You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

It's a terrible film. The worst "car chase" in cinema history, Liam Neeson's risible cockney accent, the antagonist turns up literally in the last act out of nowhere, Jim Carrey hams it up for about five minutes and Guns n Roses turn up at his funeral. I could watch the first two Dirty Harry films all day, even The Enforcer and Sudden Impact are decent enough in comparison to this twaddle. I think Clint even hinted that he did this solely to finance his Charlie Parker film. 

Now Bird is a great fucking film.

Best of Enemies - Netflix. 

Sam Rockwell and Taraji P. Henson on opposite ends of the equality divide brought into a dispute about racial segregation in a school. Very very good. Sam Rockwell is superb as always. 8/10. 

• Upvote 1

Words on bathroom walls. Very good, quite a down film (films about mental illness will do that) but pullls up at the end for a feel good finale. 8.5/10.

Taylor Russell is a sight for sore eyes, 26 years old and pulls off looking 18 with ease.

740full-taylor-russell.jpg

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Best of Enemies - Netflix. 

Sam Rockwell and Taraji P. Henson on opposite ends of the equality divide brought into a dispute about racial segregation in a school. Very very good. Sam Rockwell is superb as always. 8/10. 

I watched Sam Rockwell in Conviction, never heard of it. It was decent and he is under-rated, 7/10.

Trial By Fire - Netflix 

Jack O’Connell in the true story of a death row inmate accused of murdering his kids in a house fire. What an actor. Really fucking hard watching. Same director as Blood Diamond and Last Samurai.  8.5/10 

Best of Enemies - Netflix

Big up (whatever THAT'S supposed to mean) to @Bjornebye for this. Extraordinary story that was rivetting throughout. Quite apart from everything else, keep an eye out for the beautiful garage building as well. Pure eye candy.

9/10 - Highly recommended.

• Upvote 1

Freaky

A body swap film with a twist. A serial killer (Vince Vaughn) stabs high school girl (Kathryn Newton)  with a magic knife and they swap bodies. They have 24 hours to swap back otherwise the girl is stuck in the serial killers body forever.

Good fun. A bit of humour and a bit of gore and a satire on every slasher movie trope.

Also I had to check the age of Kathryn Newton to see if I had to turn myself in. Thankfully my thoughts were very legal

7/10

20 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Words on bathroom walls. Very good, quite a down film (films about mental illness will do that) but pullls up at the end for a feel good finale. 8.5/10.

Taylor Russell is a sight for sore eyes, 26 years old and pulls off looking 18 with ease.

740full-taylor-russell.jpg

18??? She looks about 12. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, rb14 said:

Best of Enemies - Netflix

Big up (whatever THAT'S supposed to mean) to @Bjornebye for this. Extraordinary story that was rivetting throughout. Quite apart from everything else, keep an eye out for the beautiful garage building as well. Pure eye candy.

9/10 - Highly recommended.

It’s a new sex thing all the young people are doing, Rog. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/03/2021 at 22:48, Bjornebye said:

Trial By Fire - Netflix 

Jack O’Connell in the true story of a death row inmate accused of murdering his kids in a house fire. What an actor. Really fucking hard watching. Same director as Blood Diamond and Last Samurai.  8.5/10 

Watched this myself last night. Really good. Can't say 'enjoyable' but very well done

5 minutes ago, Special K said:

Watched this myself last night. Really good. Can't say 'enjoyable' but very well done

Yeah films like that you can't call enjoyable. Schindlers List is one of the greatest films of all time but it's in no way enjoyable. Doesn't mean they aren't great. 

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah films like that you can't call enjoyable. Schindlers List is one of the greatest films of all time but it's in no way enjoyable. Doesn't mean they aren't great. 

Where do you stand on Bambi?

Dark Blue - 7/10. Watched this again after seeing it discussed on here. Typical James Elroy fayre: anti-hero racist corrupt cop eventually redeems himself with nowhere left to turn. Entertaining and Kurt Russell is always watchable. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Dark Blue - 7/10. Watched this again after seeing it discussed on here. Typical James Elroy fayre: anti-hero racist corrupt cop eventually redeems himself with nowhere left to turn. Entertaining and Kurt Russell is always watchable. 

I had never seen it before but agree with all of the above.