You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say that they refinance and - largely because of the turmoil they have created - we fail to make the CL. All in all, that knocks *at least* £100m off of any offer DIC would make at a later date.

Then, because the Cowboys have sacked Rafa and failed to give the pathetic patsy who takes the job next sufficient transfer funds, we finish 6th or 7th next season. That, due to the crippling loan and lack of CL football results in a need to send the likes of Torres & Gerrard to properly run clubs at a cutdown price. If Man Utd or Chelsea are the highest bidder, Hicks & Gillett will snap their hands off.

We WILL do a Leeds if this sort of - very likely - scenario comes to fruition. We need our protests tonight to be full of vitriol. We need to make massive visual & vocal statements.

Hicks' Texas franchises regularly finish bottom due to his lack of investment - However, in the cosy US sporting environment you don't have relegation, you can't ruin dreams forevermore due to your own mismanagement. In Europe, you most certainly can.

if they get their finance we're really fucked long term, DIC will be able to pay about £1 for us with hundreds of millions in debt, won't be long until players like Torres are sold to fund future transfers, wages slashed, CL a distant memory, etc. sometimes you have to take a bit of pain

If we get Finance, DIC can pay it off, the madness is in the extra costs these yanks are putting on us with no return. The refinancing itslef will cost millions of our money, plus the redesigns which no doubt cost a certain amount, all in our name all which lead to nothing.

But why would Hicks do this ? If he puts debt on the club, he makes us less attractive to buy, second, his 1BN valuation is based on the LFC with a new stadium, if HIcks is haveing this much trouble refinancing 300m, how the hell is he going to get agreement to get the other 300m needed to actually build the stadium ? Based on this, if Hicks refinances, he's making his company less valuable by putting it into millions of Debt, with little, to slim chance of gaining the necessary credit in the future to actually build the stadium he sees as the crux of generating profit. The refinancing they are doing isnt going to get spades in the ground is it ? The refinancing, the Staidum design etc etc are all being put off, as they aren't going to happen, not on Toms watch anyway.

Though thats on the post's site its from Barrett and is in the Echo.

How can we keep up with interest payments like that? We're not Man Utd with a 75k seater. I know the plan is to get around that and generate cash but in the meantime? We wont have any transfer money and will have crippling interest repayments.

Tonnight might well be our last chance to do something, by the look of it we've got to get in Gilletts head as Hicks doesnt give a fuck.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Shite.

BBC sports editor Mihir Bose told BBC Radio Five Live: "Tom Hicks is right to say he hasn't rejected an offer from DIC because I am told they haven't made one yet.

"However, I understand that DIC are prepared to pay about £400m for Liverpool."

He can fuck off. It was his heavily spun nonsense that sent our fragile chairman jittering over the edge to Hicks.

We need fucking riots, seriously, this can't be allowed to continue.

Moores you've let burglars into your house and they're raping your family - you fucking naive and simple cunt.

As I said earlier, if Moores is a decent human being, he'll be on the phone to DIC at the moment offering a £40m freebie to boost their offer if they don't want to pay over the odds.

Lets face it its going to drag on, we have to sit tight and keep up the pressure.

That is the most sense spoken in the whole 23pages. One thing for certain with Liverpool is that it wont be a quick, drama-less, pain free situation. It will fuckin drag and drag, it will be stressfull. It might not even happen. But WE, THE FANS, need to keep the pressure on, keep this in the media. Tonight is not enough, it has to be a constant fans campaign against these two. To be honest i couldnt give a shit about this season now. There is a much greater prize at stake than any trophy, and thats the future of our club. Never before has the club been in such a state. I honestly believe that we really are hanging on the cliff-edge here. The club could fall apart if things dont go the way we want them to. We cant allow that to happen. Everytime i read an article i hate these two cunts all the more. Fuckin leaches, with NO regard or care for the fans, or our great club whatsoever. They need to be ousted, for the good of this club, at whatever cost it takes. Boycotts, not attending matches, protests, whatever.

NO MONEY

NO TRUTH

NO TRUST

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

GIVE US OUR CLUB BACK

YANKS FUCK OFF!!

They will get the debt onto the club, they will cream every penny they can off the club and us.

There is nothing we can do. We can and will try but really, do you think a few songs will make any sort of difference to people 4000 miles away smoking 100 dollar bills and laughin their arses off?

