You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie

Brownie

Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie?

Someone who does psychology might say that would have a negative effect on the players. Not sure if it would - but I've heard it said. Usually it's tiredness that is mentioned, but it's a similar principle surely.

Also why tell United they're the better team? Let them wonder if they are. Let them think about that 4-1. Let them get some doubts about their own abilities.

Also what if he's mentioning money as a kick up the arse to the owners? Instead of them arsing about pretending to be friends and getting an extension on a loan that can't do any more for us whatsoever, they should be looking at ways of getting the money sorted so that stadium goes up. He's not prepared to tread water, neither should they be.

Maybe it's none of this, and Rafa's just a poor loser who will be gone by Christmas after throwing his toys out the pram one time too many.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a bad loser. I'm an awful loser but I think you need to behave in a more classy way, especially when the public eye is on you. That's why I thought Carra was in the wrong yesterday as well, that should have been done/said in the dressing room after the game, not on the pitch.

If Rafa thinks that Fergie is a cunt, then great say so in the dressing room to your players. Tell them that they're a better team (and they are) but when the camera is shoved in front of your face, show some class.

At the first sign of us struggling next season, the press will go after Rafa and I think this will be a motive behind it.

I think in our history we have always had managers who show humility, class and dignity. I accept that Fergie is a cunt and shows none of those traits, but that doesn't mean that we should lower our level because of it. Let him get on with being bitter, let us concentrate on trying to usurp them on the pitch instead of drawing unwanted attention off it.

Overall though, it's no big deal and i'm not chastising Rafa for it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you went on to complain when people challenged your assertion of bitterness. What did you expect them to do? You defend your position so they'll defend theirs. Anyway, I think we all know where we stand. Again.

I don't rightly care if someone calls me bitter. I fucking hate Ferguscum and that shower of shite he calls a football club.

I wish horrible things upon them. (but not their families... I do draw the line somewhere)

They have my hatred, scorn, and sincere condemnation.

Ferguson can fuck off. He has come out with some shite over his time, but the "best team lost" comment really, really got up my nose. That comment should be stuck on the inside of our dressing room for eternity.

I can't stand United as a club, from the fans upwards to the very top level, and I haven't been able to congratulate them one iota. Maybe that does mean that I am bitter. It probably does. But the fact of the matter is that Ferguson is constantly trying to belittle our achievements, so fuck him, let's do the same. Let's try and chip away at what they've done too.

Cunts.

I'm not voting either way. It wasn't really a great situation to be in, Ferguson did congratulate Mourihno and Wenger, but I don't think for one second he would've done that with Benitez/Liverpool - he might've done, but we'll never know and after 1-4 we shouldn't bother. At the same time, congratulating him on a hard thought race wouldn't really have done any harm other than to his ego. I think a mix of the two would've been better, congratulate Ferguson then congratulate Howard Webb in the next sentence on his winners medal.

Would've got him in trouble like, but would be funny as fuck.

You know what my last wish for this season is?

Rafa to publicly congratulate Pep Guardiola if they win the European Cup. He should call every press reporter in this country and say "Barcelona played some really amazing football and they played United off the park. At times it was men against boys stuff. My hearty congratulations goes to Pep. I have also written a personal letter congratulating him and sent it along with a nice bottle of wine. I had some nice spanish wine watching Pep lift that beautiful trophy".

No.

I know it's not necessarily 'The Liverpool Way' but fuck him. He's congratulated the team, I think that's enough.

I'm sick of being nice and coming second, Ferguson is getting some of his own medicine and doesn't like it and the press don't like. Fuck him. Rafa has upped the stakes.

Classless, graceless drivel with all the winning the league doesn't make you the best team and money shite.

He could have said he has again proven he is the best Coach in Europe with another Double on the table but we have beaten them twice, have improved notably and will give him a run next year and intend to overcome them.

Going down to his level satisfies Fergie; saying well done until next year, would have satisfied me.

I think he should have congratulated him. Let's be gracious in defeat.

And let's not get too wound up about it, either. I'm disappointed we didn't win the title, and delighted we were top in May. Think 1990 is the last time that happened.

