Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 1073 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

Beast - British film set on Jersey that's difficult to categorize (though Wikipedia says it's a psychological thriller) about a troubled girl who starts a relationship with a man who may, or may not, be a killer. It's a subtle film for large portions  but it does become more obvious as it reaches its conclusion. Strong central performance from Jessie Buckley who straddles the line between emotionally repressed good girl and angry bad girl well. 8 out of 10

• Upvote 1

Creed 2.

Shit. Just the same old Rocky film but with different characters and zero charisma.

Watched Rocky 3 the other night it was ace. Clubber is boss. Even the fight scenes from back then are better and much more emotional.

This has nothing. Not even a bluenose to boo.

Should be the end of the Rocky stuff now.

3/10

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iPlop said:

Creed 2.

Shit. Just the same old Rocky film but with different characters and zero charisma.

Watched Rocky 3 the other night it was ace. Clubber is boss. Even the fight scenes from back then are better and much more emotional.

This has nothing. Not even a bluenose to boo.

Should be the end of the Rocky stuff now.

3/10

Still the rematch with Thunderclaps to come yet. 

Watched The Terminal with Tom Hanks again last night. Not seen it in years. Cracking little film. Obviously a bit cheesy etc but Hanks plays his role brilliantly and Catherine Zeta-Jones is 11/10 in it. 

7/10 

Free Solo.

Some fucking nut job attempts to free climb a massive sheer granite cliff in Yosemite.

Had to look away on numerous occasions as he hangs thousands of feet up by a thumb.

Incredible7.5/10

6 minutes ago, iPlop said:

Free Solo.

Some fucking nut job attempts to free climb a massive sheer granite cliff in Yosemite.

Had to look away on numerous occasions as he hangs thousands of feet up by a thumb.

Incredible7.5/10

Saw the trailer for that and got vertigo. Some absolute headcases out there. 

3 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

Halfway through Free Solo. Fucking insanity. The man has got balls the size of that watermelon his missus cuts for him.

Don’t think he has big balls he is just insane and doesn’t give a fuck.

Says he is not arsed if he falls off to his death as long as no one  is watching.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Is that not Viggo Mortensen? 

No mate, the guy Viggo Mortensen played is Tony Lip. Soz for the confusion.

Public Enemies

I remember when this film came out. Michael Mann directing Bale vs Depp in an American gangster story of Jonny Dillenger. I also love Marion Cotillard. I thinking after I saw it first, that it was absolutely ace and really enjoyed it. However, nobody seemed to agree with me.

I watched it again yesterday and I still think it’s brilliant - a very, very underrated film.

8.5/10

Coco - 8/10

Pixar magic again. Would have been given a 9 if the ending hadn’t turned into some type of terrible Mexican soap opera. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Public Enemies

I remember when this film came out. Michael Mann directing Bale vs Depp in an American gangster story of Jonny Dillenger. I also love Marion Cotillard. I thinking after I saw it first, that it was absolutely ace and really enjoyed it. However, nobody seemed to agree with me.

I watched it again yesterday and I still think it’s brilliant - a very, very underrated film.

8.5/10

I think the way it was filmed, using digital cameras, put a lot of people off. It's hard to judge the film itself when there's such a barrier to your immersion.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Man Who Killed Hitler And The Bigfoot

Enjoyable yarn starring that old grey haired fella with the gravelly voice and the big grey tache,

6/10 1080p Yoda Kodi

Seriously? That was the shittest bigfoot ever.

Crimson Tide, lots of men sweating in a submarine & getting upset with each other about war & stuff. Entertaining but ultimately a load of shite, 5/10.

A Matter of Life and Death - 10/10

One of the best ever.  Utterly mad, but sheer brilliance throughout.

• Upvote 2

Spectre 6/10

It’s actually pretty good until Blofeld turned up and then it got more and more stupid. Seems like they tried to replace the emotional arc of M’s death with step-brother face off, however, it just completely missed the mark.

Shame as it was on course to being a decent film & Waltz could have been a great villain. Saying that, a quick skim through his films on IMDb, the only good films Waltz has been in are with Tarentino. 

Ready Player One - Adaptation of the book of the same name and I had the same level of frustration with the film that I did with the book but for different reasons. I think it was just too meta to have Spielberg direct this when the book is very often in thrall to his movies and given how much of the film was CGI I'm not sure how much he even directed. Everything felt to weightless, rushed, under-explained, goofy and clichéd. Spotting some of the pop culture characters and references was fun but I felt it traded way too heavily on nostalgia, just like the book. At least the author (screenwriter here too) had the good grace to drop the whole "The puzzle was a scene from Film X, luckily I'd just watched Film X 200 times a week ago" shtick that ruins the book so badly. Also, Mark Rylance doesn't have to be in everything you do, Steven. 4 out of 10.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, TK421 said:

I watched Jaws the other night and thought it was shite.  I've decided Spielberg may be slightly overrated. 

Nonsense. 

Also:

Jaws

ET

Jurassic Park

Schindlers List

Saving Private Ryan

Munich

War Of The Worlds

Catch Me If You Can

Empire Of The Sun 

(to name just a few)

Strongly disagree. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Nonsense. 

Also:

Jaws

ET

Jurassic Park

Schindlers List

Saving Private Ryan

Munich

War Of The Worlds

Catch Me If You Can

Empire Of The Sun 

(to name just a few)

Strongly disagree. 

Jaws is boss simply because it has sharks in it and the music is legendary. All other factors are just bonuses.