You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

StevieH

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2008/09/20/mickey-thomas-has-car-stolen-near-anfield-55578-21859715/FORMER Wales and Manchester United legend Mickey Thomas last night appealed for the return of his car which was stolen near Anfield.

The metallic red Volvo was pinched from a street near the stadium as Liverpool were playing Man Utd last Saturday.

It still hasn’t come to light and Mickey, a Daily Post columnist, is appealing for anyone who knows its whereabouts to tell police.

Mickey, 54, said: “I was working for a radio station. I parked the car 150 yards from the ground in Sybil Road in Anfield at 10am. It was a lovely, sunny day.”

“I went inside the stadium to comment on the match which Liverpool won 2-1. I came back and I thought I was in the wrong place.

“Then I thought it had been towed away – then I realised it had been stolen.

“There were lots of police and people about and I was surprised it had gone.

“I was a former Manchester United player, stuck in the middle of Anfield and trying to get home. It was a bit of a nightmare.”

He returned to the stadium to report the theft and phoned a friend, former insurance expert Sean Walsh to come and get him which he did – in his swanky Aston Martin car.

Mickey said while he was in the ground awaiting Sean’s arrival, Liverpool FC staff gave him some welcome tea and sympathy.

“The staff were very nice to me and gave me a cup of tea. Mind you, their team had just won the game. I’m not sure what they would have been like if United had won! But I got a lift home in an Aston Martin so it wasn’t all bad,” added Mickey.

Mickey, from Mochdre near Colwyn Bay, urged anyone with information about the theft of his car to contact police so he can get it back.

On the match itself, the ex-midfielder called the defeat a ‘one-off’.

“It’s four years since Liverpool beat United. It was a one-off but their fans were celebrating as if they’d won the World Cup.”

The theft came to light as the veteran star prepared to sign copies of his autobiography in Llandudno’s Waterstone’s today at 11am.

The £18.99 book, entitled Kickups, Hiccups, Lockups: The Autobiography, charts the amazing ups and downs of Mickey’s on and off the pitch fortunes.

It covers his spell in jail, his brush with the law through forgery and assault, his career with Wrexham, Manchester United, Everton, Wales and his famous FA Cup goal against Arsenal.

Perhaps his finest hour though – at least from a North Wales perspective – was a wonder goal for Wrexham to help knock holders Arsenal out of the FA Cup in 1992.

Mickey said his autobiography took six months to write and he admits he did need a helping hand for some passages from his old Llandudno pal Joey Jones.

A crew from S4C’s Sgorio programme is making a documentary about Mickey Thomas and will also be at the book signing.

Mickey said was he was “chuffed” to be voted fifth best footballer in the recent Daily Post poll behind winner Ian Rush.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2008/09/20/mickey-thomas-has-car-stolen-near-anfield-55578-21859715/FORMER Wales and Manchester United legend Mickey Thomas last night appealed for the return of his car which was stolen near Anfield.

The metallic red Volvo was pinched from a street near the stadium as Liverpool were playing Man Utd last Saturday.

It still hasn’t come to light and Mickey, a Daily Post columnist, is appealing for anyone who knows its whereabouts to tell police.

Mickey, 54, said: “I was working for a radio station. I parked the car 150 yards from the ground in Sybil Road in Anfield at 10am. It was a lovely, sunny day.”

“I went inside the stadium to comment on the match which Liverpool won 2-1. I came back and I thought I was in the wrong place.

“Then I thought it had been towed away – then I realised it had been stolen.

“There were lots of police and people about and I was surprised it had gone.

“I was a former Manchester United player, stuck in the middle of Anfield and trying to get home. It was a bit of a nightmare.”

He returned to the stadium to report the theft and phoned a friend, former insurance expert Sean Walsh to come and get him which he did – in his swanky Aston Martin car.

Mickey said while he was in the ground awaiting Sean’s arrival, Liverpool FC staff gave him some welcome tea and sympathy.

“The staff were very nice to me and gave me a cup of tea. Mind you, their team had just won the game. I’m not sure what they would have been like if United had won! But I got a lift home in an Aston Martin so it wasn’t all bad,” added Mickey.