Congratulations, Ferguson. Still hate you and the slime you manage, and I hope we batter you next season and win the title by 20 points.

And I hope Barca win the CL.

No he shouldn't.

He was the same when Mourinho left. When everyone else was backslapping him and saying what a character he was, he just said it's better to keep quiet.

Has Mr Ferguson apologised for getting together with Allardyce and concocting a load of bollocks?

I guarantee you all this stems from the tribunal for Heinze, in which some of the things both he & Gill accused Liverpool of were utterly scandalous.

Dave Richards is a cunt for believing it.

Rafa congratulated Man United, what more do they want? Have Wenger and Hiddink personally sent their congratulations to Ferguson? I doubt it. Why are they making an issue out of Rafa not sucking up to Ferguson? They want all managers to bow to the drunk jock. Fuck that. Rafa is right not to worship at the alter of the demented, senile prick.

Is it not a bit hypocritical to criticise an opposing manager for being ungracious defeat, as a lot of us have done with Fergie and Mourinho, and then praising our own manager for doing the same?

But Rafa wasn't ungracious though. He didn't say Liverpool deserved it more than them or anything like that. He didn't wish publicly Barcelona to win the European cup either.

He praised them and said they are a good team.

He was reluctant to congratulate Whiskey nose and this is fine by me. I didn't expect every single manager to stand up and hail Rafa when we won in Istanbul. Wenger even compared us with Milwall.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWS9PiXekE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWS9PiXekE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"All ginsoak requires, is a simple offering of personal congratulations, as a token of your submission."

"Submission? Well, that's a bit of a problem..."

someone should edit rafas face onto leonidas and fergusons onto that black guys.

Is it not a bit hypocritical to criticise an opposing manager for being ungracious defeat, as a lot of us have done with Fergie and Mourinho, and then praising our own manager for doing the same?

But it's not hypocritical Ian - he was gracious... albeit to the club rather than the individual.

The only reason this is even becoming an issue is because the press led him to answer the question in that way. Like others have said, have they ever gone up to Ferguson and asked him to congratulate Mourinho... Wenger? If he does congratulate Ferguson he looks weak as piss, if he doesn't, it's a good few days of 'headlines' for them. Sadly, you've bought into the story they were trying to sell.

That is not the question though, you're (I think) confusing them not giving the team any credit, with Rafa not giving him personnaly any credit!

Why do you think he was asked?

He was asked because of the obvious animosity that has developed, no other reason. Has Martin O'Neil been asked to congratulate Rafa? Owen Coyle, why Rafa? Maybe it was because we were second, I read in the Guardian it is 'protocol' for the team that finishes second to write a letter of congratulations!! since fucking when! so if three teams finish level on points at the end of the season the one who finishes second has to write a letter? Bollocks, all this shite about taking the moral high grounds is supercillious patronising piss. 'Oh don't be like them, were better than that' yes we are, because we congratulated MANCHESTER UNITED on winning the league, not fucking FERGUSON, FERGUSON went personal, not Rafa.

The press are looking for Rafa to be the 'House Slave' they want Rafa to be Casius Clay but he Rafa is Ali.

Hoddy; I haven't bought into any story. I said on the eve of the West Brom game that I hoped Rafa would be magnamimous in defeat and I don't think he was. Yes he congratulated Man Utd as a club but that only served to highlight the fact that he discounted Ferguson from the congratulations.

I think we're at the agree to disagree stage but it's been a good debate.

Guest RafaIsRafa

Whats all this Rafa "ungracious" stuff about? He congratulated their club, theres no need to single people out, it was a club effort, yes led by Ferguson but also their whole staff and players so he just congratulated the lot. Whats the problem?

They're lucky they got that considering the shite he's been given.

Has Sammy Lee congratulated Mike Phelan yet? A disgrace that he hasnt.

Does anyone have any quotes from ferguson after us winning the CL? I can't find any other than before when he said AC were going to win it.

It's irrelevant what Fergie said then though, otherwise we're falling into, 'he started it', territory which is just gay.