You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you like about David Cameron, his team and their policies (apart from not being Gordon Brown, that is)? I'm genuinely interested as I just cannot see any appeal in him whatsoever.

No appeal whats so ever, and I am considered to be in their target audience.

Why vote for Eaton educated delusional dumb wits who are a product of selective breeding. Like it or not their is no choice but to spoil your ballot until the Labour right wake up and smell the coffee.

No appeal whats so ever, and I am considered to be in their target audience.

Why vote for Eaton educated delusional dumb wits who are a product of selective breeding. Like it or not their is no choice but to spoil your ballot until the Labour right wake up and smell the coffee.

The selective breeding comment is the nail on the head for me, pampered privaliged dimwits.

My policy toward voting always has and always will be: vote for the ones that have got the most chance of keeping the Tories out. At the moment it's the Reds (alas not the Mighty ones we know and love) but if it looks like the Yellows stood a chance I'd change.

This hasn't answered your question, Paul. Sorry.

He's an alternative to a faltering party; that's why he's popular.

As I hinted in the opening post, I suspect that's all there is to it and if that's the case, he won't win the next general election. However, I just wanted to see if anyone could give me any more insight into his appeal.

Could you give us some examples of his brilliance other than standing back and doing nothing as the Labour party hits a backlash?

not that you could really call it brilliant, but he has stopped the internal tory squabbling from being played out in public and got them to be a party focused on trying to win votes rather than win arguements with each other.

Its Pragmatism over ideology and it exactly what Tony Blair did when he won the labour party leadership. Labour had been out of power so long they either learned to kept their mouths shut or threw away cherished beliefs in order to try and get elected.

Ok here goes.

1. Refuses to meet with George W. Bush despite 2 requests as he wants UK to set "our own agenda".

2. Increasing the inheritence tax threshold to £1m - great given how much houses are worth these days for example.

3. Empathasing the environment and climate change. Something that was never on previous Tory agendas.

4. Pushed and pressured Brown to reduce on Corporation Tax.

5. Brown copied Cameron's proposal to have a security council a bit like the American homeland security - something proposed a year before by Tories.

6. The same goes for the single borders police force - a Tory idea.

7. Cannabis - finally the downgrading has been reversed - under pressure from the Tories who are the only part tough on drugs.

8. The conservatives have a very talented front bench including Hague, Davis, Gove, Fox, Hunt, Lansley, Strathclyde, Herbert and Letwin.

9. The emphasis on family values and reward for those within it is a policy aimed improving our social fabric away from the black hole we are heading to.

10. His backing of Boris Johnson was a masterstroke that worked. Cameron's ideas and indeed Boris's on London are superb especially on crime.

11. Lastly, it is only a Tory government that can trusted in security and crime.

Ok here goes.

1. Refuses to meet with George W. Bush despite 2 requests as he wants UK to set "our own agenda".

2. Increasing the inheritence tax threshold to £1m - great given how much houses are worth these days for example.

3. Empathasing the environment and climate change. Something that was never on previous Tory agendas.

5. Brown copied Cameron's proposal to have a security council a bit like the American homeland security - something proposed a year before by Tories.

7. Cannabis - finally the downgrading has been reversed - under pressure from the Tories who are the only part tough on drugs.

8. The conservatives have a very talented front bench including Hague, Davis, Gove, Fox, Hunt, Lansley, Strathclyde, Herbert and Letwin.

9. The emphasis on family values and reward for those within it is a policy aimed improving our social fabric away from the black hole we are heading to.

10. His backing of Boris Johnson was a masterstroke that worked. Cameron's ideas and indeed Boris's on London are superb especially on crime.

11. Lastly, it is only a Tory government that can trusted in security and crime.

1 million £ inheritance tax , great which sector do you think will benefit from that Rash ?

Climate change , the tories ? what , less cigars ?

Family values and boris johnson in the same post?

Erm mistress ring any bells ?

Rashid , you selfish boy , the only people who prosper undet the tories are the wealthy or the upwardly mobile , i assume you come into the latter category.

1 million £ inheritance tax , great which sector do you think will benefit from that Rash ?

Climate change , the tories ? what , less cigars ?

Family values and boris johnson in the same post?

Erm mistress ring any bells ?

Rashid , you selfish boy , the only people who prosper undet the tories are the wealthy or the upwardly mobile , i assume you come into the latter category.

Elvis

thanks for reminding me why I have soft lad on ignore.

Ok here goes.

Nice one for the detailed response mate. Cameron's appeal has genuinely bemused me, but I can see from your post what many people see in him. I suppose he is appealling to the traditionally Tory financially selfish instinct, but also trying to negate the idea that Tories are socially indifferent.

Are you seriously puzzled by this, Paul? People are going to vote Tory at the next election for the same reason they voted Tory throughout the 80s, and for generations beforehand - because they think they'll personally get wealthier as a result.

PS Surely only people who live in London have the right to comment on whether or not Boris Johnson's good for the city?