You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chinese takeaways..

Stouffer

Chineese is quite often some really mediocre shit. I love the starters, with the picking and the sharing, but the main courses manage to hit levels of bland that very few of our foreign brothers manage to achieve in their offerings from afar.

It'll be a tranquil day in Chiapas before I'd pick a Chineese over an Indian.

Chinese food in China (well Beijing anyway, and since our chinoise brethren over here are mostly Cantonese, that probably explains it) bears no resemblance to anything I've had over here. Some is far better, some's quite frankly horrifying (lamb's face, complete with cheek meat on one side and skull and brain on the other, was a notable entry into the hall of shame) but the variety is stunning, and they do one hell of a tasty cornucopia of veggie stuff. They do some ace things with fish curries, whole roast duck (there's a centuries old tradition and ceremony to eating Peking duck, with an expert chef carving it in exact order for you - crispy skin dipped in sugar first, slices of breast with hoisin next, and various other bits and pieces, then you get the carcass to take home and make into an ace duck and spring onion soup) and lamb.

Chinese over here is usually either bland as fuck or sweet as fuck, but I'm willing to bet a hunderd shillings that they don't eat that sheeit at home.

Plus I can't fucking stand the term Chinky.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate's mum and dad own a Chinese take away, and he works there occasionally. I always get either free food from there or a massive discount. The most I've ever paid is £2, no matter how much I order.

The downside is that I don't like going to much incase they think I'm being cheeky and only going to get free/cheap food. I don't go for that reason as the food is ace and I'd go anyway, the cheapness is just a bonus.

Unfortunately, said parents are in the process of selling up so I'll have to start paying full prices again soon. Gutted.

We rarely go out these days and so we'll often get a Chinese on Fri night. We get a dinner for two that includes:

Crispy duck, pancakes, hoi sin sauce

Special Fried Rice

Beef Mushroom in black bean sauce

Sweet and sour chicken, cantonese style

Prawn Crackers

It is delicious. Occasionally we vary it (what exciting lives we lead!) but we always come back to the above.

Hot n Sour gloop-soup ( seafood/prawns removed to order)

Prawn Crackers

Crispy Chilli Beef in spicy sauce with boiled rice ( no onions)

Beef Chow Mein ( generally to share)

Extra portion rice ( fried with the BCM)

Jockeys

Massive glass of Cola'd Coke with all sorts of ice.

As often as humanly possible from the Teagather Cafe, on Myrtle Street, Chung Ku on Riverside Drive or the boss one in West Derby Vill, depending on craving location.

Oh aye.

• 10 months later...

An hour or less so ago, I manage to negotiate a deal.

They let me have a King Prawn Chow Mein (as a usual main), two prawn balls, two pork balls, 2 pieces of prawn sesame toast and one chicken satay. All for six quid fifty. Not bad considering they do not usually do such a package. I am king of negotiation.

Woot Woot.

The good lady bought one of these 'Chinese Food Made Easy' books that I believe was a Televisual programme at some point. We've made some absolutely ace stuff out of it. I don't think I've had a Chinese Takeaway since posting in this thread nearly a year ago; it may well be a year since I've eaten any other takeaway than from the Chippy.

I want Chinese food now.

..are the best; even better than kebaps.

Salt and pepper chicken wings for starter then special fried rice (mmm), chips (mmm) and an extra portion of gravy.

Chinese kicks fucking arses.

And all washed down with a nice can of Heineken.

What about it you fucking fuckers?

Any talk of other take-aways will result in posts edited and users killed.

PS. Fuckers.

I have just had a Chinese.

I've just ordered this exact meal in homage to this sexy bastard. I was going to cook some sausage and beans or some shit, but I thought nah - Stouffer knows.

Badly want a chinese now. By far and away the best choice of takeaway. Anything with roast duck for me, It gives me a throbbing stonker in my Calvin Kleins. Best one back home, IMO, is the Golden Palace in Hoylake. Bit of a drive out the way for me but well worth it. Absolutely immense.

Hot and Sour Soup

Roast Duck Cantonese

Fried Rice

Chips

Gravy on the side of your plate near the chips

Lots of cold continental beer

Food of Gods.

I've just ordered this exact meal in homage to this sexy bastard. I was going to cook some sausage and beans or some shit, but I thought nah - Stouffer knows.

Just ordered the exact same meal in homage to Section homaging me.

You heard.

Japan is where it's at chaps and chapettes. I'll be sorting out a delivery order of Kare Katsu Chicken in a bit and I'll be enjoying the benefits of the accompanying bento box (featuring soup, fruit, nuts and other easily pickable bits).

If it's good enough for Samuri then it's good enough for me.

Japan is where it's at chaps and chapettes. I'll be sorting out a delivery order of Kare Katsu Chicken in a bit and I'll be enjoying the benefits of the accompanying bento box (featuring soup, fruit, nuts and other easily pickable bits).

I'm assuming you've also discovered the delights of Yakisoba on Barlow Moor Road?

Fuck you and fuck your Japanese food too.

Chinese food is where it's at.

Bruce Lee ate it.

EDIT: And that really tall Chinese dude, who's in the Guinness Book Of Records.

Edited by Woo