You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Would have been a hell of a call but completely insane.

But with 0:00 on the clock you basically say I will get 3 yards now or take a chance on a coin toss...

Nah, take it into your own hands. Surely a team should prepare a brilliant two point play for just that occasion?

Cards defence would have been in a mental mess too.

I've had a sneaky feeling for the Broncos for the last few weeks - should have posted it earlier obviously.  Just feels like Manning has had that many brilliant seasons that he's fucked up by being a bit shit in the playoffs, that this year now he's old and shit (and being caught doing HGH) that he might just win the superbowl.

Carolina and Denver to go through.  Denver to win in a dour struggle.

Happy the Seahawks are out, couldn't bare the thought of them getting to another Superbowl; they're insufferable enough as it is. Firmly in the anyone but Patriots camp, but would like to see Carolina win it as Cam's been by far and away the best QB in the league this year, for me. Fuck knows how he's played to such a high level with such an average group of receivers and Michael Oher protecting his blind side.

Can't help but shake the horrible feeling that it's gonna be the Patriots again, though, the ruthless, predictable, boring bunch of cunts.

I think palmer getting his first playoff win and another week closer to his finger being healthy will be massive, and I think Arizona will win.

The way they overcame what must have been a massive blow at the end of that game will be great for them mentally.

Against that, the panthers seemingly (I didn't watch it) stuttered second half and will have some doubts.

I'd like to see the cards best the broncos in the superbowl.

That packers game was immense and sums up why I think it's the best sport going.

Less than a minute to go, and 4th and 20 inside their own 10 was it?

I think kicking the extra point was the right option. I know what's being said in trust your play vs a coin flip, but the packers D has bed in their strength for the most part of the season, while on offense you're playing against the league top 5 run D and an elite corner, with your first 4 WRs missing.

If they've got a play that is made for just that time, how often would you imagine that Jeff Janis and Jared Abbredaris were in with Rodgers when it's been practiced?

The blown coverage, leaving their biggest threat and best playmaker open, just couldn't have happened at a worse time.

The biggest what if or missed opportunity had nothing to do with any of that at the end of the game.

The play that needed to be made was Sam shields not making the interception when he got two hands on palmers pass before they scored their go ahead touchdown.

With his speed, and nobody in front of him, that's going all the way back for 6, and a 10 point lead with 3 minutes or so to play. Make the catch.

Having said that, what a game.

Despite my team losing, I was absolutely buzzing after the game. Rodgers is just incredible.

So championship weekend.

Pats @ Broncos.

Cards @ Panthers.

Hope the Pats win the first game and then I believe it will be Panthers in the second. Whomever win the second game will win against the winner of the first game in the super bowl.

Oh and Coldplay as the 'entertainment' for the sb halftime? Fuck that right off.