You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily Mail shite cunts saying Eto'o wants £7m in wages a year.

No fucking chance of this happening if true.

Why? His transfer fee would be greatly reduced with only having one year left on his deal. If we want world class players we'll have to pay top wages.

Considering We're paying Degen 2m a year and he also got a 2m signing on fee then 7m a year for one of the very best strikers In the world sounds fair to me.

If we had him we could play 4-4-2 at Anfield with Stevie In the middle and really go for the poorer teams that sit back and play for a draw.

The problem with the 1 up top system is that no decent player wants to sit on the bench as backup to the kid, but if he gets crocked we're in the mire and can only rely on the likes of Ngog. If Eto'ooo can play the role of wing forward then I'm all for it - he can then play in the middle if we have problems with Torres. Perfick.

The problem with the 1 up top system is that no decent player wants to sit on the bench as backup to the kid, but if he gets crocked we're in the mire and can only rely on the likes of Ngog. If Eto'ooo can play the role of wing forward then I'm all for it - he can then play in the middle if we have problems with Torres. Perfick.

Eto'o can play on the left but it isn't his best position. We love Torres but Eto'o probably has an even bigger reputation than our Kid so it would be a waste. If we buy him we must play 4-4-2 and break up the Gerrard/Torres partnership which would suck.

Signing Eto'o would be like signing Cassillas, what would be the point unless we are billionnaires?

I think one of the best things going for us at the moment is our team spirit. Why risk that with the introduction of an egotistical and potentially disruptive influence?

I agree with that the team spirit at the moment seems like the best it's been for many years and there is no sense breaking up the Torres Gerrard partnership it just works so well.

We would be foolish to go to a 4-4-2 with Gerrard in a proper central midfield role where he is no where near as effective and I don;t think Etoo would be happy playing out of position, it would cause problems sooner or later.

I really like Eto'o and if we didn't have Torres I'd be all for it. I just don't see where he fits in though. Torres and Gerrard is fucking ace, why would anyone want to mess with it? Granted Torres has been injured a lot this season and we've missed him loads but what if he stays injury free next year? Would anyone be happy going back to 442 when the formation we use at the moment works so well? I know I wouldn't. And no fucking way would Eto'o be happy sat on the bench or stuck out on the wing.

It's a real problem though. We do need backup for Torres but that someone has to be willing to spend a fair amount of time collecting splinters whilst also being good enough to cover for Torres. Who is that man? Fucked if I know. Owen maybe?

I agree with that the team spirit at the moment seems like the best it's been for many years and there is no sense breaking up the Torres Gerrard partnership it just works so well.

We would be foolish to go to a 4-4-2 with Gerrard in a proper central midfield role where he is no where near as effective and I don;t think Etoo would be happy playing out of position, it would cause problems sooner or later.

Fuck team spirit et al. We've won fuckall in 3 years with solid team spirit. You will probably blame it on injuries and disruptions to the partnership but that is exactly why we need to beef up our attack. Let's get some talent in to complement our solid base.

With regards Ballague Tom R has it spot on.

So what you're saying is fuck our already sky high wage bill and add £7m to it?

Eto'o comes in and everyone is gonna want more money.

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes. If we want the best, we'll have to pay them accordingly. I don't imagine our two existing world class stars will be getting much shy of £7m a season in their new deals either. Signing one player doesn't necessarily mean we need to rip up the structure and start again though. It just means that we're paying one of the best players in the world what he's worth under market conditions.

The other thing about signing the likes of Eto'o is that it makes us more marketable at just the time when we're showing the first signs of getting to grips with exploiting our financial potential.

This is probably all moot anyway, but the phrase "speculate to accumulate" applies here in my opinion.

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes. If we want the best, we'll have to pay them accordingly. I don't imagine our two existing world class stars will be getting much shy of £7m a season in their new deals either. Signing one player doesn't necessarily mean we need to rip up the structure and start again though. It just means that we're paying one of the best players in the world what he's worth under market conditions.

The other thing about signing the likes of Eto'o is that it makes us more marketable at just the time when we're showing the first signs of getting to grips with exploiting our financial potential.

This is probably all moot anyway, but the phrase "speculate to accumulate" applies here in my opinion.

Sorry mate, but I completely disagree. I think it would be a huge mistake bringing him in on that money.

It would just get everyone's backs up from the off and then pretty much everyone in our squad would want to negotiate pay rises.

If he wants to sign and play for us, then he should accept our demands. Look at Nando, he took a pay cut to join us from Atletico.

I would personally use any potential transfer funds to bring in someone a lot younger, as his motivation at his age may be in question.

But that's just me.

Sorry mate, but I completely disagree. I think it would be a huge mistake bringing him in on that money.

It would just get everyone's backs up from the off and then pretty much everyone in our squad would want to negotiate pay rises.

If he wants to sign and play for us, then he should accept our demands. Look at Nando, he took a pay cut to join us from Atletico.

I would personally use any potential transfer funds to bring in someone a lot younger, as his motivation at his age may be in question.

But that's just me.

What colour is the sky on your planet???

Have you any idea how arrogant and stupid that is?

Also, Nando didn't exactly take a massive cut by the way - he simply got the going rate for a player of his age and experience when he came here. He was grossly over-paid at his previous club, as he was their captain and their only class player. It was pure desperation on their behalf, just to keep him there, and he knew it.

He would have taken a pay cut to ANY club that he moved to. Dont' be so arrogant as to believe he did it because "we're Liverpool" or cos he desperately wanted to play for us, or any shit like that. That's just not the case.