You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That article is purely guess work that DIC will be back in as it just presumes that Hicks will struggle getting new loans for other enterprises.

The Share Liverpool idea seems to be coming along nicely, i wonder if they have enough to become a small investor if DIC do buy Liverpool.

It would be nice to see DIC take over and Share Liverpool get 5-10%, with a seat on the board.

Benzema, Ben Arfa and Alves please Mr Sheik! Oh, and while youre at it, a ban on Ferguson from every meeting at which you have a horse or two running would be nice.

I don't want a lot. Just total dominance again, and the knowledge that Man Utd will never overtake us, with Ferguson to go into retirement knowing this full well as we start to pull further away from them.

Jumeirah Hotels Group owns the Burj Al Arab and it's sister Hotel Jumeirah Beach Hotel where I have stayed.. my God.. these are amazing structures and if incoroprated into Anfield it would make us amazing.

Something along the lines of that carlsberg add a few years back, were the guy has a balcony from his bedroom over looking the pitch.................

Dave u could get himself a gold plated kiosk to sell his wares from in the lobby whilst rashid orders his next favorite player from the hotel menu.

Lets wait and see if they get control before we spend the money for them.

Something along the lines of that carlsberg add a few years back, were the guy has a balcony from his bedroom over looking the pitch.................

Dave u could get himself a gold plated kiosk to sell his wares from in the lobby whilst rashid orders his next favorite player from the hotel menu.

Lets wait and see if they get control before we spend the money for them.

Beach....I want a beach man. Just in front of Anfield with a clear view of the action inside. I want the sea re-directed through Stanley Park.

And a few bikini babes serving ice cold beers.

Anything less and the Sheik can fuck off.

I would imagine Hicks is feeling the credit crunch even more with the collapse of Bear Stearns who was supposedly going to be ok i think its put the shits up many American investers.

Hicks is obviously a hell of a lot richer then us but most of his wealth is tied up in assets and he cant sell any of them because they arent worth anything like there value.

Liverpool Football club is the only asset he has which he can expect to make a profit on if he sold and i think this is the reason why he is now coming around to the idea of selling up.

The credit crunch in america is not something that is going to be sorted over the next couple of weeks and banks are not willing to lend money out at the moment, especially to people like Hicks who are seen as very high risk.

At the end of this year Hicks is going to have to get a loan to re-finance the one he took out in Feb but banks are not going to give him anything and DIC can easily turn around and offer him next to fuck knowing he isnt in a position to ask for more cash.

Im not saying everything is true in that Independant article but im talking about what is reality and that is Hicks will be feeling the crunch in America like all the people in the investment people are plus you also have to take into account his business partner is wanting out so he has a choice does he accept DIC offer of £400 million and be happy with making a nice profit or does he sit tight and risk making a loss on Liverpool because there is no way DIC will offer £400 million in a few months time.

Posted by dmjn100 on

D.I.C - TAKEOVER OFFER WITHIN WEEKS. in Transfers/Rumours/Team News from Football.co.uk

heard about this on Friday Xabi.

Apparently JP Morgan have been in close contact with Hicks for the last week & they are said to be pressuring Hicks to come to an agreement with DIC asap.

DIC's deal with Gillett is all done - barring the signing.

Fee's agreed, this add on & that - just waiting for the signatures to be exchanged.

This leak or source has come from JP Morgan.

As we speak there are parties representing Hicks in Dubai & negotiations are said to be advanced.

PCP Capital Partners are there as well as high level reps from DIC.

Its clear it is not now a question of if it happens but when.

I wonder though - when DIC come in & pump millions & millions pounds in to Liverpool - will the fans be as vocal as they were when Chelsea or ManU bought the title?? Wink.

DIC sees the end in sight for Liverpool takeover

England - 27 March, 2008

Dubai International Capital has offered GBP 400 million for English Liverpool, and soon may have control of the club as a result.

DIC officials are confident they have removed their biggest stumbling block to a deal in co-owner Ton Hicks. Hicks had blocked efforts by DIC to acquire the Liverpool half owned by co-owner George Gillett.

The investment company would almost be paying double the GBP 219 million that Gillett and Hicks used to purchase the club in Feb. 2007. But the loans used to purchase the club could cause Gillett and Hicks some trouble with the worldwide credit crisis.

DIC officials estimated a three-to-four week wait for control of Liverpool. A review of the books likely will get underway soon.

euFootball.BIZ covering the professional football (soccer) business - DIC sees the end in sight for Liverpool takeover