You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres interview with Michael Robinson

sh#t waffle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely thoroughly enjoyed that from start to finish. Sat here with a smile on my face right the way through. Even Souness' bitter, ill informed, rant couldnt spoil it.

One thing that strikes you with the kid is that he seems totally genuine. When he says things, you know he means them. He isnt a mercianary (sp?). i love the way he always looks dead shy, even a little embarassed. You can see that on the pitch when he scores, none of this ronaldo/drogba arrogance, he faces the crowd for a couple of seconds with a shy grin, then turns to his team mates. The lads a fucking legend.

Anyone catch Torres farting into Graemes pint just after his "back in my day" speech? the guy is a leg-end!

He has a look on his face that screamed "shut the fuck up, you tool."

Absolutely fantastic viewing. Enjoyed every minute of it. I'm probably not alone in feeling this way but there are certain things you take for granted as a match going Liverpool fan like the singing of You'll Never Walk Alone before the match and the amount of fantastic players we've had down the years and the trophies we've won, but there are certain times when it's brought home just how privileged we are to be reds. Seeing Torres and Robonson in the dressing room, in the tunnel and on the pitch just brought it all home how special we are as a club.

Loved Nando's comment about hoping he's sitting on the side of table where Dalglish, Lee, Souness and Robinson were in a few years time.

seriously though, is there a more likeable fella in football today than torres, im 26, older then the fella, and i admire him like i admired players when i was only a kid, he`s the type of fella that still makes you dream you where a footballer, he doesnt play for the money, you see genuine, and honest passion for the sport, and passion for the club he`s playing for, and absolute solid fella id say,

if you could mould a player, you`d mould it on him, never mind the talent, as its clear for all to see he has it in abundance, but the way he conducts himself off of the pitch, the chap is an absolute credit

great interview that, fuck Souness, i still blame him for near 20 year slump, maybe if he had have rotated Julian dicks and Paul Stewart more often, we`d have been fine, but that argument is for another day

gotta love our spanish contingent, they conduct themselves better than most british players, so any of that "foreign players ruinign our game" is proven, with our players anyway, to be a complete pile of shite

seriously though, is there a more likeable fella in football today than torres, im 26, older then the fella, and i admire him like i admired players when i was only a kid, he`s the type of fella that still makes you dream you where a footballer, he doesnt play for the money, you see genuine, and honest passion for the sport, and passion for the club he`s playing for, and absolute solid fella id say,

if you could mould a player, you`d mould it on him, never mind the talent, as its clear for all to see he has it in abundance, but the way he conducts himself off of the pitch, the chap is an absolute credit

great interview that, fuck Souness, i still blame him for near 20 year slump, maybe if he had have rotated Julian dicks and Paul Stewart more often, we`d have been fine, but that argument is for another day

gotta love our spanish contingent, they conduct themselves better than most british players, so any of that "foreign players ruinign our game" is proven, with our players anyway, to be a complete pile of shite

too right mate

i was saying to a friend last christmas (when he was being linked to Chelsea i think), "Torres would love it at Liverpool, the fanbase is very similar and he seems like a genuine lad who wont be swayed by money"..

14 months on and it appears my views were justified! the lad screams class and i havent admired a striker so much since Fowler in his prime! My favourite player alongside Mascher and Carra right now..

too right mate

i was saying to a friend last christmas (when he was being linked to Chelsea i think), "Torres would love it at Liverpool, the fanbase is very similar and he seems like a genuine lad who wont be swayed by money"..

14 months on and it appears my views were justified! the lad screams class and i havent admired a striker so much since Fowler in his prime! My favourite player alongside Mascher and Carra right now..

im probably jumping on the bandwagon a bit, but i dont think ive admired a plater as much as torres since Fowler, and i was only 13 at that time, its great watching him play, you feel like a kid again

im probably jumping on the bandwagon a bit, but i dont think ive admired a plater as much as torres since Fowler, and i was only 13 at that time, its great watching him play, you feel like a kid again

same, as a young fan i was lucky enough just to catch Fowler in his prime so he has always stood out for me as a hero of mine. Owen never really reached those heights due to his attitude but Torres has impressed me no-end. A true class act and someone who you know will always have his feet firmly on the ground no matter how much the Media big him up

That was great viewing. Souness is a bit opinionated, but it's fair enough to let him have his say. I'm sure the others could have rebutted some of his views but they were respectful and let him speak.

I think Torres carries himself really well, and he comes across very eloquently. I couldn't be happier that he's here.

Good shout by whoever said Kenny for life president and Sammy Lee for coach.

Great shout out to (Alex) AnotherSpanishFan from RAWK for going through the time and effort in putting the clips up and adding subtitles to them.

I'm still waiting for that Usher (Sky Sports) rant clip to be posted up. TLW nerds need to hang their heads in shame.

kudos to whoever dug that out.

what a piece of journalistic aceness from Robinson, we are so lucky to be reds, its unreal.

A really classy piece.

Get Sammy Lee back in as the number two.

Souness is a bitter twat and thats why i dont listen to him anymore, what a fucking player though and thats all he should be remembered for.

Torres has started 22 of 28 games in the league (a further 3 as sub - so involved in all but 3 games). Ronaldo has started 22 (a further 2 as sub), Rooney 17.

but for me Torres should play every week, he doesn't play enough, neither does Gerrard.

Souness :wallbutt:

think he actually comes out with this shite to Keys with Redknapp next to him nodding!

Just watched that and I really enjoyed it. Absolutely brilliant piece of TV and a must for any Liverpool player to watch.

Souness was a bit daft with some of his comments but I agreed with the general gist of it, and as Weeksie said it did spark a good discussion about the resting of players.

Our team is starting to show signs of the sort of camaradarie that the team with Dalglish and Souness in had - i'm not for one minute comparing us to them in terms of ability etc, just making the point that continuity helps to build a real 'team'.

I was really impressed with Sammy Lee as well actually and his fluent Spanish is perfect for us at the moment - he would be top of the list for the assistant managers job in my eyes, if indeed Rafa wants one which i'm not even sure about.

Kenny was just Kenny - an absolute legend who is everything that this club stands for. Kudos to Robinson as wellm he's very respected over there and it's easy to see why.

I don't know about anyone else, but that piece just made me feel incredibly proud to be a red. We're all lucky to follow such a great institution.

P.S. Torres was alright as well ;-)

You know, I reckon that Souness sometimes, perhaps unconcsiously, becomes more critical of modern-day Liverpool as a reaction to some of the vitriol he gets from modern-day Liverpool fans. One reaction feeds off the other.

Come on guys. For all his mistakes in the 90's, he was really something else 77 to 84 (dare I say, "the dogs bollocks"?). Bottom-line, I have yet to see a player sweat so much BLOOD on the field in Liverpool shirt (the fact that some of that blood was the opponents, didnt hurt!!)

This kind of ties into the Owen thread somewhat. Yes, he dropped the ball as manager. But be honest, remember the anguish and trauma when Kenny had to step down? And we lost 3 on the trot. And then Souness came in. Almost like the returning prodigal son / messiah.

I prefer to just remember the great (and honest) player that he was. Lets leave it at that, and just ignore the stuff which grates.