You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Selling Kuyt

KevieG

Yes, good call and bring in the super hardworking and honest as the day is long Brian McBride , he might be mainly shit but that lad will stick his head on the end of a boot full of studs and get up for more.

Forget Torres and his skills, hard grafting and putting in the miles is what appeals to the more cultured lfc superfan these days:whistle:

You do realise that Kuyt doesn't just run about a bit, don't you? It's not like there's a queue of players who can all do what he does because it's just a bit of running. He has a physical capacity virtually unmatched in the game, so it's not just a bit of hard work.

He might not be Torres for ability with the ball but he's no pub player. The variety and range of his goals and assists whilst he's been here are a testament to that.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kuyt is a lot better than brian mcbride, though. is a proven goalscorer in european football, and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the game and is a regualr for one of the best international teams around.

maybe the likes of benitez and van basten just don't know what they're doing.

I don't think he is a regular for The Netherlands actually. And Van Basten has taken Mario Melchiot with him to the tournament so I wouldn't be using him as your star witness for the defense.

When is Kuyt left out of the Dutch squad? I seem to recall him playing in the last major tournament for them as well.

I don't think he is a regular for The Netherlands actually. And Van Basten has taken Mario Melchiot with him to the tournament so I wouldn't be using him as your star witness for the defense.

Holland lack quality defenders, though. In attacking positions such as wingers and strikers they have an abundance of talent Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Huntelaar, Babel, Robben, Sneijder.

You do realise that Kuyt doesn't just run about a bit, don't you? It's not like there's a queue of players who can all do what he does because it's just a bit of running. He has a physical capacity virtually unmatched in the game, so it's not just a bit of hard work.

He might not be Torres for ability with the ball but he's no pub player. The variety and range of his goals and assists whilst he's been here are a testament to that.

No Stu, Kuyt is just the Dutch Haile Gabrisalassi.

FACT!

I think he is a good enough player with those qualities you mentioned, but i think he is all wrong for that position. Sissoko had even greater physical capabilities and he was sold to improve the team as a better option became available.

kuyt is a lot better than brian mcbride, though. is a proven goalscorer in european football, and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the game and is a regualr for one of the best international teams around.

maybe the likes of benitez and van basten just don't know what they're doing.

for fucks sake.

I think he is a good enough player with those qualities you mentioned, but i think he is all wrong for that position. Sissoko had even greater physical capabilities and he was sold to improve the team as a better option became available.

Kuyt and Sissoko have a similar engine but Kuyt has to be one of the strongest players in our squad. His overall physique is quite shockingly large for a footballer. He's also quite a jumper.

He has to eat like 7,000 calories a day to keep that amount of muscle mass with the amount of running he does...

and quite frankly, his performances since he started playing in that position shows that you are totally incorrect.

Kuyt and Sissoko have a similar engine but Kuyt has to be one of the strongest players in our squad. His overall physique is quite shockingly large for a footballer. He's also quite a jumper.

He has to eat like 7,000 calories a day to keep that amount of muscle mass with the amount of running he does...

and quite frankly, his performances since he started playing in that position shows that you are totally incorrect.

"In every real man a [Kuyt] is hidden that wants to play."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

kuyt-the-sun.1171881427.jpg250px-Ubermensch2.jpg

I think he's a very good option for that position and I think he proved that in the last two or three months of the season. I also think that the ability, attitude and determination he has make him great value at £10m. I'd now be looking at a player who can go past people, and maybe also has a little more of the out of the blue element to him, to compete with Kuyt and Babel for those two wider positions. Kuyt is a player most managers would dream of having as he'll still work his bollocks off if he gets pushed out of the side.

At worst he'd be a great squad player, selling him would be lunacy in my eyes.

I think he's a very good option for that position and I think he proved that in the last two or three months of the season. I also think that the ability, attitude and determination he has make him great value at £10m. I'd now be looking at a player who can go past people, and maybe also has a little more of the out of the blue element to him, to compete with Kuyt and Babel for those two wider positions. Kuyt is a player most managers would dream of having as he'll still work his bollocks off if he gets pushed out of the side.

See, that's a good post, well reasoned and i can take that on board.

I disagree with it given our finanical circumstances and the needs of the first team(which was what the thread was about), but I take your point about his good qualities which I have acknowledged a few times.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Dirk.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
if you don't like dirk you have no soul.

i love the odd fanny merchant as much as the next man, but players like dirka are the real inspiration to genuine fans of the game.

Why are you so keen on him them?

And his name is Dirk, not Dirka you fucking inbred

some people: Philly, Paul, etc

Have not, and will not forgive Kuyt for playing poorly after his father died.

1. That's not my opinion - why are you stating that it is?

2. I've never mentioned his father.

3. I've never seen Dirk as one of our top players at any stage of his time with us.

4. I agree with much of what Stu wrote - which is why I said I wouldn't sell him for less than £10m.

What happens if Impact Signing (I'm assuming he's a forward) gets seriously injured and you've got rid of Kuyt, Voronin, Crouch and Pennant?

The same thing as will happen if Gerrard or Torres gets injured, I suppose - we'll have to cope. However, to have the possibility of having a player of that quality in the team is well worth any risk like that. I can't believe there's any argument against the fact that the team needs more top class atacking players. If money is tight, sacrifices will have to made in order to get them. Sacrificing Dirk - at the price I mentioned - is one I'd be prepared to make (and also one that makes far more sense to me than sacrificing Xabi to buy Barry).

Or one of any of another hundred players that have missed a decent chance possibly? Heskey has never scored the volume of goals that Kuyt has and never will.

We can only compare their record in the premiership because heskey has never played in the dutch league. In the premiership playing for us heskey scored over 20 goals in one season. Now i'm not saying that kuyt isn't better than heskey but the fact is heskey has scored more goals and ive seen heskey TERRORISE and DESTROY a team on his day....we've never seen that from kuyt.