You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Posted from this place before - hotel buffet breakfast in London, but it's so good it's worth posting today's visit..last time it was included with the room. This time £15.95. 

I normally hate buffet scrambled eggs, but these are brilliant. As good black pudding as you can get..great sausages, fried eggs as good as it gets in a buffet too and the fried bread was perfectly done but hidden under the egg there. 9.5/10. Half a point knocked off because they're shit at tea and the orange juice isn't great. 

20230825_092810.jpg

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Posted from this place before - hotel buffet breakfast in London, but it's so good it's worth posting today's visit..last time it was included with the room. This time £15.95. 

I normally hate buffet scrambled eggs, but these are brilliant. As good black pudding as you can get..great sausages, fried eggs as good as it gets in a buffet too and the fried bread was perfectly done but hidden under the egg there. 9.5/10. Half a point knocked off because they're shit at tea and the orange juice isn't great. 

20230825_092810.jpg

Fucking beans 3/10.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

20230825_092810.jpg

The toast looks like someone who’s inappropriately dressed, and not deemed cool enough, to get into a hip bar. 

“Not tonight toast”

I suppose it could try, fucking off round the corner, smothering itself in jam, then queuing up again. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

20230825_092810.jpg

28 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I had an absolute belter in a café in Builth Wells the other day. I also had an epiphany... black pepper is utterly wank on a breakfast, and white pepper is by far the superior condiment. 

the-bill-car-chase.gif

Manchester Airport Terminal 3, standard English breakfast - £11.99 for one sausage, 2 bacon, one egg, beans, hash brown and half a mushroom. No drink, no toast.

was alright. Obviously a rip off, but still not bad.

IMG_5601.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Manchester Airport Terminal 3, standard English breakfast - £11.99 for one sausage, 2 bacon, one egg, beans, hash brown and half a mushroom. No drink, no toast.

IMG_5601.jpeg

"I hope this crashes"

plane_sexybeast.png

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

IMG_5601.jpeg

I don’t even eat eggs but I wouldn’t fucking serve that to someone. 

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Where are you going?

Italy. Tagging on to my other half’s holiday (who is tagging onto her friends family holiday) about 2.5 hours drive from Bologna somewhere in the Tuscan mountains. Not long arrived and it’s boss.

IMG_5606.jpeg

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

IMG_5601.jpeg

That’s a cry for help.

45 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Italy. Tagging on to my other half’s holiday (who is tagging onto her friends family holiday) about 2.5 hours drive from Bologna somewhere in the Tuscan mountains. Not long arrived and it’s boss.

IMG_5606.jpeg

You jammy bastard. Best place on Earth. I hope one of them beans was an anthrax capsule. 

• Upvote 1

Up there with the very worst breakfasts I’ve ever had.

Full Irish, Brambles Cafe in Dublin Heuston train station. 

£12.95 including 7 item breakfast, coffee and toast.

Mushrooms were cold. Stoke cold. That’s a typo but an apt one.

egg started being cooked yesterday. Only the bacon and the toast were ok.

IMG_5746.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

We have learned today that our resident bean hater is a marmite fan - looking at you @Remmie

There is no secret regarding this, I have started Marmite threads. 

Marmite is the food of gods and I pity you Yanks in that you didn't get to grow up with this amazing foodstuff.

I enjoy getting enraged with youtube clips of Americans tasting it and being disgusted after thinking it's a sweet spread and nailing a spoonful.

• Upvote 3