You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We´ll soon be the new Arsenal! FFS

Jens

Missing out on Gareth Barry was a real kick in the teeth. We´ve got two Englishmen in our starting XI which is not enough. Add the fact that they are 29 and 32 yrs old and the problem´s there for everyone to see.

What makes this even worse is that we´ve got practically no young promising Englishmen coming through either. From what I´ve seen it´s only Jay Spearing who has enough quality to become a starting man.

The situation is seriously about to become embarrasing. We´re an English side and let´s fucking keep it that way Rafa. Enough with the useless Italian fullbacks and Swiss supermen.

Seriously we´re about to become the new fucking Arsenal. FFS.

Please shut up.

Do you want him to take us to 7th with some new 'talented' englishmen?

Unless you have the money to cough up for Johnson, Lennon and any other englishmen that *may* improve our side, id urge you to not give a fuck if you want any form of success in the near future.

I hate this patriotic shit.

Missing out on Gareth Barry was a real kick in the teeth. We´ve got two Englishmen in our starting XI which is not enough. Add the fact that they are 29 and 32 yrs old and the problem´s there for everyone to see.

What makes this even worse is that we´ve got practically no young promising Englishmen coming through either. From what I´ve seen it´s only Jay Spearing who has enough quality to become a starting man.

The situation is seriously about to become embarrasing. We´re an English side and let´s fucking keep it that way Rafa. Enough with the useless Italian fullbacks and Swiss supermen.

Fucking hell. Get a grip.

We never "missed out" on Barry- he's not fit to wipe Alonso's boots.

Nice to see you taking a swipe at the obvious foreign lads in the squad who haven't performed- but what about Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, Agger, Kuyt and Skrtel? Or do you simply say "well, they're as good as English"?

We were the only side in the Premiership to field at least one British player in every game of last season, or did that fact escape you as well?

The simple fact of the matter is- whatever you think of Rafa's youth policy and scouting system- there are not enough English (British) players out there who are good enough, and the ones that are are astronomically priced.

Go stand in the corner.

Fucking hell. Get a grip.

We never "missed out" on Barry- he's not fit to wipe Alonso's boots.

Nice to see you taking a swipe at the obvious foreign lads in the squad who haven't performed- but what about Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, Agger, Kuyt and Skrtel? Or do you simply say "well, they're as good as English"?

We were the only side in the Premiership to field at least one British player in every game of last season, or did that fact escape you as well?

The simple fact of the matter is- whatever you think of Rafa's youth policy and scouting system- there are not enough English (British) players out there who are good enough, and the ones that are are astronomically priced.

Go stand in the corner.

I think Rafa is doing great transforming the youth system into a more professional one. The thing that bothers me is that we´re paying overprice for foreign players who are actually shit. That needs to stop.

English players are mostly shit, if they are good they are massively overpriced anyway

We´re an English side and let´s fucking keep it that way Rafa. Enough with the useless Italian fullbacks and Swiss supermen.

Says the man who's chosen to name himself after the famous English keeper. Oh, hang on.....

I think Rafa is doing great transforming the youth system into a more professional one. The thing that bothers me is that we´re paying overprice for foreign players who are actually shit. That needs to stop.

So, we should pay even more for english/british players who are half as good as their "foreign" equivalent, just to keep the club british/english.

When Gerrard and Carra retire, we will probably have no locals in the team. Should we bring in one or 2 local lads, who might not be within pissing distance of the grade just to have some local lads in the team?

Gerrard and Carragher are the heartbeat of our side. Yes, because they are local lads and we're all proud of that- but mostly its because they are fucking outstanding footballers and we are damn lucky to have them.

Rafa would not have them in the side merely because they are English, or local. If they didn't make the grade, they wouldn't be in the team.

In my eyes, Gerrard is the best footballer in the world and Carragher is the best defender in the Premiership. Looking at the other top drawer English players, there's Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand and Lampard. All bar Rooney are getting older, and all are not as good as our two.

There are no other great British players who I would have anywhere near our side.

No i completely agree i'd much rather see:

Robinson instead of Reina

Bramble instead of Agger

Upson instead of Skrtel

Luke Yiung instead of Aurelio

Barry instead of Alonso

Parker instead of Mascherano

Ashton instead of Torres

While were there we should sack Rafa and bring in Steve Mcclarren. We will call said club F.C BNP

No i completely agree i'd much rather see:

Robinson instead of Reina

Bramble instead of Agger

Upson instead of Skrtel

Luke Yiung instead of Aurelio

Barry instead of Alonso

Parker instead of Mascherano

Ashton instead of Torres

While were there we should sack Rafa and bring in Steve Mcclarren. We will call said club F.C BNP

Nice. Repped.

Gerrard and Carragher are the heartbeat of our side. Yes, because they are local lads and we're all proud of that- but mostly its because they are fucking outstanding footballers and we are damn lucky to have them.

Rafa would not have them in the side merely because they are English, or local. If they didn't make the grade, they wouldn't be in the team.

In my eyes, Gerrard is the best footballer in the world and Carragher is the best defender in the Premiership. Looking at the other top drawer English players, there's Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand and Lampard. All bar Rooney are getting older, and all are not as good as our two.

There are no other great British players who I would have anywhere near our side.

Has he made a pact with the devil or something?

Has he made a pact with the devil or something?

Haha, think I mean to say "are getting old"

Although he looks like he's made a pact with the devil. "For your talent and Coleen, I shall give you hideous features and a fucking horrible temper, you cunt"