You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner

StevieH

Anfield boss Benitez has also agreed a fee for Switzerland right-back Philipp Degen and can now focus on the flanks.

He wants a left-winger and right-winger, and one target is Albert Riera, who yesterday demanded a move from Espanyol.

Benitez has been eyeing James Milner for the left flank, and will hope to complete a £10million deal for either man in the next few days.

Well the first sentence is wrong, and if we pay £10M for Milner, I'll give £50 to the site.

Great! I want him to sign even more now. By the way, I never lose anything in terms of money, see the bonus ball thread . . . .

Well Johnny Cochran's my lawyer, so if it goes to court, that chequebook of yours will come out...:laugh:

I'd rather pay £10M for Lee Carsley who is a free agent

Actually, if we signed him, it would save the £10M-15M we were going to spend on Gaz Baz.....:whistle:

Just saying like

The interest in Milner is real for fucks sake. Fuck off.

Liverpool offer unknown teen for Milner

Jun 7 2008 by Alan Oliver, Newcastle Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United are furious with Liverpool after they offered three “nonentities” in part-exchange for winger James Milner.

United have found themselves in an identical situation to Aston Villa when Martin O'Neill went ballistic after Rafael Benitez tried the same trick with them in a bid to lure Gareth Barry to Anfield.

O'Neill never went public with the players he was offered by Liverpool, but the Chronicle can reveal that Benitez has dangled 19-year-old defenders Emiliano Insua and Jack Hobbs in front of United.

The third player was so insignificant that my St James’s Park source could not even recall his name – and needless to say United will not be biting.

Insua is an Argentinian who was signed from Nobby Solano’s old club Boca Juniors, while Hobbs has been on loan at Scunthorpe since the January transfer window.

It’s not that long ago that Liverpool were trailing in the wake of a Sir Bobby Robson-inspired United, and the feeling at St James’s Park is that the Anfield club have a nerve to offer three players who are presumably surplus to requirements for Milner.

If Benitez had put Peter Crouch in the frame in part-exchange for their England Under-21 international, then United would at least have been prepared to listen.

Even Norwegian left-back John Arne Riise, whose Liverpool stock has slumped since his disastrous own goal against Chelsea in the semi-final of the Champions League at Anfield, would have brought a semblance of interest.

Riise is expected to leave Merseyside in the next month and it seemed a fair bet that Kevin Keegan could have been interested.

Keegan told me before the end of the season that with Spaniard Jose Enrique as his only left-back, he would be on the lookout for another one in the summer.

But that was before Keegan’s showdown meeting with Mike Ashley.

Indeed, all the talk among football agents is that if any transfer business is to be done with United, it will be done through director of football Dennis Wise and vice-president (player recruitment) Tony Jimenez and not the manager.

****MOST DEPRESSING THREAD OF THE SUMMER!****

Milner is worse than all our current players, including Kewell.

Rather have Voronin on the wing than that useless twat.

Or Leto or Hammill or Anderson or Bruna or Putterill!!

Not El Zhar though.:thumbup:

Still awaiting the "Rafa in £50m swoop for Villa, Young & Bentley" headline.

Oh pleeeeeease!!! Can't a man DREAM!!??

:no

There is more chance of Milner being a Liverpool player than not. He is definatly in negotiation for him that I can confirm. Whether he has offered those players I can't say.

But the state of the club and the non-financial transfer kitty is a massive worry. Buy,sell,Buy,sell and if your in credit at the end great.

Thanks DM

The interesting thing is Rafa seems quite happy with the situaton.

Obviously he knows what he has to spend and is cutting his cloth accordingly wheras last summer he was fustrated because he didnt know what he had to spend.

Obvously if he does sign Riera & Milner instead of one very good player He cant have any excuses he will have been give good money and chosen to spend it incorrecly.

Saying all of that lets see what happens

Its not even the interest in Milner that worries me, or the fact that we've bidded. Its the fact, we're that skint, we can't even afford to put a proper bid in for an average player. Absoloutely embarrassing. Not only that but why would we offer Insua? I don't see why we don't give the lad a chance.

Rafa's bought shed loads of young players, yet would willingly flog one of the better prospects, to finance a move for a player, even England wouldn't consider picking, when they've got the likes of Downing in the team, in his position. You look at the business the Mancs and Chelsea will be doing and thenlook at us and cringe.

The interesting thing is Rafa seems quite happy with the situaton.

Obviously he knows what he has to spend and is cutting his cloth accordingly wheras last summer he was fustrated because he didnt know what he had to spend.

Obvously if he does sign Riera & Milner instead of one very good player He cant have any excuses he will have been give good money and chosen to spend it incorrecly.

Saying all of that lets see what happens

Nah mate, i'd say he's resigned to it more than anything else, he knows he can't protest or he's out.

Its not even the interest in Milner that worries me, or the fact that we've bidded. Its the fact, we're that skint, we can't even afford to put a proper bid in for an average player. Absoloutely embarrassing. Not only that but why would we offer Insua? I don't see why we don't give the lad a chance.

Rafa's bought shed loads of young players, yet would willingly flog one of the better prospects, to finance a move for a player, even England wouldn't consider picking, when they've got the likes of Downing in the team, in his position. You look at the business the Mancs and Chelsea will be doing and thenlook at us and cringe.

Are you sure the article is true then?

Read the comments on here

Alan Oliver: Wide of the Mark - No. 2 & No. 3 » Newcastle United News & Views - Giving NUFC Fans a Voice

Tony Barrett he most definitely isn't. He's hated by his own.