I said when they took over, it was a sad dark day for our club. Sadly, there seems to be even darker days ahead.

Bloody hell, DIC will be paying £150MK more than they agreed a year ago. They must love Moores. Be interesting to see what they offer after their meeting with RBS.

Fuck off Hicks you cunt.

Sorry but I'm having difficulty keeping up and getting some work done! I thought Hicks had blocked DIC's meeting with RBS? Can he do that?

And what's all this about Hicks blocking DIC and RBS meeting? How the fuck does he have any right to do that? From what i can see its RBS and Wachovia who can really throw the spanner in Hicks/Gillett's plans. If they wont finance them, no one will. I hope Ansaari's on to RBS now, getting them onside

If we get Finance, DIC can pay it off, the madness is in the extra costs these yanks are putting on us with no return. The refinancing itslef will cost millions of our money, plus the redesigns which no doubt cost a certain amount, all in our name all which lead to nothing.

But why would Hicks do this ? If he puts debt on the club, he makes us less attractive to buy, second, his 1BN valuation is based on the LFC with a new stadium, if HIcks is haveing this much trouble refinancing 300m, how the hell is he going to get agreement to get the other 300m needed to actually build the stadium ? Based on this, if Hicks refinances, he's making his company less valuable by putting it into millions of Debt, with little, to slim chance of gaining the necessary credit in the future to actually build the stadium he sees as the crux of generating profit. The refinancing they are doing isnt going to get spades in the ground is it ? The refinancing, the Staidum design etc etc are all being put off, as they aren't going to happen, not on Toms watch anyway.

As it stands, the two cunts have made their other assets less valuable by going for a loan to buy us. When they refinance, this risk will be removed from their assets and place all the risk on us. When (if) they build the stadium, they can sell the club for a much higher price.

It is like you buying a house - you can either sell it after a short period for "some" profit or you can get additional loans, improve the house and then sell it for a higher profit. The only issue here is whether you pay the interest for the additional loan - G&H can easily deal with this issue with the amount of money we bring into the club. They won't sanction big buys - it will always be wheeling and dealing regardless of who the manager is. They will make sure we finish in the top 4 and when the stadium is built, they will easily double the profits that they will get today if they sell us to DIC.

That reads like barrett has broken ranks to let the support know that the job isnt done and to make feelings very clear tonight. Hicks will be fuming at that article, so Barrett must think that he can be got rid of.

It does seems like a concerted effort to make the fans even more riled up before the game tonight. It does seem to be working!

He can afford us he just does not have enough for a new stadium etc.

I'd take that right now.Somebody who loves the club like I do.Fuck 20m players and all that bullshit.

Lets just have our club back

But then were back to sqaure one, Moores back in charge, or Miskelly or Steve Morgan.

Whatever we want for the club, if we went down that route, 4th place would continue to be the hieght of our aspirations. With Shinawatra, lerner and Gaydamark all pumping money into their teams, 7th would be ourmark.

When I was living in India for a few years with my father, business there was quite simple.

If there was a buyer for a business and the seller owed a loan to a bank, the buyer would simply put some under-the-table money in the bank's coffers, have the loan recalled and then proceed to buy out the business.

Bribes. You gotta love em.

Bloody hell, DIC will be paying £150MK more than they agreed a year ago. They must love Moores. Be interesting to see what they offer after their meeting with RBS.

Fuck off Hicks you cunt.

this is what pisses me off that is money that should be spent on the stadium and the team instead it's going into the pockets of the yanks, first Moores and his wedge and then the americans, we have been raped good style, if DIC manage to buy us and invest in us it would be unbelievable as we really deserve to do a Leeds and collapse due to being mismanaged and raped like that.

if DIC walk away we're in big trouble

this is what pisses me off that is money that should be spent on the stadium and the team instead it's going into the pockets of the yanks, first Moores and his wedge and then the americans, we have been raped good style, if DIC manage to buy us and invest in us it would be unbelievable as we really deserve to do a Leeds and collapse due to being mismanaged and raped like that.

DIC seems to be a better option right now but what if they put £400m loan against the club's assets ? This is what will happen eventually - regardless of whether it is thru the two cunts or DIC.

I agree. DIC represent a huge get out of jail card. The mistakes Parry and Moores have made would usually be enough to finish a club.