Mickey, from Mochdre near Colwyn Bay, urged anyone with information about the theft of his car to contact police so he can get it back.

“It’s four years since Liverpool beat United. It was a one-off but their fans were celebrating as if they’d won the World Cup.”

The theft came to light as the veteran star prepared to sign copies of his autobiography in Llandudno’s Waterstone’s today at 11am.

The £18.99 book, entitled Kickups, Hiccups, Lockups: The Autobiography, charts the amazing ups and downs of Mickey’s on and off the pitch fortunes.

It covers his spell in jail, his brush with the law through forgery and assault, his career with Wrexham, Manchester United, Everton, Wales and his famous FA Cup goal against Arsenal.

Perhaps his finest hour though – at least from a North Wales perspective – was a wonder goal for Wrexham to help knock holders Arsenal out of the FA Cup in 1992.

Mickey said his autobiography took six months to write and he admits he did need a helping hand for some passages from his old Llandudno pal Joey Jones.

A crew from S4C’s Sgorio programme is making a documentary about Mickey Thomas and will also be at the book signing.

Mickey said was he was “chuffed” to be voted fifth best footballer in the recent Daily Post poll behind winner Ian Rush.

Those durrr'eh robbin' Scousohs!

I read upto that bit and refuse to read any further, that's unreal! Respect for your elders and all, but for fucks sake, it's a bit fucked up that he came out with that.

Silly old tit. These people....I've been up all night and have just had a lager and a red bull and vodka, so I'll try not to rant too much, but : We celebrated like we'd won the world cup? Well, maybe, yeah, but it wasn't all about us beating Man Utd like it was some fluke. It was maybe because we saw what our Reds are capable of. We're again living upto our potential of being one of the best teams in the world if we keep it up, and also, maybe Man Utd are just a bit shite nowadays without Ladyboy.

All this talk about who's gonna be dropping out of the top 4, well once Ronnie has fucked off to Madrid and Fergie has finally had enough, it's probably gonne be time for the curtains to be drawn on their era. The other teams are just too good to be continually knocked back. Then maybe it won't be a fucking one off when they get outdone up and down the pitch and lose.

Anfield really is a shithole though.

I used to work about 100 yards away from the stadium sometimes and we'd host events there, we've had whole families beaten up in broad daylight on a Sunday, cars stolen, and one bloke came out of a meeting in the early afternoon to find an iron girder had been shoved through his car window. Nothing stolen, just shoved through.

Another time, a fella who was visiting us was asked for the time in the street, and as he looked at his watch someone else came up behind him and nicked his briefcase. All of this shit happened between the hours of 9am and 7pm.

I've never worked in a place like it, if it wasn't tied down someone would nick it, and if they couldn't nick it they'd destroy it.

Tough titty! It was most probably a piece of crap anyway like he's fivers and it will be another humours story to tell on Shitty AM some time.Celebrating like it's the World Cup, arsehole.I don't seem to remember the scummy mancs giving a nice warm applause when they've won and just skipping home.It's normally going fucking mental with that inbred cunt Neville racing up to us waving two fingers,knob. Hope he finds the car burnt down to the wheel rims.

Are you taking the Mickey? Former United star embarrassed by Anfield loss | Mail Online

Are you taking the Mickey? Former United star embarrassed by Anfield loss

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 2:31 PM on 25th September 2008

Former Manchester United star Mickey Thomas was left red-faced after his latest trip to Anfield.

After watching the Red Devils lose to bitter rivals Liverpool, the Welshman could not locate his new £40,000 Volvo.

Fearing the worst after parking in a side street near the ground, Thomas reported the theft to Merseyside police and caught a lift home with friends.

Five days later, an officer phoned with an update.

Thomas said: 'He told me: 'We've found your car, Mickey. There is no damage, no smashed window and not even an extra mileage on it. In fact, it was parked on the next street along from where you reported it stolen.' I felt so embarrassed but the policeman laughed and said he couldn't believe the car had lasted there so long without being touched.'