You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Respect....

kippaxlad

I just signed up to express my respect to liverpool fans and the community for the 96 who lost their lives 20 years ago..

I watched that day unfold on telly and will never forget the feeling of sorrow and just sheer helplessness i felt..

I was 19 then, and all football rivalry was forgotten, no manc/scouse banter, just a horrible day for all english football..

20 years later, a parent myself who takes my kids to city, those images will be never be forgotten..

My thoughts and respect for the family's and friends of the 96 and for the folks of liverpool..

Harry/mancity fan...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in Harry lad. Always had time for City and their fans. A proper club with proper support.

I won't mention the FA cup quarter final, the only time i went to maine Road, pissing down it was. I was in the kippax (if i have got the stands right). the entire liverpool support was huddled under half of our area that had a roof. then the city fans, who were on the other side of a narrow dividing gap, started pelting us with coins.

I got a 2p in the side of the head and decided i'd rather get wet, so me and a couple of mates went and stood above a banner saying LIVERPOOL FC, HISTORY MAKERS and the camera panned to us during the match, stood there looking miserable (my first appearance on British TV) and then after a bit i went down the front and when barnes scored he ran over to where i was (my 2nd, and last, appearance on British TV).

It was an ace day out.

I won't mention the FA cup quarter final, the only time i went to maine Road, pissing down it was. I was in the kippax (if i have got the stands right). the entire liverpool support was huddled under half of our area that had a roof. then the city fans, who were on the other side of a narrow dividing gap, started pelting us with coins.

I got a 2p in the side of the head and decided i'd rather get wet, so me and a couple of mates went and stood above a banner saying LIVERPOOL FC, HISTORY MAKERS and the camera panned to us during the match, stood there looking miserable (my first appearance on British TV) and then after a bit i went down the front and when barnes scored he ran over to where i was (my 2nd, and last, appearance on British TV).

It was an ace day out.

And I bet you picked the 2p up and spent it.

Oh aye. I got a bag of chips with curry sauce and a can of quatro. Then when i got home i bought a house and then went on holiday and i still had a farthing left.

Chips and Curry sauce washed down with a tin of Quatro, you know how to live you crafty Chicken fisting bastard. That is a proper meal.

No worries lads..

Im a member of a decent city forum, its where you find proper fans.

I also remember when marco(foe) died..

The respect paid was unreal, from all over the place.

I went upto maine road that afternoon, and there were scarfs and shirts from folks who live local, from most northwest teams and others too..

Id never felt such emotion.

And that was for one lad..

I can't imagine what its like for 96.

Well actually i can, i might be a manc 40 miles up the road, but it still affected me to see that happen that day..

Im not the only one, we have a thread on our forum, thats paid its respects.

Its a shame that it takes something tragic like what happen at Hillsborough to bring the football community together.

I think a pretty profound moment being a city fan was the derby at the swamp last year.

I was terrified that some dickhead would let us down (the munich silence), but to see us and the rags, hold those scarfs up was a proud moment to be a blue..

Its all about one word for me lads...Respect.

credit to your club mate.

I'd be interested to hear, as an "outsider" what your thoughts are on what caused the tragedy.

I'm always intrugued to know how far the truth has spread outside of Liverpool.

How'd you mean mate..?

That the old bill, did'nt give a toss..

Whats the truth...

I honestly thought it was that coppers fault for opening up a gate, and thats what caused it...

I honestly don't know mate..if you could point me in the direction of what your saying id really appreciate it...

How'd you mean mate..?

That the old bill, did'nt give a toss..

Whats the truth...

I honestly thought it was that coppers fault for opening up a gate, and thats what caused it...

I honestly don't know mate..if you could point me in the direction of what your saying id really appreciate it...

This is a good place to find out about the truth.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign

In all honesty, the Wikipedia article about the Hillsborough Disaster is very good too.