You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie

Brownie

Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie?

It was so very important that Rafa did not congratulate Ferguson. Rafa has played this exactly as he should have.

Rafas so called “rant” from January is still been spoken about in the press, despite the fact every retired referee and any commentator not brown nosing Ferguson all confirmed Rafa was correct. However, Fergusons disgusting attack on Rafa where he accused him of disrespect of other managers is not even spoken about, despite the attack to be confirmed as entirely unfounded. The press should be insisting that Ferguson apologise to Rafa before he should even consider congratulating the Mancs.

The xenophobic bully boy tactics by Ferguson (and his pathetic lackey Fat Sam) were deplorable and Rafa should be very clear in his disdain and total lack of respect for the antics of that man. He is the epitome of everything that’s wrong with the modern game. From his congratulations of any team they wipe the floor with but refusal to pass on any congratulations when they are well beaten (Christ, he said the Mancs were the better team when we hammered them 4-1!), to his clear pressurising of referees and journalists so he gets his way. The FA have allowed Ferguson to have far too much power and he now pretty much runs the Premier League, to the detriment of everyone else.

A vote yes is to condone Fergusons actions this and every other seasons dependent on who is chasing them for the title.

Well done Rafa for standing alone against the tidal wave of brown nosing, corrupt, xenophobic, pathetic bullies in the Premier League. Let’s hope we can stick it further down their throats next season by pushing on and winning the league.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We lose nothing by being courteous. It's taken for granted that we have no affection for the mancs and that SAF is a prick - but now the headlines say Bitter Liverpool and Bitter Rafa and all this other nonsense.

Could have been avoided.

Once Ferguson can act with dignity and observe basic courtesies, not just in football matters but throughout his whole money grabbing, shithouse life, then such rudimentary civility should be reciprocated. Until that time, fuck him and piss on his achievements. The man is a complete cunt.

Just started reading this thread (a bit late I know) but low and behold post number 3 sums it up perfectly. Well said 'torahboy', you are entirely correct as Mr Ferguson is a cunt of the highest order and any Liverpool supporter that thinks Rafa should single him out for praise needs a good look in the mirror.

Especially after that cunt orchestrated a smear compaign against Rafa only a few weeks ago and guess what, nothing happened. Mr Ferguson is a despicable, disgusting excuse for a human being that deserves fuck all from anyone.

136 people with not class and style then.

The old TLW would have been to say well done the best team won.

I remember Dave Sexton saying the Cream rose to the top when we beat Manu for the title whenever he was their manager.

Liverpool weren't being managed by a disrespectful scumbag though, to be fair. Congratulating Paisley and congratulating ferguson are two entirely different things. Rafa did praise United though.

No.

Edit : Hadn't read the elegant soliloquy when I posted. Have now. I see he turned out to be a tool after all. Nice comebacks on that thread Whelan.

(IMO) I think it has put everything into context! As I have said, he IS Man U, he embodies everything about the club.

the masses will be led by the media who'll say its petty - he'd have made more friends by doing the expected - but we know how it works rafa produces a reasoned argument as to why united have a massive advantage - its called a rant - Howard Webb proves it was right and its never mentioned - ferguson rants about rafa's arrogance and contempt, in a personal attack and one obviously coordinated with allardyce - and its never mentioned, never corrected - no apologies but rafa is expected to lap it up knowing full well they'll do it again - he can't win the war of words until we lift the title -up to him who he congratulates and why - I wouldn't in the circumstances

NO...Absolutely.

I remember him taking charge at united, did nothing but whinge every time we played them. Eventually the tables turned and the pressure he started putting on officials, the FA, Football league all came to fruition. He's never looked back. The only reason he's ever in love with other managers, is the lack of threat to his perceived dominance.

I'm made up Rafa congratulated them and not him...Total cunt.

No, he shouldn't have congratulated Ferguson at all, especially after what he and Fat Sam tried to pull.

Although in my humble opinion he should only have said the quote in blue.

"I prefer just to say well done to the club, a big club, a good club," he said.

"Normally you have to be polite and respect the other manager but during the season we have seen a lot of things that I didn't like, so that's it.

"I say congratulations to United because they have won. And that's it."

The rest of what he said, although true, could have been said at a later time, or preferably just left out altogether IMO.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Seems as we are talking about Ferguson, I'm curious as to what line up he'll put out against Hull

Surely he wouldn't be so arrogant as to put out a weakened side?

What with all the good work he does with the LMA alongside Fat Sham, it would be ludicrous to suggest that he would treat Gareth Southgate, Ricky Sbragia and Alan Shearer with such contempt

Wouldn't it?

I wouldn't hold my breath on an McNulty mentioning it on his blog though, as he'd have to remove his tongue from his arse first

If Benitez feels the words would have stuck in his throat, then obviously he shouldn't congratulate him. It's not worth getting stressed out about. I'm sure the club will congratulate him though, as they always have congratulated the league and cup winners.

I've just noticed that Manctard Koloto has voted in the poll. Jesus, will this idiot not just fuck back off to his village.

Red Nick & Koloto on the same side. I'm saying nothing (rolls index fingers at side of head whilst leaving tongue out).

I can see both sides of the argument - he's piling pressure on himself by not doing it because the media set an open trap. On the other hand Ferguson is the anti-Christ for any football-loving non-Manc and has got personal with Rafa this year. Tough choice whichever way.

But I've got no doubt that whichever option he had taken some on here would use it as a way of implicitly or explicitly criticizing Rafa. That's just the way of this place.