You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

I hope we end up paying 18.5 for him, because that means we'll win something soon.

I hope we pay £25 million for him, just because it will piss so many people off. Does this make me childish?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an unbelievable amount of tax. Whilst they do get paid ridiculous amounts of money, you would be loathe to pay that much into a country you have no intention of staying in.

I would have thought you would be loathe to pay it even if you had affinity and intended to stay. It is too much to take that high of a percentage - short sighted and verging on immoral in my eyes.

Richards could be one of the best defenders in the world if he sorts his head out. He'd be a big risk now though.

Can't see why Man City would consider letting him go for peanuts. If it happens I'll be very surprised. In this game, you can never say never.

Just been on bluemoon to see what the Richards situation is but didn't see much. Some ITK on there believes that City entered the Johnson race last night and he is now thinking things over after initially ruling out a move to them. He also said Tevez will have signed for them by Friday. They are also in for Eto'o and the Toure brothers according to him.

Would be seriously fucked off if they got in the way of the Johnson deal. Starting to hate them more every day.

I think Micah Richards would be a good buy at a lowish price (£5-8M). When he broke through he was touted as a £20M player. Since then it has all got a bit too much for him in that he has believed his own press and got a bit too big for his boots and so on. If he came to us I think that would sharpen his mind as he would be surrounded by good professionals and he would need to be at his best to get a look in with us.

The upside is we strengthen the home grown core and get a young player with the bulk of his career ahead of him, simply down to the fact he has lost his way a little. We might spend £5M and end up with a £20M asset on our hands.

The downside is that he gets the move, only to think he has made it, and he doesn't knuckle down and is a flop. In this instance we lose the whole fee at worst, or perhaps sell him on and get all/most of our money back, since he would still be young and there will be plenty of managers who will think they can get him back on track.

As for Johnson, if that's what we have to pay then so be - so long as we have the money to sign the top attacking player we need, preferably for the left of the three behind Nando. If we fail to do that becasue we are short of funds while paying so much for Johnson, that would be bad business.

I think Micah Richards would be a good buy at a lowish price (£5-8M). When he broke through he was touted as a £20M player. Since then it has all got a bit too much for him in that he has believed his own press and got a bit too big for his boots and so on. If he came to us I think that would sharpen his mind as he would be surrounded by good professionals and he would need to be at his best to get a look in with us.

The upside is we strengthen the home grown core and get a young player with the bulk of his career ahead of him, simply down to the fact he has lost his way a little. We might spend £5M and end up with a £20M asset on our hands.

The downside is that he gets the move, only to think he has made it, and he doesn't knuckle down and is a flop. In this instance we lose the whole fee at worst, or perhaps sell him on and get all/most of our money back, since he would still be young and there will be plenty of managers who will think they can get him back on track.

As for Johnson, if that's what we have to pay then so be - so long as we have the money to sign the top attacking player we need, preferably for the left of the three behind Nando. If we fail to do that becasue we are short of funds while paying so much for Johnson, that would be bad business.

I think that our priorities shifted when we were priced out of David Silva. I think we'll see another purchase for our left for around £10m, unfortunately.

I think that our priorities shifted when we were priced out of David Silva. I think we'll see another purchase for our left for around £10m, unfortunately.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't get at least one decent forward in the Silva/Lavezzi mould.

I have a feeling it'll be someone like Saviola, Bent, or Tuncay, and Turan, Downing or etc...

I honestly don't think Arda Turan belongs on that list. You'll probably slate me as I'd say he is quite similar to Srna in terms of where he plays his football and his national side.

I feel Arda would be a wonderful signing.

Can't see why Man City would consider letting him go for peanuts. If it happens I'll be very surprised. In this game, you can never say never.

Apparently he likes his late nights too much and has a bit of the Rio's about him if you know what I mean.

Apparently he likes his late nights too much and has a bit of the Rio's about him if you know what I mean.

He's a smackhead?

He also enjoys double teaming girls with his mates, recording it on his phone and telling the girl to fuck off afterwards. He's also not intelligent enough to stop it leaking to the tabloids.

Not the type of player I want here really.

He's a smackhead?

He also enjoys double teaming girls with his mates, recording it on his phone and telling the girl to fuck off afterwards. He's also not intelligent enough to stop it leaking to the tabloids.

He's blatently not a smackhead.

Under the right manager he'll come good.

Anything more than 7 or 8 million is way too much for Glen Johnson.

Fullbacks won't make the difference as to whether we win the league or not, especially seeing as Rafa likes his defenders to defend first rather than attacking down the flanks. For this reason alone I cannot see Johnson fiiting in here.

We've got Arbeloa and Aurelio plus Darby and Insua, with limited funds available we should stick with these four players, plus surely Degan will get a game ot two if he can stay fit for 5 minutes!

I'd be happy this summer if we kept most of the squad from last year with one or two quality additions.

David Silva for 25 million and Dossena to Juventus for 6 million, with Pennant and Hyypia off the wage bill.

He's a smackhead?

wrong class A