You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

I'll be gutted if two players I really admire leave after we've been a gnats whisker from winning the league and have our best chance in 20 years coming up.

If it's so, I'll know they're all a bunch of cunts and footy is fucked.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be gutted if two players I really admire leave after we've been a gnats whisker from winning the league and have our best chance in 20 years coming up.

If it's so, I'll know they're all a bunch of cunts and footy is fucked.

There is a difference between the two though

Xabi you can understand, you might not agree with it but at least its simple enough to understand, Mascher owes Rafa much more loyalty though

There is a difference between the two though

Xabi you can understand, you might not agree with it but at least its simple enough to understand, Mascher owes Rafa much more loyalty though

There are many differences. One has already agreed personal terms with Madrid for example. There are commonalities too, both need to either commit or pay the price of leaving.

It's seemed pretty clear for a while that Xabi is gone if the club is offered the right deal.

With Mascherano it's a bit more muddy.

I'd love to keep them both but it seems unlikely. Noone wants an unhappy punter on the team though. Sorted either way is what everyone needs.

Real Madrid make cheaper move for Liverpool star Xabi Alonso

By Kevin Lynch on Jul 13, 09 12:00 AM in Premiership

EXCLUSIVE by Simon Bird

Real Madrid have made a cheeky new move for Liverpool star Xabi Alonso - offering less than they did before.

The Spanish giants claim to have lodged a £25million bid last week which was rejected - and their petulant response was to reduce the figure by £3m in a new approach.

"It's not a mystery that Real Madrid are interested in signing him (Alonso) but it won't be easy," the club's new coach Manuel Pellegrini admitted last night.

"We are looking at alternatives for some positions," he added.

"The attack is complete and perhaps a central midfielder or full-back is still missing but the rest of the positions are covered."

The big-spending Madrid money men have splashed out a fortune this summer and this latest effort to get Alonso comes in the wake of reports in Spain that the Anfield star wants the move.

Alonso is reported to have told Liverpool chief Rafa Benitez by phone that he wants to leave.

Real believe that Alonso wants to join them, but this latest transter tactic has only soured relationships between the two clubs.

Benitez knows that replacing Alonso will be hard - though players like Marseille's Lorik Cana and Standard Leige's Stefan Defour are on his radar.

This can't be true, it obviously wouldn't be accepted and it would just piss Rafa right off and make him want to sell Xabi even less.

"This offer has apparently been replaced by a decreased bid of €24m in an attempt to coax a response from the Anfield outfit."

Seems a strange move to attract a response. Perhaps that is his buy-out?

Or perhaps they were under the impression that Rick Parry is still here.

This can't be true, it obviously wouldn't be accepted and it would just piss Rafa right off and make him want to sell Xabi even less.

As someone else has pointed out, just put the price up by 3 million and let the press know that Real Madrid will now have to pay more. Fuck em.

Aye. Rafa should come out and say "Xabi's price is £35m. For Madrid, it is £40m".

Their heads will collectively explode.

Exactly, and when he is asked why he should just say 'because Madrid are special, no?'

I am a bit confused at the moment, I don't know if I want to knock them out of the champions league in the Semi's or beat them in the final on their own ground!

I havent caught up with this thread over the weekend, but in terms of a replacement if Madrid keep lowering their offer and Parry gets one last deal in

Madrid: 25m euros

Parry: No

Madrid 20m

Parry: Hmm, maybe, but you need to lower it by another 5m

Madrid: hey, meet you halfway 17.5m euros

Parry: Done

madrid : You have been

But what about Arteta as a replacement ? I know it would be difficult, he'd probably not want to and he'd probably cost most of the Xabi fee, but aside from him already living in Liverpool, he's the closest I can think of, who is already in the prem and could hit the ground running.

I havent caught up with this thread over the weekend, but in terms of a replacement if Madrid keep lowering their offer and Parry gets one last deal in

Madrid: 25m euros

Parry: No

Madrid 20m

Parry: Hmm, maybe, but you need to lower it by another 5m

Madrid: hey, meet you halfway 17.5m euros

Parry: Done

madrid : You have been

But what about Arteta as a replacement ? I know it would be difficult, he'd probably not want to and he'd probably cost most of the Xabi fee, but aside from him already living in Liverpool, he's the closest I can think of, who is already in the prem and could hit the ground running.

Nope, I think he is a player who goes missing when the shite play anyone half decent, don't be fooled by the hyperbole surrounding everton players (admitedly I wouldn't give them credit regardless), average players, who are great at scoring from dead ball situations and keeping it tight. A less creative equivilant of Houlliers Liverpool. IMO (which is blinkered)

It'll be sorted quite quickly when Xabi gets back off honeymoon.

I'm loving the fact that we have finally grown some plums and are playing hard-ball with Mardid.

They have the money, if they want him they pay the price.

I think sometimes people look upon as an easy touch, a big club with a small team mentality and that in the face of the powerhouses we crumble when we are a powerhouse and should act accordingly.

If I was Chief Exec of Liverpool I would just fax them a photo of my cock.

In an alternate world, a perplexed Real Madrid official is wondering what the tiny, miniscule dot on the corner of an otherwise blank fax is.

Forget Xabi, what masch is doing is very hypocritical.

how does a payrise stop your wife from missing you?

the more i think about it, the masch situation irks me further.

if he left i would be seriously pissed off, using our prestigious club as a stepping stone.