You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I've been doing a night course and all the women are around my age give or take, and it's depressing as fuck.

When i was a youngster the calibre of booh-yah hotties on a college course was top drawer, now it's like being surrounded by melted Wellington boots.

A course of Bisexual women sounds great.

4 hours ago, Stouffer said:

Spent 2 minutes on a bouncy castle yesterday and now my thighs ache and my right knee is fucked.

I attempted some “pace” bowling at a pre season net nearly 4 weeks ago. Has flared the knee arthritis up, still not right early a month later.

I’ll not be doing that again 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Sad news. a friend of mine from my days of living in cheltenham literally dropped dead at 47. I don't think it was the jazz festivals fault and he died in his brothers arms.

That is sad. 47 is no age. I feel for his brother for what must between a terrible experience.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Sad news. a friend of mine from my days of living in cheltenham literally dropped dead at 47. I don't think it was the jazz festivals fault and he died in his brothers arms.

That’s a shocker. Awful news.

• Upvote 1

On 06/05/2024 at 17:14, Bjornebye said:

Just been very nearly caught short on Walkers playing fields. Thought I might have had to go in the bush. Walked the dog up there felt fine, next thing my stomach abruptly informed me that I’ve not got long until my pipes gonna burst and I’m gonna full on shit everywhere. Had to ring my bird to come and pick us up. Jesus christ other than food poisoning in Egypt I’ve never felt like that, that bad anyway. Sweating like fuck. 

Anyway, I’ve made it to the bog. 

How’s your bank holiday Monday?

Occupational hazard when I was driving around North Wales and surrounding areas we always kept an emergency pack of toilet rolls and wet wipes tucked discreetly out of sight for those times when we were miles from civilisation,  an empty  green tote we delivered the stock in doubled up as the Rees Mogg 2.0 Armitage Shanks portable shit Station 

Fuck knows how it got that name but it was very apt. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Occupational hazard when I was driving around North Wales and surrounding areas we always kept an emergency pack of toilet rolls and wet wipes tucked discreetly out of sight for those times when we were miles from civilisation,  an empty  green tote we delivered the stock in doubled up as the Rees Mogg 2.0 Armitage Shanks portable shit Station 

Fuck knows how it got that name but it was very apt. 

Hahahaha

On 06/05/2024 at 17:14, Bjornebye said:

Just been very nearly caught short on Walkers playing fields. Thought I might have had to go in the bush. Walked the dog up there felt fine, next thing my stomach abruptly informed me that I’ve not got long until my pipes gonna burst and I’m gonna full on shit everywhere. Had to ring my bird to come and pick us up. Jesus christ other than food poisoning in Egypt I’ve never felt like that, that bad anyway. Sweating like fuck. 

Anyway, I’ve made it to the bog. 

How’s your bank holiday Monday?

IBS definitely made me feel behave in a bit more of a mature and considered manner.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

IBS definitely made me feel behave in a bit more of a mature and considered manner.

Not sure I’ve got that mate but if it happens again I know to stand still and call for help 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not sure I’ve got that mate but if it happens again I know to stand still and call for help 

Currently having hypnotherapy for mine, having exhausted pretty much all other avenues. I really want it to work (obviously), so I am trying hard to lean into it, but I really feel like bursting out laughing and telling the daft cunt to reign it in!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Currently having hypnotherapy for mine, having exhausted pretty much all other avenues. I really want it to work (obviously), so I am trying hard to lean into it, but I really feel like bursting out laughing and telling the daft cunt to reign it in!

Haha. Good luck. Don’t shit his chair 

16 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Awful news! 47. His poor brother

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2024 at 13:36, Spy Bee said:

Has the hypnotherapy helped at all?

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Has the hypnotherapy helped at all?

I'm 3 out of 5 sessions in, but yes it's starting to make a difference.

The clinical evidence for it is significant and it's currently on the NHS pathway, but they don't have hardly any hypnotherapists that they can refer you too.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm 3 out of 5 sessions in, but yes it's starting to make a difference.

The clinical evidence for it is significant and it's currently on the NHS pathway, but they don't have hardly any hypnotherapists that they can refer you too.

I have been offered it but I just can't ever imagine it helping me. I'm very much at the severe end of the problem too.