You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner

StevieH

If you were Crouch, would you wanna join those cunts?

Even Newcastle would be more attactive than Villa.

Villa along with Everton and Spurs are the best of the rest. He would thrive in a front 3 alongside Abonghlohor and Young. He is on record as saying that he loved it at Villa.

Villa along with Everton and Spurs are the best of the rest. He would thrive in a front 3 alongside Abonghlohor and Young. He is on record as saying that he loved it at Villa.

He'd thrive alongside Defoe too I would think

£20m plus what he can raise.

Not wishing to have a go like, but you seem confident that the manager is getting 20 million + sales. Why? I thought he spent that 20 million on Mascherano and Skrtl. I hope you can explain your reasoning ATK.

We may be short of cash for transfers this summer but there is no fucking excuse trying to sign Milner. We will be better off putting the money away in the bank.

I hope the article is shite but I will be fucking fuming if we gave away Insua for fucking Milner.

Spot on. We seem to be of the mentality we should spend on just about anyone. That is not acceptable. Far better to keep what we have in the circumstances and save the money for Q_U_A_L_I_T_Y players.

Because that is what he has been told. Mascherano was £17m including his wages paid over 5 years.

So if Mascherano is on £60K a week which is about right for a player of his stature it would be £15.6m over 5 years. So Mascherano was sold by Kia Joorabchian for £1.4m?

Some of you really need to engage the brain a bit better.

Mascherano cost £17m plus wages.

Rashid, do you not see how foolish you look arguing that something you have no knowledge of is a fact?

As much as I'll generally take the opposite stance to ATK on any topic in the world, have you considered that maybe he has heard this information from someone who knows the score?

Your so wrong Rashid it is beyond belief. The Mascherano deal was £17m including wages over 5 years.

He is on nothing like that, but you believe what you like.

Ok so if he is on £30K which is less than what Riise is on as we know from his wage slip that was found that he is on £35K - it will mean Mascherano cost us £8m in wages and £9m in a transfer fees. In an era when Hargreaves was sold for £18m I am sure Kia (who knows about football player values) would have given us a £10m discount out of the goodness of his heart.

Rashid, do you not see how foolish you look arguing that something you have no knowledge of is a fact?

As much as I'll generally take the opposite stance to ATK on any topic in the world, have you considered that maybe he has heard this information from someone who knows the score?

I am arguing for common sense to prevail - see my post above. If Mascherano was on less than Riise we would still be getting a £10m discount off Kia who of course is renouned for being generous.

:smile:

Guest PaddyBerger15

Plus, at the time we tied up the deal, all the indications were that the solids were about to hit the air conditioning as far as 3rd party ownership in football was concerned. It made sense for people like Koorabchian to take what they could get before it was taken off them by FIFA.

Plus, at the time we tied up the deal, all the indications were that the solids were about to hit the air conditioning as far as 3rd party ownership in football was concerned. It made sense for people like Koorabchian to take what they could get before it was taken off them by FIFA.

You lot are not being rational. Tevez is on loan with a £25m bounty, you think if Fegie knew he could grab him for peanuts now he wouldn't? Come on lads...

Mascherano on wages less than Riise and a transfer fee of £8m - how many times a year is itr Christmas? Anyway agree to disagree.

It wouldn't have just been taken off them.

Third party ownership and part shares stretche throughout South American football and has been in Europe long before Tevez and Mascherano arrived.

FIFA may want to ban it but the likelyhood of policing it would be a nightmare for them.