You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 03/02/2024 at 13:24, tokyojoe said:

If you want a good job doing, do it yourself. Smoked bacon, Braughing sausages, fried bread, egg and black pud. Missing mushrooms as none in hand, but most importantly NO FUCKING BEANS.

Beats some of you lot going and paying a fortune at someplace and having the offering ruined by the obscenity of beans.

Made all the better as it was devoured whilst watching the original 1966 Batman film. Apologies for picture being on it's side, not sure what happened there.20240203_104856[1].jpg

what did you cook that egg in Dave?  A shoe?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bob said:

And now this morning just had a decent full English with a few disappointing notes.

no mushrooms was annoying - but my missus shared some from her veggie option - and the egg was hard. Otherwise very nice and the meaty parts were superb.

IMG_6848.jpeg

What's with the sheep's guts on the right? Fuck sake. 

The toast and sausages look good.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at Otterburn Mill on our drive back home from a weekend in a fancy shepherds hut in a field in the middle of nowhere in Northumberland my missus bought me for xmas.

Absolutely tremendous fayre. Really, very good indeed.

Hard to find fault other than the insistence that perfectly cooked mushrooms belong on a veggie breakfast but not a full English, though once again I was donated a couple.

Tomato was nice but firmer than you'd want in an ideal world.

Everything else: fabulous.

Somewhat pricey at £28 for two breakfasts, 2 coffees and a (huge) cheese scone to take away.

9.5/10

20240218_111544.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Decent -- far too many free range beans there.

Yellow bread is not toast.

Is that a whole tomato?

Just the right amount of beans in fact. There was loads of everything and I ran out of beans just as I was finishing my breakkie. They got it spot on.

And yes, whole tomato. The one weakness but pleasant nonetheless.

Hampson’s Garden Centre. Treated the wife to a small breakfast. 

£7.99 

The wife gave it 7/10.

I questioned how well cooked the sausage and hash brown were, but she considered them “acceptable”.

As you can see she left the beans.

I shall commence divorce proceedings imminently. 

IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6059.jpeg