You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whats happened to Leto?

redfromtubebar

There was some talk that he might be sent on loan to a club in Spain but nothing has been announced.

Maybe the lad deserves another opportunity here. Sure, he didn't look good in the two appearances he made but having watched the reserve games, its clear that he does have a lot of talent. Almost unrecognisable from his first team appearances.

He can't be any worse than Kewell on current form. I say bring him into the squad and give him an opportunity to make the left wing position his own.

No way. Last thing we need to do is give leto a run now. It would be like setting a fuckin rabbit amongst a pack of wolves. In our current run of form , the slightest mistake and every cunt in the stands would jump on the lad and shatter any confidence to fuckin pieces. Its the senior players who need to drag us out of this and grow some balls, not an unproven youngster. Leto will get his chance in the future.

Guest PaddyBerger15
No way. Last thing we need to do is give leto a run now. It would be like setting a fuckin rabbit amongst a pack of wolves. In our current run of form , the slightest mistake and every cunt in the stands would jump on the lad and shatter any confidence to fuckin pieces. Its the senior players who need to drag us out of this and grow some balls, not an unproven youngster. Leto will get his chance in the future.

I think those are wise words. Its up to the senior 'pros' to get us out of this slump. You don't introduce fledgeling players into a rag bag rabble of a team, especially where expectation is high and delivery is poor.

I think those are wise words. Its up to the senior 'pros' to get us out of this slump. You don't introduce fledgeling players into a rag bag rabble of a team, especially where expectation is high and delivery is poor.

It would/could turn boys into men. The crowd gets behind kids especially local kids much more. We are'nt winning the league, blood some of them now because we dont it otherwise and then whats the point?

To be honest... He can't do worse than Kewell has in his last two appearances.

Nemeth and Insua are the ones who looked good in the reserves to me as well as Flynn and Pacheco (sp)

Thats the point Rebel, Nemeth in a squad with a settled team could be 4th place and get little bits here and there but with rafa he thinks everyone can play so Voronin is in there as a sort of joint number 2 forward, for me Nemeth cant do any worse.

As for Insua, id give him a run now.

Thats the point Rebel, Nemeth in a squad with a settled team could be 4th place and get little bits here and there but with rafa he thinks everyone can play so Voronin is in there as a sort of joint number 2 forward, for me Nemeth cant do any worse.

As for Insua, id give him a run now.

Nemeth for Voronin and Insua for Riise is appealing to me. We need to start seeing some sign of a return from a few of these small investments.

I sold Leto to Spurs for £18m on FM 2007! Ha.

I agree that now is probably not a good time to throw him in, it could destroy him, same goes for any other youngsters. I thought we would see a few more in the cups, maybe we will against Barnsley. All the reports I've heard (mainly from here) seem to suggest Insua and Nemeth could, and possibly should, be given a chance.

His trick against Blackburn reserves was awesome.

That was very good and if it was done by C.Ronaldo or Kaka in a match it would be shown on every football show for the next 10 years.

I personally dont think Leto will make it at Liverpool and i expect him to move on in the summer.

He has the tricks to beat a player but in the ressies he does tend to do too much and goes up many blnid alleys.

Nemeth looks a special talent but has only played a few games in the ressies so its too early for him yet although i do agree he couldnt do much worse then some of the performances ive seen from the senior strikers this season.

Insua is a regular top performer in the reserves and has been doing it for a season now so im surprised he hasnt even made the bench in the cup games but Rafa obviously feels he isnt ready yet.

It would/could turn boys into men. The crowd gets behind kids especially local kids much more. We are'nt winning the league, blood some of them now because we dont it otherwise and then whats the point?
To be honest... He can't do worse than Kewell has in his last two appearances.

I agree with that. it can make players of them. But think back to marseille at home. Leto started, had an average game, and was slated all over the forums because of the final score. You imagine some of the muppets in the moan stand, in the current situation, if he overhits a cross or miscontrols the ball. They'd jump all over him. I honestly think putting him in now would be like suicide for the lad. I may be wrong, it may bring out the best in him. When form picks up, who knows? Might be ideal to blood the likes of him and insua.

Leto's been one of the best players for the reserves this season. It's usually between him and Spearing for MOTM. People are too quick to write players off. He did alright in his first game and was anonymous in his second, but he could be a player if he can impose himself on the game a bit more.