You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

. . . until we drop more than 5 points off the top leader or we're still top on new years day!

I have had enough of all the negatives comments. At the begining of the season 100% of you all would have taken top in both league and CL, whats changed because the team hasn't. Your going to say results have given us hope, last year we would have lost at least 2 of the 4 draws at home.

I'm going to have a little break from the forum and ENJOY being TOP OF THE LEAGUE, 6 points clear of the mancs, arsenal no where and with all the money chelsea have got, one point clear of them.

I think some of you should join me to calm down and get back into perspective, we TOP on the 16th December.

And finally, judge Rafa on a whole seasons work not 25 games, we know he's done excellent in the second half of the season before so lets get behind the team and win this league.

I hope when I return this is a far nicer place to be for a team sat at the top of the table.

Cheers Lads

See you in the New Year

A win on Sunday and every will be back to normal (well, kind of)

I think more then anything people are nervous of what we might actually achieve this season and are terrified of it slipping through our fingers to the extent that they are disecting everything down to it's smallest part.

. . . until we drop more than 5 points off the top leader or we're still top on new years day!

I have had enough of all the negatives comments. At the begining of the season 100% of you all would have taken top in both league and CL, whats changed because the team hasn't. Your going to say results have given us hope, last year we would have lost at least 2 of the 4 draws at home.

I'm going to have a little break from the forum and ENJOY being TOP OF THE LEAGUE, 6 points clear of the mancs, arsenal no where and with all the money chelsea have got, one point clear of them.

I think some of you should join me to calm down and get back into perspective, we TOP on the 16th December.

And finally, judge Rafa on a whole seasons work not 25 games, we know he's done excellent in the second half of the season before so lets get behind the team and win this league.

I hope when I return this is a far nicer place to be for a team sat at the top of the table.

Cheers Lads

See you in the New Year

Crickey, a sensible post.

The GF is the place to be anyway.

all the negativity is ridiculous.everyone defo would have taken our current position at the beginning of the season.and what makes it even more impressive is that we've played pretty shit through most of the season so far..since rafa came in we've improved every season during the second half of the season.have faith,get behind the team and stop moaning.the table doesnt lie....at this moment in time we are the best team in the country:yes:

I'm dropping a neg-bomb on the next hormonal bitch to start a thread complaining about everyone moaning about football on a football forum. Its a forum for fucks sake, you virgins!

No you're a virgin. Youre right Wiiksie. Its getting to a point where this place is becoming unreadable.

Have to agree with the post, we all would have taken the situation that we're in now at the start of the season no matter who we lost points again or how we were playing.

Traditionally, we have always had an excellent second half to the season under Rafa and hopefully we can kick on from the position we are in.

You could say "would you have taken being top in december" at the beginning of the season, but the other side of the coin is; "would you take shitty draws at home to fulham, west ham, hull and stoke" before the season?

We are top despite playing shit, this is not really a reason to get a hard on is it? Were lucky chelsea and man U have been even more shit or we would be third.

But, all in all, we are still top. so I am moderately happy. If we had played well and were top I would be ecstatic though.

I fail to see what the problem is with us wanting the best out of our team. We're doing well, but we could do better. In fact, we must do better, because the greater strength in depth and the consistency they have shown in recent years suggest that the Mancs and Chavs can outpace us if we continue our poor home form. (And to those who ask 'We're unbeaten at home - what's poor about that?', the answer is that you're easily pleased if you think failing to win 4 out of 9 home league games is impressive.)

Too many people look at the league table and say that we're wonderful, and those who see problems are not worthy to support the team. And too many people yell 'Sack Rafa' when we fail to win a game.

The way I see it is we are doing better than for a long time, and have an excellent chance of winning the title. But we have problems. We are dropping points at home that we shouldn't, it looks as thought Rafa has made an extremely expensive cock-up over Robbie Keane which may severely limit the money he is given in the future (I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have bought him, but if you lash out that money, you should use what you buy), and we still seem to be muddling through when we win rather than killing teams off.

Like many, I have doubts about the way the rest of the season will pan out. I'm optimistic still, but I prefer to take a balanced view between blind optimism and mega-pessimism. I think most of us are like that - I think the rest of you should calm down.

I fail to see what the problem is with us wanting the best out of our team. We're doing well, but we could do better. In fact, we must do better, because the greater strength in depth and the consistency they have shown in recent years suggest that the Mancs and Chavs can outpace us if we continue our poor home form. (And to those who ask 'We're unbeaten at home - what's poor about that?', the answer is that you're easily pleased if you think failing to win 4 out of 9 home league games is impressive.)

Too many people look at the league table and say that we're wonderful, and those who see problems are not worthy to support the team. And too many people yell 'Sack Rafa' when we fail to win a game.

The way I see it is we are doing better than for a long time, and have an excellent chance of winning the title. But we have problems. We are dropping points at home that we shouldn't, it looks as thought Rafa has made an extremely expensive cock-up over Robbie Keane which may severely limit the money he is given in the future (I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have bought him, but if you lash out that money, you should use what you buy), and we still seem to be muddling through when we win rather than killing teams off.

Like many, I have doubts about the way the rest of the season will pan out. I'm optimistic still, but I prefer to take a balanced view between blind optimism and mega-pessimism. I think most of us are like that - I think the rest of you should calm down.

Personally, its this attitude that Fs me off, 'we can do better', except no Liverpool manager has for over 20 years and none of the other managers in the league can currently do better than us, Wenger, Scolari or Ferguson.

Not aimed at you in particular Fortress Anfield !

your right, Rafa has his faults, he does things wrong, but all managers do, the key is, were top, not joint top, top on Gd or anything else, were top.

Edited by redrosetints

Guest davelfc
A win on Sunday and every will be back to normal (well, kind of)

I think more then anything people are nervous of what we might actually achieve this season and are terrified of it slipping through our fingers to the extent that they are disecting everything down to it's smallest part.

spot on there.

Personally, its this attitude that Fs me off, 'we can do better', except no Liverpool manager has for over 20 years and none of the other managers in the league can currently do better than us, Wenger, Scolari or Ferguson.

Not aimed at you in particular Fortress Anfield !

your right, Rafa has his faults, he does things wrong, but all managers do, the key is, were top, not joint top, top on Gd or anything else, were top.

No offence taken! We have slipped up quite a bit this season, but, thank God, so have the rest. (Did Bellamy ever score a more important goal for us than he did on Sunday?!) This is our best chance for years. I'm convinced we can beat anyone, so when we under-perform, as we did on Saturday, I get disappointed.

But we're up there at the top. We CAN do better, but we are certainly doing better than for years. I really beieve we can win the title, but we're not making it easy in games like the Hull one.

I'd love the season to end NOW! I guess like many I'm jittery in case we blow it. We've had too many false dawns in the last 15 years.

Basically, I feel we're infinitely better than many make out, but we shouldn't be so blinded by our position that we think everything is perfect.

I'm back now, we're top at christmas and I missed this place so I had to come back and check out what everyone has been talking about.

I am enjoying the good mood around the place, everyone seems to be in a better mood since I let it and its probably more down to the fact is christmas time, we got a good point at arsenal and we're top of the league.

Anyway, agree with most of the points above.

Have a lovely christmas and a happy new year.

I'm back now, we're top at christmas and I missed this place so I had to come back and check out what everyone has been talking about.

I am enjoying the good mood around the place, everyone seems to be in a better mood since I let it and its probably more down to the fact is christmas time, we got a good point at arsenal and we're top of the league.

Anyway, agree with most of the points above.

Have a lovely christmas and a happy new year.

Be honest, you only came back on because you need tickets for Preston didn't you?