You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Nick

Would you field your reserves and purposely lose against Romania

Its a no brainer for me to take out two potential winners of this competition especially teams who know how not to concede when it gets to a knock out stage

Anyone got a problem with Van Basten and Holland not turning up for the next game

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you field your reserves and purposely lose against Romania

Its a no brainer for me to take out two potential winners of this competition especially teams who know how not to concede when it gets to a knock out stage

Anyone got a problem with Van Basten and Holland not turning up for the next game

Yes.

No.

I would field a second strength side. Asking a team to lose on purpose is just unethical and would destroy football. Holland will still win. Im gutted ive not seen Huntelaar play as hes a player Ive always wanted here.

Fuck! I just put a bet on Holland. :sniff:

Van Basten will put out the second team but they are good enough to win. Technically Robben, Huntelaar and Van Persie have been the second team in this tournie, that right there should get goals. Whether or not they play to win is another thing!

Nick, If I were Van Basten I wouldn't tell you a God damn thing you, fruit loop. I'd be wondering why this little Asian kid keeps pointing his willy at me and asking if I've heard any rumours about Quaresma

I'd rep you gayboy but I'm out of reppage.

So you moralistic sons of bitches are telling me if LFC were in a CL group of

LFC

BOAVISTA

MAN UTD

CHELSEA

and by letting Boavista win at anfield we´d put Chelsea and Manu out that you would want us to try our best in that game

Just to add Hollands goal is to win the tournament and by losing they could take world cup winners and finalists out in one hit

So you moralistic sons of bitches are telling me if LFC were in a CL group of

LFC

BOAVISTA

MAN UTD

CHELSEA

and by letting Boavista win at anfield we´d put Chelsea and Manu out that you would want us to try our best in that game

Just to add Hollands goal is to win the tournament and by losing they could take world cup winners and finalists out in one hit

Totally different scenario though Nick.

You remind me of a mate, he says stuff like 'who'd win in a fight between a monkey and a dog' you say what you think and he adds something in like, 'well the monkey has a gun'

If either France or Italy creep through they will be a major threat to Holland in the latter stages. Holland migh have hamered both of them but in a knock-out game both the Italians and French have greater nerve than the Dutch. Van Basten should do his team a favour and field the reserves against Romania. They will lose (although not purposely, Romania are a good team that would beat most reserve international teams) and Italy and the frogs will go home. Everybody's happy.

what would the French or the Italians do? Hmm, lemme think about this one for a minute. The only country who'd be stupid enough in this position to even try and win are, err, England. I'd love it if the Dutch started scoring own goals and doing big slapstick "whhooops!!" expressions.