You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest ever goal!

Guest heropsychodreamer

Guest heropsychodreamer

After remembering a few Mølby crackers i started thinking which goal is the greatest Liverpool goal ever.

The first two that entered my mind was Terry McDermott`s goal in the 7-0 win against Spurs... and his goal against Spurs in the FA cup in 1980!

Pure magic!!

:)

The goal against spurs at anfield is the finest goal i have seen any team score at any time anywhere,however my personal favourite was john barnes against spurs at anfield,can't remember the year but it was during the run in to a championship and we desperatley needed to win,during the second half with the scores at 0-0 someone played barnes through and as the keeper came out he slipped the ball right footed under him and into the kops net all without breaking stride,a natural finish from a great player in a tight game that gave us a lot of confidence to go on and win the league,i couldnt tell you why it was so good but even now when anyone talks of great goals i remember that one and it gives me goosebumps

Not syaing that this is the greatest goal scored in terms of skill, but Gary Macs 44 yard free-kick against Everton saved the game and set up the treble finish!

I still piss myself laughing every time I see it.

Agree with everything said about the Spurs goal though.

How about stevie nic's header from outside the box v arsenal opening day of the barnes beardsley aldo era,or diggers header at villa(in the cup i think)from behind him into the corner,there was a great shot on telly of the ball curling after it left his head,i think this was about the time that we had every goal in m.o.t.d's goal of the season

Kenny's for the title at Chelsea was just about perfect in every way: it was a great goal, an important goal and it seemed just right that our greatest ever player clinched the title in his first season as manager by getting it himself. Fucking genius.

Aldo's peach of a volley in the '88 FA Cup semi-final. Great 1-2 between Barnes and Beardsley, brilliant cross by Barnes, what a finish.

Or Aldo's against Arsenal in Jan '88. you know the one- when McMahon kept it in on the touchline, beat 2 men, into Beardsley, Aldo taps it in. Prompted John Motson to use my signature quote!

No where near the best goal ever, but the joy I felt at Emule's goal against Roma (ged's return) was something I'll never forget.

It's like it was destiny or some sort of shit along them lines.

Also remember Rush in the 86 cup final (I cried when he scored)

Going back to HPD's original post, Big Jan scored an absolute pearler against Norwich in a otherwise nondescript league game at the Kop end in 91/92. picked up the ball by the Kemlyn Road line, moved in a few paces and unleashed a 30 yarder that just kept going, speeding up until it nearly broke the net (a la 'Hot Shot Hamish' ), the angle he hit it from, the speed of the shot and for the look on Bryan Gunn's face when it flew past him, it was a classic from the big fella.

Other than that it would be Gary Mac's free kick against the Nazi's(for similar reasons - bar the 'speed' aspect) or Terry Mac's goal against Aberdeen in the EC in 1980, a work of genius.

Loved Robbie's goal ( think it was his second) against Man Utd on Cantona's comeback match in 1995. Maybe not the best goal ever and I'm sure he has scored better. I was at Uni at the time watching it is a very crowded pub in Hull. It was half Liverpool and half United in there and the atmosphere when the ball hit the net was brilliant.

Guest heropsychodreamer

As mentioned in the "what`s happened to Robbie" thread... Robbies two goals in the semi-finals against Villa in 1996... what a natural finisher...

:thumbup:

Ermmmm parkhead anyone !!!!!! maccas goal ???

Whatabout Peter the greats in the 5-0 against Forest

Robbie's header at Villa in the semi

Or his one against Birrrrrrr minggg ham in the final ???

Diggers against the shite in the 4-4:thumbup: