You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillett and Hicks (ownership saga)

Antynwa

Serious question, people. Is there any chance that the following might happen:

1 - Hicks gets full control

2 - Parry is sacked.

3 - Ian Ayres takes over.

4 - Rafa gets a new long-term contract.

5 - Rafa sells Alonso.

6 - Rafa buys Barry.

7 - Rafa buys Heskey.

Well?

I've been through the mill so often with these rumours that I'm going to ignore this situation until I pick up the Echo & see a picture of a guy looking like Yasser Arafat holding a scimitar above his head while Parry , Moores , Hicks & Gillett kneel in the Main Stand car park.

I'm gonna ignore this, like I did the 468 page thread about DIC. That seemed to work.

These things change on a daily basis so until I actually see something worth taking interest in I think i'll just ignore it.

I am just a glutton for punishment, I try to ignore it but just keep getting drawn in.

See?! Now here's a man who knows not to start new threads! Good man, Al. Have a cake.

P.S. I predict a denial from this Kuwaiti family tomorrow.

I'm not soe sure. Hicks has been openly looking for a buyer for at Gilletts stake for a while. He's already approached some of the wealthiest people in America about it. makes sense to me.

The basis of the story is right, although they did not speak to them last year, that story was a plot.

There really is some serious shit going to expload between them, you have been warned.

Serious shit between who? gillett and hicks (thought they had patched up their differences) hicks and kuwaitis?

I'm just wondering if Hicks is planning on selling even before gillett, or whether he is negotiating for both of them or whether he intends to stick around and gain overrall control. It'll all come out in the press in the next few days I hope/expect, not the greatest timing but then it never is.

Serious shit between who? gillett and hicks (thought they had patched up their differences) hicks and kuwaitis?

I'm just wondering if Hicks is planning on selling even before gillett, or whether he is negotiating for both of them or whether he intends to stick around and gain overrall control. It'll all come out in the press in the next few days I hope/expect, not the greatest timing but then it never is.

Don't mater I think I just got an answer to my own questions

Premier League: Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has opened talks with Kuwait billionaire Nasser al Kharafi over sale of Anfield club | Football | The Guardian

Nasser al Kharafi was initially approached by Gillett when the co-owner was looking to sell his 50% stake in Liverpool last year but a deal could not be agreed. The latest approach came from Hicks and without Gillett's knowledge, however, highlighting the ongoing division within the Anfield hierarchy and raising the prospect of another fraught battle for control of Liverpool at a time when Rafael Benítez's side are in pursuit of their first league title for 19 years.

Al Kharafi, the 48th richest man in the world, has been previously linked with a move for Newcastle United and talks are currently at a preliminary stage. Hicks is known to want to maintain a majority stake in Liverpool and a place on the club's board but, given the current economic climate, may accept an offer for a full sale should the Al Kharafi family meet the Americans' asking price.

Could go either way this. If Hicks acquires a majority stake it will be a disaster.

I reckon Hicks would give up majority for a strong minority share, and these kuwaitis using his buddies for the new stadium which will give Hicks all sorts of monitary kick backs.

I could be wrong, but MAN am I hopeful!

i did look to see it i thought it would be on the meltdown phase but couldnt see it for looking there has been so much doom and gloom on here over the last few days i was about to slit me throat when i saw all the new for sale stuff i cant help feeling that this is to get someone to the table and that it isnt that factual how can you have a sale of a persons shares and not tell them about thye sale if you believe these stories Hicks has done the deal behind the back of Gillet i cant see that working but we will see it seems to fit in with what we have been hearing regarding Rafa's contract etc