devoured this quick smart, and yes they are Richmond sausages. 

I award myself 8/10. 

IMG_5924.jpeg

IMG_5676.jpeg

• Haha 1

The Premier Inn, Manchester Printworks. 

There’s nothing like a good breakfast before what might be a challenging working day on the other side of the hills. 

Unfortunately this is nothing like a good breakfast. 

5/10.

As an aside, there’s loads of room in the breakfast area (maybe because of the food), perhaps thirty free tables. Some cunts have just come in and sat at the table right next to mine. 

When I came in I scanned for the table furthest away from other humans like any normal person would/should. 

They’ve put me right off my overcooked egg, cold mushrooms, acceptable sausages, tasteless hash browns, and ‘left too long’ beans. 

I’m going to steal an apple. That’ll show ‘em. 

IMG_5941.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

There’s nothing like a good breakfast before what might be a challenging working day on the other side of the hills. 

5/10.

As an aside, there’s loads of room in the breakfast area (maybe because of the food), perhaps thirty free tables. Some cunts have just come in and sat at the table right next to mine. 

When I came in I scanned for the table furthest away from other humans like any normal person would/should. 

They’ve put me right off my overcooked egg, cold mushrooms, acceptable sausages, tasteless hash browns, and ‘left too long’ beans. 

IMG_5941.jpeg

I take it the bacon ran away screaming?

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

5/10.

IMG_5941.jpeg

What did it look like before you ate it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

5/10.

IMG_5941.jpeg

The most appetising thing on that plate is the shadow of your phone.

• Haha 1