You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I do the January off the ale thing.

I feel great, but by the end of the month I'm absolutely gasping for a pint - the first one is the purest ambrosia.

I also read earlier that demand is out stripping supply of wine, so best drink it while we have some left.

I'm kind of scared of extended periods of not drinking, because I think if I did a month I'd never bother again and I don't want to be that person!

That's sort of what happened, actually. I used to fucking love having a good drink, but then had a month or so off as I felt I was hitting it too hard and just never get the urge anymore.

I'm not teetotal, but I just never get the urge to have a drink so it very rarely happens. I went to a wedding recently and didn't have a drop. It's a bit worrying to be fair.

Are your balls shrinking?

Nah, I know where you're coming from. I kind of wonder what's the point? But, bI do love a couple of beers, my problem is that I can't have a couple if I go out, I have to have ten+. If I stay in, or don't drink at all I don't miss it. 

Yeah I used to be like that. I'd intend to go out for a couple then get home 24 hours later in an absolute mess wondering what the fuck had happened.

The weird thing is it's not conscious. I'm not trying to stay off it or anything, I just never feel like having a drink. Fucked up.

Yeah I used to be like that. I'd intend to go out for a couple then get home 24 hours later in an absolute mess wondering what the fuck had happened.

The weird thing is it's not conscious. I'm not trying to stay off it or anything, I just never feel like having a drink. Fucked up.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like being steaming, I can always look after myself, but I just like to carry on, and if I get to my third pint I'm having ten unless the bell rings. I had about 10 days without a drink recently and I honestly think if I did 30 days I'd really think about not drinking again. But who wants to be that boring?

I'm kind of scared of extended periods of not drinking, because I think if I did a month I'd never bother again and I don't want to be that person!

I can easily go a month without drinking, I don't drink at home, but when I do drink I drink to the extreme(a blow out if you will). I do love a drink still, just don't see it as a way of unwinding, I use it as a treat for when I go out.

He's insinuating that you want to suck off Duff Man. Do you want to suck off Duff Man? Are there any other volunteers to suck off Duff Man? Anyone?

Why? Because we interacted on a forum? The forum would be a bit fucked if people didn't interact, that's kind of the point of a forum isn't it?