You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The FA have donated that £25k fine to charity. And by 'charity' I mean the FA collection pot to pay for the canapés at the Christmas do for all the FA cronies. They probably wish Suarez was still playing in England just so they could fine him for something trivial and pay for the booze too.

Why can't he call somebody's ma anyway?  I don't see how that fine/ban would stand up in court, it isn't racist/homophobic or anything like that.  He might not be setting the best example, but why should he have to?

I'm not sticking up for the smack head, but I don't really think the punishment fits the crime, even if his top lip is disgusting.

• Upvote 1

The FA have donated that £25k fine to charity. And by 'charity' I mean the FA collection pot to pay for the canapés at the Christmas do for all the FA cronies. They probably wish Suarez was still playing in England just so they could fine him for something trivial and pay for the booze too.

Be surprised if they don't do him for this one.

The man is an ignoramus, how many times has he been banned now because of twitter? He needs to quit twitter until his career is over, i mean he's not saying anything groundbreaking is he?

Here's his latest tweet - Cup of tea and jam on toast in the mornings, with Jeremy Kyle on TV thrown in # This.

Didn't he get an 8 month ban for skipping a drugs test whilst at the Mancs

According to international sports convention he should have got 2 years ban for the drugs offence. According to FA convention he should have got a £10k fine for a twitter offence.

He got off lightly on the drugs because of Ferguson and United. He got done badly on twitter because he plays for QPR and he has recently indicated that the FA and England manager are racists

Wow.  John Terry is on camera calling a player a "Fucking black cunt", and he gets only 1 more game then a fella using a term that I've no idea what it means, and on googling it seems to be the same as calling someone’s mum a slag? 

The FA really are hilarious. 

As I said already, I don't approve of footballers using twitter... but, I have to give Ferdinand a bit of credit for speaking out in support of Sterling when all the crap about him not playing for England was going on a few weeks ago.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/29596723

It caught my attention at the time because it was Rio Ferdinand and he was talking sense.