You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good Shit Players/ Shit Good Players

Faustus

Phil Babb is another. Looked good at the World Cup and at Coventry.

Don't tell anyone but I was happy when we signed him.

But then I haven't been wrong about anything since....

Understatement! Babb looked brilliant at the World Cup in '94, was well chuffed when we got him. Little did I know...

In fact that could well be another topic - players that looked great in an international tournament, but were actually shit.

Poborsky, Diouf, must be quite a few...

I remember seeing an interview with Pele where he was asked his favourite player at the tournament (not sure which one, Japan?)

To which he replied, nodding enthusiastically -

'I like Butt....' Cueing much double entendre merriment from Mr Lineker!

Dion Dublin

My claim to fame - I saw Dion in the bar at a Selecter gig at the Junction in Cambridge in about 1992. He then went on to save Michael Owen's life during an England match and take the piss out of the Mancs, by making them the only club he was ever truly shite for. You've gotta love 'im!

Understatement! Babb looked brilliant at the World Cup in '94, was well chuffed when we got him. Little did I know...

In fact that could well be another topic - players that looked great in an international tournament, but were actually shit.

Poborsky, Diouf, must be quite a few...

I remember seeing an interview with Pele where he was asked his favourite player at the tournament (not sure which one, Japan?)

To which he replied, nodding enthusiastically -

'I like Butt....' Cueing much double entendre merriment from Mr Lineker!

The reason Babb looked so good in the world cup was because Paul McGrath was SO good, all Babb had to do was stand there.

Rafa loves his good shit players he would have signed Izzet if he was around now.

Oh fucking do one Rash. Why dont you just break into his Melwood office and tell him what you think of him instead of using almost every thread (even those that are nothing to do with Rafa) to keep repeating yourself.