You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Ngog

StevieH

what the fuck is wrong with some of you people? the kid is 19 years old and cost us virtually nothing. did he look very good today? not particularly up against two very experienced and physically imposing centre backs. but there was a flash or two of some true skill in there that leads me to believe he can play a little bit

we've got kids in the reserves that are his age that haven't had a sniff of the first team and this kid is playing a premier league match. did you really expect him to be top drawer straight out of the gate?

why do all players have to be judged a success or a failure instantly? as if half a season for a teenager is enough to tell whether he's shit or not?

give the kid a break, let him evolve and grow as a player before we decide he's shit. a certain sinama pongolle was labelled a flop yet he goes to spain gets a decent run of games and develops into a fairly decent player. cost us something like 3 million. and i tell you i'd have him as a squad player right now. whos to say that ngog won't do the same?

Have to agree with that. In my post last night I asked if he was still on when Alonso came on would he have done better. I felt he had a lot of ball in the first half either played to him overhead or slightly out of his reach. On one or two occasions when he got better service he should some neat touches.

Don't know if anyone shares my opinion but I think he could be usefull as a sub with 20 mins to go bring him on, push him straight up as a striking partner to Torres. His pace could be very usefull.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the fuck is wrong with some of you people? the kid is 19 years old and cost us virtually nothing. did he look very good today? not particularly up against two very experienced and physically imposing centre backs. but there was a flash or two of some true skill in there that leads me to believe he can play a little bit

we've got kids in the reserves that are his age that haven't had a sniff of the first team and this kid is playing a premier league match. did you really expect him to be top drawer straight out of the gate?

why do all players have to be judged a success or a failure instantly? as if half a season for a teenager is enough to tell whether he's shit or not?

give the kid a break, let him evolve and grow as a player before we decide he's shit. a certain sinama pongolle was labelled a flop yet he goes to spain gets a decent run of games and develops into a fairly decent player. cost us something like 3 million. and i tell you i'd have him as a squad player right now. whos to say that ngog won't do the same?

Cost virtualy fuck all? Didn't he cost 1.5 million? That might be fuck all too you but when the clubs in the financial state it is I see that as nothing more than a waste of money.

And what was his record in France, 1 goal in 18 games or something stupid? I mean what's the fucking point, the kid's never going to make it here.

Yet another pointless signing and yet more money down the drain.

It's called man management, apparently our manager doesn't believe in it.

Maybe he should have applied a little of that to the two far superior strikers he's sold in the last 8 month's (Crouch and Keane), then we wouldn't be having to field second raters like N'gog in crucial premier league matches.

Don't see what he's got that nemeth hasn't.

I said in the summer that this could be a pointless signing and hinder Nemeth's progress. It's a season in the first team squad, even sitting on the bench, Nemeth could have done with.

Why is so much favouritism shown towards nemeth? If he has a stinker is he going to be one of those players that is exempt from criticism?

People want to give youth a chance but only the ones they have as a favourite or have decided are good enough. I find it strange.

I would start Voronin ahead of both of them as they are both raw and shouldn't really be used in a title run in imo especially as some fans want rafa's head if we come up short.

Don't see what he's got that nemeth hasn't.

I said in the summer that this could be a pointless signing and hinder Nemeth's progress. It's a season in the first team squad, even sitting on the bench, Nemeth could have done with.

Nemeth and N'Gog play entirely different roles. Nemeth plays deeper in the SG role, N'Gog leads the line a la Torres.