You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner

StevieH

Guest PaddyBerger15

I get what you are saying Rash, and in theory I don't disagree, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. But people who are better informed than you and I, say thats the case.

The scenario that Cardie outlined above is also one that could and might fit all known facts and explain why the 17m includes wages.

I get what you are saying Rash, and in theory I don't disagree, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. But people who are better informed than you and I, say thats the case.

The scenario that Cardie outlined above is also one that could and might fit all known facts and explain why the 17m includes wages.

I just don't believe the in the know people on this mate unless like Cardie says there is no fee and he goes back to Kia or the money goes to Kia if we sell him.

Think about it mate, he would have to be on Riise wages and be bought for £8m for this to be true.

I'll leave it at that.

Your so wrong Rashid it is beyond belief. The Mascherano deal was £17m including wages over 5 years.

He is on nothing like that, but you believe what you like.

I don't know how much he's on a week - but the £17 million didn't include wages. Sorry.

I'm pretty sure Elisha Scott on YNWA has reiterated as much in the past.

Guest PaddyBerger15
It wouldn't have just been taken off them.

Third party ownership and part shares stretche throughout South American football and has been in Europe long before Tevez and Mascherano arrived.

FIFA may want to ban it but the likelyhood of policing it would be a nightmare for them.

Well yeah, that makes sense. This really isn't my area of expertise, so I take in what is said and try and make the most plausible solution from the mis and disinformation floating about.

If the skip was saying this to you would you be acting such a tit Rashid?

I'd not believe the skip either. As I said Stu, if he was on Riise wages it would mean he cost us £8m. Kia Joorbachian would sell for £8m with Barca also interested in one of Argentina's best players? Seriously?

I saw something, can't remember exactly where, but I mentioned it on here, before we got Mascherano on a permanent contract he was on £23 000 a week.

Dave, seriously, you think Mascherano is on less than Riise is? Crouch was on £25k a week at Southampton...

Rashid, do you not see how foolish you look arguing that something you have no knowledge of is a fact?

As much as I'll generally take the opposite stance to ATK on any topic in the world, have you considered that maybe he has heard this information from someone who knows the score?

This means we've now both independently stood up for atk in the last week.

Crazy fuckin' world.

Guest PaddyBerger15
@ Rashid's post - We had first option to sign him after the loan deal at a pre-arranged price I thought.

Thats how I remember it also, and wasn't the prearranged price 10m? If so, and if he is on around 25k per week, then that would account for the figure of 17m.

I guess the acid test is if he signs a new contract with us in the duration of the current one.

Guest thePoet

The only reason Rash is arguing this point is because it helps his "Rafas outspent the entire world net/gross and we're still shite" argument.

Guest PaddyBerger15

I have to say that I can't fault your reasoning and logic Rash. It does sound as though Koorabchian has done us a big one and he is hardly renowned for being altruistic is he?

Like I said, usually if it sounds too good to be true, then it is, BUT, if the prearranged price was 10m, and remember that The Chiefs stock was hardly that high after his stint at West Ham, and he is actually on 25-30k per week, then that fits the argument that atk puts forward.

There might be a number of reasons why he only cost that amount, the legality of actually owning another person probably being one, but you are, once again, arguing your balls off (in a really, really, smug, annoying way) when you aren't in possession of any facts.

People know people who know stuff. I'll usually go with that other than my own guesses.

I know fuck all me, but I heard that the fee included wages. I heard that ages ago before it was ever brought up on here, and I heard it from someone who usually knows what they're talking about.

Rash FFS give it up man, why not just let it drop instead of dragging threads out for hours on end?

Guest PaddyBerger15
The wages side is not down to Kia though is it?. And the Chief was desperate to stay, because his wife and child were settled and that meant more to him than money, he wanted the family settled. That's what I was told anyway

Yeah, thats true enough, I'm not disputing what you are saying, just trying to make sense of it in my own mind as much as anything, and thinking out loud. I agree that there are a number of reasons why the wages of 25k or thereabouts could be spot on. He had been parked over here at West Ham and it all went a bit tits up for Mascherano personally....with us 'rescuing' him and him feeling welcome and at home and settled here, I'm pretty sure he would have thought that we had done him a real favour.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Appologies PB15 did not mean to have ago it was just your post had Kia on etc

Yeah no worries, like I said, I'm not doubting what you said, far from it, just trying to make sense of it all really. I can see the rationale behind the 17m including wages over 5 years now.