You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can the yanks ever come good?

Acid

Once you have already repeatedly lied there is no basis of trust, so I can't think that they can really put it right with the fans while here.

Here's what I would like to see though:

1. G&H pay the debt off out of their own pockets (or at worst, pay most of it off, leaving the small amount on the books they inherited).

2. G&H use their business acumen to get a great stadium built, with half of it being paid for by sponsorship and the other half being debt againt the club but easily serviced through increased capacity.

If they did both of those things they will have done no more than I thought they were going to do all along.

Once you have already repeatedly lied there is no basis of trust, so I can't think that they can really put it right with the fans while here.

Here's what I would like to see though:

1. G&H pay the debt off out of their own pockets (or at worst, pay most of it off, leaving the small amount on the books they inherited).

2. G&H use their business acumen to get a great stadium built, with half of it being paid for by sponsorship and the other half being debt againt the club but easily serviced through increased capacity.

If they did both of those things they will have done no more than I thought they were going to do all along.

This is the right answer, although as usual the Rev puts it better than I ever could.

Yeah, they could come good.

This is how:

1) Liquidate their assets other than LFC

2) Pay the purchase debt off out of their own pockets

3) Supplement the transfer budget so we can compete with United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Sunderland, Villa --- From their own pockets

4) Build the fucking new big grounds.

5) Stop fucking Lying. Full stop.

6) Stop thinking that they are smarter than us --- The support aren't all fucking stupid and won't believe complete bollocks.

Of course they could. They could build the stadium, fund title-winning purchases, develop the commercial side to make us finally maximise our financial potential, pay off the debt, become silent and distant owners and hold their hands up for being lying cunts. It's not going to happen though.

Ever?

What is the least you would like from them? And I don't mean leave, or die, or anything like that. What can they do whilst still being here to save their arses?

Anything?

They could if they wiped out virtually all the debt they have directly and indirectly lumped on the club.

They'd then have to start the new stadium and pump some money into the club for transfers. Unlike some I dont expect any owner of LFC to pump huge amounts of their own money into the club. There are very few people in the world who can afford to do that and anyway, I'd like the football authorities to stamp it out where a handful of mega rich people can seriously screw the abilities of clubs.

I have no problem with an owner operating a balanced budget for the club. With increased sponsorship and income from a bigger ground, an owner wouldnt need to pump their own money in anyway.

If they balance the books, build the new stadium (with no corporate naming shite), give the manager a huge budget worthy of a title-winning side and apologise. THEN I'd lay off them. They'd have to go even further to win back my trust though.

I wouldn't blame them for having a corporate name on the stadium. Megabucks to be earned there. Sad as it is to say, that is the route we will have to go down if ever happens so I wouldn't hold that against them.

Yes they can, the day they die

Somehow I knew someone was going to post that.

In the end, the only way they can redeem themselves is to sell the club to owners that want to invest in the club and scratch off the debt. To onwers that want to see Liverpool become a world wide brand with a new stadium.

Its their only way out. They make profit and we get owners that actually give a damn about our club.